Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #2251
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Where'd everyone go? Did the weather finally get nice and you're all outside? We had a lot of rain this weekend but still managed to find some pool time.
We have finally enjoyed some beautiful weather. Rain for tomorrow and the weekend though. It's ok b/c the fire danger is high and we need it.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #2252
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

1 month until my son graduates! Yes, we are counting down.

I have not been on the computer much lately. I've only had time to scan fb quickly. I made it on here a few times and then something happened and I had to exit out. I have been very busy packing and moving my mother to my house. Many car loads and it has just about killed me. I am small and not meant to be in the moving business.

My mother is moving to FL the day after my son graduates. She is staying here until the move b/c she sold her home. She spent a few winters in FL and feels she will be happy if she moves there. She is moving alone and is almost 75. All her family is here in Maine and she doesn't know when she will see any of us again. She does have 1 neice in FL, but she never even saw her when she was there before. I hope she doesn't have more medical issues that require help b/c we are all in Maine.
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #2253
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post

I have not been on the computer much lately. I've only had time to scan fb quickly. I made it on here a few times and then something happened and I had to exit out. I have been very busy packing and moving my mother to my house. Many car loads and it has just about killed me. I am small and not meant to be in the moving business.

My mother is moving to FL the day after my son graduates. She is staying here until the move b/c she sold her home. She spent a few winters in FL and feels she will be happy if she moves there. She is moving alone and is almost 75. All her family is here in Maine and she doesn't know when she will see any of us again. She does have 1 neice in FL, but she never even saw her when she was there before. I hope she doesn't have more medical issues that require help b/c we are all in Maine.
That is quite the big move at 75 and to a totally different climate. What area is she moving to? There are many areas in Florida that are almost strictly retiree areas, like the Villages and Sun City Center (where my grandparents live.) They never seem to be bored. Hopefully, she finds a good senior community.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #2254
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post

Good luck to your very adventurous mother!

Congrats to your son.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #2255
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

SadieDog, I hope the move for your mom goes smoothly!

And a graduation! Wow!

We've got Nemo's First Communion tomorrow and I'm trying to get my baking out of the way now before it gets too hot. It's supposed to be 80 today.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #2256
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
That is quite the big move at 75 and to a totally different climate. What area is she moving to? There are many areas in Florida that are almost strictly retiree areas, like the Villages and Sun City Center (where my grandparents live.) They never seem to be bored. Hopefully, she finds a good senior community.
She is moving to Merritt Island near Port Canaveral in the same senior mobile home park where she has stayed for a few winters. It's on Banana River. She likes to take walks and look at the river. This park has some of the last very old (60's) mobile homes left in the area. Otherwise she would never be able to afford it. She had to sell her mobile home here to be able to buy one in FL. The park rent in FL is $140 more than her rented land in my little town. She lives off SS so it will be difficult. She also had to give up most of her belongings. She certainly can't afford to have her furniture moved. She is moving into an almost empty place. She won't even have a bed, but she was left a couch to sleep on until she can afford a bed. She is thinking maybe living there 2 or 3 years then moving back to Maine. Much will probably depend on her health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Good luck to your very adventurous mother!

Congrats to your son.
Thank you.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #2257
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
SadieDog, I hope the move for your mom goes smoothly!

And a graduation! Wow!

We've got Nemo's First Communion tomorrow and I'm trying to get my baking out of the way now before it gets too hot. It's supposed to be 80 today.
Happy baking and I hope the communion goes well.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #2259
PrincessInOz
in

To those celebrating....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #2261
PrincessInOz
in

You're up early! Happy Mother's Day to you.

Is the Communion today; or was that yesterday?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #2262
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I am up early. I've been up since 430am, couldn't go back to sleep. Not sure if my brain is in overdrive, I'm missing my mom, or a combination of the two.

First communion was yesterday and went very well! I was so proud of Nemo. He is such a good kid and did so well. And the party afterwards was smooth sailing all the way! My husband and I have worked a really good system for when we entertain. I do a lot of running, but everyone had a great time, and that's what matters to me.

Then about 930 last night I collapsed on the couch with a glass of wine. It was lovely.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #2263
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I am up early. I've been up since 430am, couldn't go back to sleep. Not sure if my brain is in overdrive, I'm missing my mom, or a combination of the two.

First communion was yesterday and went very well! I was so proud of Nemo. He is such a good kid and did so well. And the party afterwards was smooth sailing all the way! My husband and I have worked a really good system for when we entertain. I do a lot of running, but everyone had a great time, and that's what matters to me.

Then about 930 last night I collapsed on the couch with a glass of wine. It was lovely.
Yeah. There was an article in the papers here where it was saying Mother's Day sucked for a lot of people without moms or with bad feelings towards their moms. It is one of those bitter sweet things.

Glad that Nemo did good yesterday. Hope you get to rest up today....with more wine.

I spent 30 minutes just now doing some sit ups and stretches in my living room. Seemed to be a better idea than being a couch potato whilst watching the TV. Now, I'm not so sure!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #2264
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:

Sounds like the party was a success!

Sorry you couldn't sleep. Mother's Day can be rough after you lose your mom, very bittersweet. The sweet being our kids of course.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #2265
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

...mo'nin....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: