Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #1996
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieDog View Post
Yoga pants don't work. I have a pair on and yet have little motivation.

Mmmm Cadbury and Lindt. I want candy, but don't have any.
Forget expanding your mind through yoga, you can expand your waist with yoga pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Good morning and happy Easter!!

Very early start to my day. Not by choice. Woke up at 3:45 with a skull-splitting headache, so I had no choice but to go take some Excedrin. Sat on the couch while that kicked in, and of course now I'm wide awake.....

So, decided now was as good a time as any to color my hair, so here I sit with stinky goop all over my head and DISing at 5:30am!!

No, I have no life.....

Hope you all have [or, had...in PiO's case!] a great day, however you celebrate it!
Sounds like an exciting start to Easter for you. At least you will have nice hair for any family events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Happy Easter, everyone!

The Reeses peanut butter eggs in my house were fruitful and multiplied courtesy of the Easter bunny.

OH BOY. Diet? What's that?

PiO, I am SO sad I'm going to miss you. What is this dark side of which you speak?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! There will be six kiddos (and various adults) at my house later and we'll be doing an egg hunt. I'm excited. I love spoiling my nieces on Easter, never mind my own kids.
I have yet to visit the dark side since Harry got there. I really want to do a trip with just DH and me. The youngest would be too scared and the oldest isn't a Potter fan.

We are heading out to brunch soon. Still waiting for the oldest to get up so the youngest can go search with her for baskets.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #1997
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Forget expanding your mind through yoga, you can expand your waist with yoga pants.....

....actually, mine has been SHRINKING....I purchased the NutriBullet and have been drinking one smoothie every day....one of the added bonuses is that I lost about 6 lbs already!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #1998
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
PiO, I am SO sad I'm going to miss you. What is this dark side of which you speak?
Its the dark hole of Universal; compared to the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post

....actually, mine has been SHRINKING....I purchased the NutriBullet and have been drinking one smoothie every day....one of the added bonuses is that I lost about 6 lbs already!
Congratulations! That's great work.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #1999
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

.....my brother's failing health really got me to thinking about my own....so I started about 3 weeks ago....I've added Turmeric and fresh ginger to alleviate some of the inflammation on my knees and it's helped a bit...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #2000
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
.....my brother's failing health really got me to thinking about my own....so I started about 3 weeks ago....I've added Turmeric and fresh ginger to alleviate some of the inflammation on my knees and it's helped a bit...
I'm going to have to start myself........

......thinking, that is.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 03-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #2001
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

I need to get my food act in gear. I've started running again (regularly) but need to refocus on more healthy eating choices. It's so easy to slack off up here in the winter....your body truly does crave carbs, and I'm sorry but when it's freezing out and I'm constantly cold, the last thing I want is fruit or salad!! That's when I'd like to sit down with a loaf of crusty bread, a stick of butter, and a knife.....

Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #2002
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Forget expanding your mind through yoga, you can expand your waist with yoga pants.
Love it.

Quote:

Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Its the dark hole of Universal; compared to the World.
My friend and I fondly call that Harry Potter Land now. I have yet to see it.

Quote:
I need to get my food act in gear. I've started running again (regularly) but need to refocus on more healthy eating choices. It's so easy to slack off up here in the winter....your body truly does crave carbs, and I'm sorry but when it's freezing out and I'm constantly cold, the last thing I want is fruit or salad!! That's when I'd like to sit down with a loaf of crusty bread, a stick of butter, and a knife.....

ME TOO. I was sick of carb cycling, but I think I'm going to start again. I've gained some weight back (I keep fighting the same 10 lbs it seems) and I know it works.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #2003
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Quote:
Happy Easter, everyone!

The Reeses peanut butter eggs in my house were fruitful and multiplied courtesy of the Easter bunny.

OH BOY. Diet? What's that?

Kimmar, how did the quest for pants go?

SadieDog, I know what you mean about finding good pants. What amazes me too is that in the same store (Kohl's) I can be two completely different sizes, depending on the cut of the pants. Without having lost or gained weight. Amazes me. Shopping can be a chore.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! There will be six kiddos (and various adults) at my house later and we'll be doing an egg hunt. I'm excited. I love spoiling my nieces on Easter, never mind my own kids.
I know what you mean about the sizes in Kohls. Last year I tried on so many pairs of jeans, I wanted to cry. The sizes were so different, I had to bring in a range from 0-3. I am not a size 0. I should not fit into them. Some were tight and some fit, but not properly. Some 3's were cut way too big in the waist for a size 3. After about 15 pairs of jeans, I gave up.

I was not too pleased with Target's pants either. I was so exiced to finally find a store that carries size 2. Many stores start at size 4 which is usually too big. I brought all the size 2's in the dressing room that I could find. Not one fit. They were all too big b/c what they were calling a 2 is actually cut like a size 4. Again, I left a store without a single pair of pants to fit me. Why do I bother shopping? I have gained few pounds. Maybe I should try again.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #2004
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Great you have found something that helps.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #2005
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:

Oh yes, I understand! I think I have gained 3 lbs this winter.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #2006
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
I know what you mean about the sizes in Kohls. Last year I tried on so many pairs of jeans, I wanted to cry. The sizes were so different, I had to bring in a range from 0-3. I am not a size 0. I should not fit into them. Some were tight and some fit, but not properly. Some 3's were cut way too big in the waist for a size 3. After about 15 pairs of jeans, I gave up.

I was not too pleased with Target's pants either. I was so exiced to finally find a store that carries size 2. Many stores start at size 4 which is usually too big. I brought all the size 2's in the dressing room that I could find. Not one fit. They were all too big b/c what they were calling a 2 is actually cut like a size 4. Again, I left a store without a single pair of pants to fit me. Why do I bother shopping? I have gained few pounds. Maybe I should try again.
Oh my goodness. I almost want to say I wish I had the problem you do, but I understand how frustrating it is. Let's just say I'm not a size 2. I have a girlfriend who has lost a lot of weight recently, and she's actually found that some junior sizing works for her, if you can believe that.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2007
SadieDog
Hell's Kitchen time

Quote:
Oh my goodness. I almost want to say I wish I had the problem you do, but I understand how frustrating it is. Let's just say I'm not a size 2. I have a girlfriend who has lost a lot of weight recently, and she's actually found that some junior sizing works for her, if you can believe that.
I'm not really a size 2 either. Pants are just cut bigger than they used to be. Yes, most women's clothes are too big and I have to look in the junior dept. I hate the thought of people thinking I'm trying to wear 'young people clothes' at my age though. I really just want something that fits my shape. Oh and just b/c I wear a smaller size, don't mistake that for looking good. I am not all fit and toned. I have stretch marks that show up well on my ghost white skin. My daughter thinks I should try some lotion that helps you look tan. She likes Jergens Natural Glow. It says on the bottle that it creates natural looking color. Hmmmm maybe it's worth a try. I wouldn't want to blind anyone with my glowing white skin.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #2008
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Oh yes, I understand! I think I have gained 3 lbs this winter.
I gained 5 last week alone with my visit to WDW. I really need to get back on my Weight Watchers.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #2009
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

I feel like I did that yesterday at Easter lunch... instead of the usual ham, my uncle fried EVERYTHING he could get his hands on.

He even made an attempt at his own corn dogs. When he ran out of batter, he just fried the dogs.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #2010
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I feel like I did that yesterday at Easter lunch... instead of the usual ham, my uncle fried EVERYTHING he could get his hands on.

He even made an attempt at his own corn dogs. When he ran out of batter, he just fried the dogs.
And well why not?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: