Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #2011
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 04-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #2012
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I feel like I did that yesterday at Easter lunch... instead of the usual ham, my uncle fried EVERYTHING he could get his hands on.

He even made an attempt at his own corn dogs. When he ran out of batter, he just fried the dogs.

I'm guessing he ended up with HOT dogs.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #2013
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Yeah, pretty much!

They did make a splash with the fried pickles.

I'm currently watching the 2013 Disney Parks planning DVD. I'm a bit bent because I was planning to run it next weekend (at a local bazaar) and there are a bunch of sub menus.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to just run the WDW and DLR sections and not mess with the "other" aspects of the Disney Parks. I don't want to spend all day pushing buttons.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #2014
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post
I'm not really a size 2 either. Pants are just cut bigger than they used to be. Yes, most women's clothes are too big and I have to look in the junior dept. I hate the thought of people thinking I'm trying to wear 'young people clothes' at my age though. I really just want something that fits my shape. Oh and just b/c I wear a smaller size, don't mistake that for looking good. I am not all fit and toned. I have stretch marks that show up well on my ghost white skin. My daughter thinks I should try some lotion that helps you look tan. She likes Jergens Natural Glow. It says on the bottle that it creates natural looking color. Hmmmm maybe it's worth a try. I wouldn't want to blind anyone with my glowing white skin.
Oh my gosh. We have a running joke in my family about me blinding people with my skin or blending into white walls. I actually don't really care because it's the only part of me that's Irish and I LOVED my Granddad. That being said, it'd be nice not to get sun poisoning if I don't wear sun block.

I'll have to give that lotion a go, though. I like the idea of a more tan leg in the summer, could be worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
I gained 5 last week alone with my visit to WDW. I really need to get back on my Weight Watchers.
I am so sick of carb cycling but I know it works. So I'm doing it again.

Quote:
I feel like I did that yesterday at Easter lunch... instead of the usual ham, my uncle fried EVERYTHING he could get his hands on.

He even made an attempt at his own corn dogs. When he ran out of batter, he just fried the dogs.
Oh my goodness! I bet they were good though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm guessing he ended up with HOT dogs.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #2015
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Quote:

Gross. I would be sick.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #2016
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh my gosh. We have a running joke in my family about me blinding people with my skin or blending into white walls. I actually don't really care because it's the only part of me that's Irish and I LOVED my Granddad. That being said, it'd be nice not to get sun poisoning if I don't wear sun block.

I'll have to give that lotion a go, though. I like the idea of a more tan leg in the summer, could be worth a shot.

I am so sick of carb cycling but I know it works. So I'm doing it again.

Oh my goodness! I bet they were good though!

I'm a freak about wearing sun block. I've had sun poisoning twice. Painful and I was sick as a dog.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #2017
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
I'm a freak about wearing sun block. I've had sun poisoning twice. Painful and I was sick as a dog.
...but were you HOT as a dog?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #2018
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...but were you HOT as a dog?
Well my skin felt like it was on fire, but I had the chills and felt cold.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #2019
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
When I was in college, my roommate and I were talking with some other girls in our dorm, planning outfits for some event we were all going to. My roommate was describing what she wanted, and said she wanted white nylons like Ginny was wearing, as she pointed to Ginny's legs..... To which this person replied in horror, "Those are my LEGS!!!" True story.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #2020
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
When I was in college, my roommate and I were talking with some other girls in our dorm, planning outfits for some event we were all going to. My roommate was describing what she wanted, and said she wanted white nylons like Ginny was wearing, as she pointed to Ginny's legs..... To which this person replied in horror, "Those are my LEGS!!!" True story.

July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #2021
TarzansKat

Quote:
Actually, ironically enough, my first bout with sun poisoning...come to think of it, the two times it's happened to me have been at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post

Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #2022
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!

just wanted to say HELLO....

Hope everyone had a nice easter... (or passover).. or whatever....

I am running around like a nut job.

spent a few days out past Lancaster for a swim meet again with DD.... my other DD was at my sister's and she took her to the Taylor Swift concert.. (she knew someone who knows some one who go them a luxury suite.. with food beverages, etc..) and my other son stayed with my neighbor...

Got home LATE on Saturday.. and had nothing planned for Easter... I still have little guys who expect the easter bunny... ugh...

by some miracle... the easter bunny did show up at my house on Sunday morning...

I was so exhausted from running around,... and then sitting around at the darn swim meet.. I was happy to be home and do nothing on Easter... My inlaws I think were expecting me to host something.. Because we ALWAYS do.. but this year we said.. NOPE... and I couldn't have been happier... (but one part of me feels like I jipped my kids.. but I think they didn't mind having a quiet day to catch up.

I took a nap.. which I never do, because I can't stand wasting a day.. but I think I needed it.

My DD did very well at the meet... she was sooooo close to a qulaifying time for a national meet... (they hold it in Orlando)... I told her to practice a little harder and when she gets the time needed.. then we will plan out trip.. (a little incentive)... a little bribery... but I think it's a win-win... she gets a good swim.. we get to go to Orlando...

Keep your fingers crossed...

No DISNEYticker at the moment

Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #2023
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
just wanted to say HELLO...I am running around like a nut job....
...story. of. my. life.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #2024
TarzansKat

Hi, daisyyy!

I'm glad you got a nice relaxing Easter at home. We hosted, so ours was anything but, and I am still recovering. Don't let that fool you, though, I love every second of it. Especially seeing my nieces.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #2025
PrincessInOz
in

Hi Daisyyy. Hope you've been well and hope you get to Orlando!

Morning all.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: