Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #901
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....my brother's operation was this morning....he's resting now, and hopefully in two days, when they do the biopsy, they will have gotten all the infection...
I probably missed it, but what/where was the infection?

Regardless, lots of hugs and good wishes your way!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #902
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
dang!
Still see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Ahhh! It's so nice to have a place to go that is politics free. We all may be on various ends of the spectrum, but we can all agree on Disney. I want to live in a big happy Disney bubble. Our only arguments would be over which way to go first when you get to MK.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I deal with that at work. You have my symapthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post

For me it's always left. Left is sentimental.
I'm a right-y. On to my WEDway happy place.

Quote:
....my brother's operation was this morning....he's resting now, and hopefully in two days, when they do the biopsy, they will have gotten all the infection...
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #903
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they got it all!!!
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #904
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
I probably missed it, but what/where was the infection?

Regardless, lots of hugs and good wishes your way!
...this past summer he was in S.C. at his DD's softball tournament and they were spending the day on the beach. As a diabetic, he's lost most feeling in his feet. Well, he spent too much time standing on the hot sand and got a 2nd degree burn on the bottom of his foot. In and out of the hospital twice for the infection that ensued left him to be treated at home 3 days a week with a skin graft after most of the bottom of his foot was cut out. One of the idiot nurses visited and, [I'm assuming] by accident removed the skin graft, but never bothered to tell my brother! To make it worse, his insurance ran out, so the visiting nurses stopped coming, all the while giving him the runaround. By the time he went to the doctor's office, the doctor wanted to know what had happened to the skin graft - of course, my brother had no idea. The infection spread into his bones, so they had no choice but to amputate his foot.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #905
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

.....i the biopsy in 2 days shows that there is still evidence of infection, they have to go back in and cut more off, and then do that again in 2 more days. I'm hoping this nightmare ends and they've gotten it all.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #906
LegoMom3

Oh kimmar I am SO sorry to hear that.....How awful. Praying he comes through this quickly and without further damage.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #907
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
I hope everything goes okay for your brother. Thinking and praying for you all.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #908
LegoMom3

Y'know, this computer-tracking bit is starting to weird me out. I looked up a web site last night, and this morning that company's ad is on just about every site I've visited that has ads. The day before it was something else. I realize there is no privacy when you're on-line, but this ad-tracking is a bit too much!!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #909
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Y'know, this computer-tracking bit is starting to weird me out. I looked up a web site last night, and this morning that company's ad is on just about every site I've visited that has ads. The day before it was something else. I realize there is no privacy when you're on-line, but this ad-tracking is a bit too much!!

Totally agree! Drives me crazy too.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 10-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #910
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

kimmar .... ya'll are all in my prayers.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #911
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

I am sorry I have been so MIA lately ya'll. I have been on the go so much I think I have developed a shin splint. From running errands!! Seriouly though.... The pain is just above my left ankle and the pain is only bad at night when I have stopped for the day. Does that sound like one? If it does.... What do ya'll do for it?
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #912
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Ahhh! It's so nice to have a place to go that is politics free. We all may be on various ends of the spectrum, but we can all agree on Disney. I want to live in a big happy Disney bubble. Our only arguments would be over which way to go first when you get to MK.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I agree. So nice to have a political free zone.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #913
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Best of luck to him.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #914
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
...this past summer he was in S.C. at his DD's softball tournament and they were spending the day on the beach. As a diabetic, he's lost most feeling in his feet. Well, he spent too much time standing on the hot sand and got a 2nd degree burn on the bottom of his foot. In and out of the hospital twice for the infection that ensued left him to be treated at home 3 days a week with a skin graft after most of the bottom of his foot was cut out. One of the idiot nurses visited and, [I'm assuming] by accident removed the skin graft, but never bothered to tell my brother! To make it worse, his insurance ran out, so the visiting nurses stopped coming, all the while giving him the runaround. By the time he went to the doctor's office, the doctor wanted to know what had happened to the skin graft - of course, my brother had no idea. The infection spread into his bones, so they had no choice but to amputate his foot.....
Wow the poor guy!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #915
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I am sorry I have been so MIA lately ya'll. I have been on the go so much I think I have developed a shin splint. From running errands!! Seriouly though.... The pain is just above my left ankle and the pain is only bad at night when I have stopped for the day. Does that sound like one? If it does.... What do ya'll do for it?
I don't know, but I hope it goes away.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: