Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #751
YoYoAurora

Pity my DH! It's a looooong list
And now back to my usual ignore all schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....n-n-n-n-not h-h-h-h-h-here...
Well, I'd say come on, your room is ready, but I don't think your pole and udder will fit through the door. Are they detachable? We could keep them in the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Good morning ya'll.

I have been trying to move around a few of our ADRs for this trip. And NOTHING IS AVAILABLE!!
Keep trying! Persistence does pay off! As I'm playing that game too!

Quote:
Not really. Plan A is good. We just had to take a day off the trip. Went from 9 nights to 8. DH needs to get back home on saturday. He needs sunday to get caught up in the office before the real work load hits on monday. But doing this is causing us to miss out on 1900 Park Fare and Le Cellier. I have been trying to work them in somewhere. But it looks like a no go. I'll keep trying though. Maybe I'll catch a cancellation.
Ah man! I know how he feels though. My DH and I are the same way. Although I will be working a little during our WDW trip. It's all stuff that I can do after the parks close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Mine are more like face warmers.

It was 20 here when I got up at 8:00. Hard frost on everything this morning. But, it's time, I suppose. I just don't have to be happy about it.

And don't tell my DH but I'm sort of a closet Rays fan. Y'know, Tampa Bay and all that. I also like the Rangers, but that goes without saying.
Uh oh! I bribed mine with cat treats to go to the foot of the bed.

I'm sure I read that right - 20 degrees! Oh my! Stay warm! It's almost 70 here.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #752
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

So, much to my surprise, DS10 has chosen DHS as his park of choice next month!! I was sure he'd go for the MK, given the quantity of rides. But no, he says there are more things at the Studios that he's never done before (true) and would like to go there.

I'm ok with this. I actually think the day may be a tad less frenetic with fewer things to try to fit in. It's going to be mobbed at any park, so we're going with that frame of mind and ready to just go with the flow. The only thing there I absolutely won't go on with him is Star Tours..... I'm considering doing RRC....But it'll depend how I feel that day. ToT I'll suck it up and go on again. The only time I've ridden that was before seat belts, with the lap bars. Lap bars + tiny people = true terror!! We've never seen the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show. DS wants to do the Backlot Tour. We've never seen Fantasmic (showing the night we plan to be there), AND!....we get the Obsourne Family Spectacle of Lights!!! (another never-seen).

I'm really getting excited about this!!! OH! And we get to have a bite for breakfast at Starring Rolls. YUM-O!

----------------

ETA: Just made a lunch ADR for Sci-Fi Dine In!!! DS loved eating there on our last trip and didn't realize, until I just told him, that it was there in the Studios! Now's he's UBER-excited!!

Last edited by LegoMom3; 10-13-2012 at 02:52 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #753
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
So, much to my surprise, DS10 has chosen DHS as his park of choice next month!! I was sure he'd go for the MK, given the quantity of rides. But no, he says there are more things at the Studios that he's never done before (true) and would like to go there.

I'm ok with this. I actually think the day may be a tad less frenetic with fewer things to try to fit in. It's going to be mobbed at any park, so we're going with that frame of mind and ready to just go with the flow. The only thing there I absolutely won't go on with him is Star Tours..... I'm considering doing RRC....But it'll depend how I feel that day. ToT I'll suck it up and go on again. The only time I've ridden that was before seat belts, with the lap bars. Lap bars + tiny people = true terror!! We've never seen the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show. DS wants to do the Backlot Tour. We've never seen Fantasmic (showing the night we plan to be there), AND!....we get the Obsourne Family Spectacle of Lights!!! (another never-seen).

I'm really getting excited about this!!! OH! And we get to have a bite for breakfast at Starring Rolls. YUM-O!

----------------

ETA: Just made a lunch ADR for Sci-Fi Dine In!!! DS loved eating there on our last trip and didn't realize, until I just told him, that it was there in the Studios! Now's he's UBER-excited!!

I love the burger and shakes at Sci Fi. It sounds like you're going to definitely have loads of fun!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 10-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #754
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Not really. Plan A is good. We just had to take a day off the trip. Went from 9 nights to 8. DH needs to get back home on saturday. He needs sunday to get caught up in the office before the real work load hits on monday. But doing this is causing us to miss out on 1900 Park Fare and Le Cellier. I have been trying to work them in somewhere. But it looks like a no go. I'll keep trying though. Maybe I'll catch a cancellation.
DH comes home...you stay the extra night and get to have a day to play by yourself and eat at 1900PF and Le Cellier. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 10-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #755
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...mebbe they're just TOE warmers....
I'd be happy if they were little toe warmers!

Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #756
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'd be happy if they were little toe warmers!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #757
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

LM - great plan! Though Star Tours is such a fun ride. Do you get motion sick easy? I can see that being a good reason to skip. Going to see the Osbourne lights is reason enough. I always get so emotional walking around, seeing the lights, listening to the music, and feeling the fake snow fall.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #758
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
LM - great plan! Though Star Tours is such a fun ride. Do you get motion sick easy? I can see that being a good reason to skip. Going to see the Osbourne lights is reason enough. I always get so emotional walking around, seeing the lights, listening to the music, and feeling the fake snow fall.
Yeah, it's the whole motion-simulator bit. I can ride roller coasters, I can watch movies (even 3D!). But if you try to combine the two in some way, shape or form, I'm done for.

I'm ALL about the Lights!! Can't wait to see that. I've also never seen Fantasmic. Any pointers on that one?....it's the only "fireworks" show with seating and I'm clueless on when to arrive, where to sit, etc..

Last edited by LegoMom3; 10-14-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #759
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Yeah, it's the whole motion-simulator bit. I can ride roller coasters, I can watch movies (even 3D!). But if you try to combine the two in some way, shape or form, I'm done for.

I'm ALL about the Lights!! Can't wait to see that. I've also never seen Fantasmic. Any pointers on that one?....it's the only "fireworks" show with seating and I'm clueless on when to arrive, where to sit, etc..

Generally for Fantasmic people line up way ahead of time to get a good seat. Since it's just the two of you, it won't be as big a problem. I do try to get smack dab in the middle of the theater so I can see everything but I don't think there really is a bad seat. You could also book the Fantasmic dinner package so you can eat then sit in a reserved area at the show. I do still recommend not waiting until the last minute on that, because a lot of people book the package.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #760
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Quote:
No team loyalty, I tell ya. But I won't tell your DH.

While all of you'se guys (trying to speak so Kimmar can understand, since she was so confused by the y'all yesterday) are freezing, I will be having my end of the year pool party. It's been getting down into the low 70's at night and low 90's during the day. What a cold front. I think my a/c will be on until November, if I'm lucky. If I'm unlucky, it won't go off totally at all (like last year.)
Pool party!?!? When I got up yesterday morning, the bowl of dog water was frozen.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #761
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:

----------------

Osbourne Lights is something I really want to see someday.

Quote:
I can't do Star Tours either. Makes me sick.

Quote:

I am the same way. I'll ride a roller coaster over a simulator any day. Warning: NEVER NEVER ride Simpsons at Universal if Star Tours bothers you. I have never been so sick in my life. It was terrible. I had to sit out of some fun stuff while I tried to piece myself back together. I have enough problems with my head feeling full and dizzy with my regular sinus issues......the Simpsons simulator tried to kill me.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #762
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

SO wishing I was in Epcot today, strolling the World Showcase with a snack and adult beverage in hand!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #763
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
SO wishing I was in Epcot today, strolling the World Showcase with a snack and adult beverage in hand!
That would be wonderful!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #764
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Ahhh. . .That would be great!

I so did not know that waiting at the finish line for me at the Myrtle Beach mini next week will be beer.

It's making me want to run faster.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #765
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Ahhh. . .That would be great!

I so did not know that waiting at the finish line for me at the Myrtle Beach mini next week will be beer.

It's making me want to run faster.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: