Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #1501
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,439

Well....should you ever check the Dis at that time, I might be doing the night shift then.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #1502
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 86,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Well....should you ever check the Dis at that time, I might be doing the night shift then.
....well, after all, you ARE up-side down...
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #1503
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!
 
daisyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Well....should you ever check the Dis at that time, I might be doing the night shift then.
Oh.. and you know me... I'm usually a middle of the night Disser too....

Who else is flippin freezing? I was crazing ice cream.... but it's 14 degrees...

So.... my 5 year old decided to sneak a can of Pepsi into daycare with him today... Can you imagine.... I have to check his pockets before I drop him off... See.. (although I love his preschool... for the most part)... ( I also cannot wait for him to get out of there).... We've been there way too long... and when my oldest was a baby, it was great, and not so many darn rules... They used to have parties for birthdays, and holidays... now, they have more rules about what they can't do, and what they are not aloowed to have that it's just no fun anymore)... For example... Valentines day is now.. "friendship day" and they can send in cards, but they can't even attach a lolly pop or anything... they used to have parties, and parents brought all kinds of stuff in.. for birthdays, they are not allowed to have chocolate cupcakes.. or icing.. just a vanilla cupcake.. ( and it can only be a certain brand)... OH.. and now.. did you know that the boys aren't allowed to bring in any kind of "SUPER HERO".... no Superman, no Bat Man.. no BUZZ LIGHT YEAR.... they say it is a bad influence on the boys... UM.... when was the last time it was bad to look up to a super hero??? (I get that maybe they might get a little hyper if they think they are super strong.. or whatever..)... BUT... they don't have a problem with the girls dressing up as princesses.... talk about discrimination... In my opinion.. I think it gives the girls a false sense of reality.. it they think life is happily ever after and prince charming... OH well.. ok.. sorry.. enough of my venting...

Sorry..... didn't mean to go there... In any event... I know he's not supposed to bring soda to daycare... but it's kinda funny... I'll have to make sure he doesn't do that again..
__________________
ME DH DD (16) DD (15) DS (10) DS (6) & &


No DISNEYticker at the moment



daisyyy is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #1504
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!
 
daisyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....well, after all, you ARE up-side down...
__________________
ME DH DD (16) DD (15) DS (10) DS (6) & &


No DISNEYticker at the moment



daisyyy is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #1505
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,560

Because I needed yet another thing to deal with in my life.....

Heard from DH at work this morning. FIL woke up feeling pressure in his chest. They were waiting to hear back from the Dr. as to whether he may need heart-valve surgery sooner than later (um, I'm thinkin' YEAH on that one...). I forget his exact diagnosis from last year, but basically they put him on some meds and told him what he could no longer eat, and wanted to see if they could get results this way first. Surgery was a "maybe" for down the road.

I'm quite sure MIL is a hot mess right about now. She's a worrier anyway. And of course DH is concerned.

So now I've got my mom, my dad, my son, money, and my FIL to be dealing with mentally/emotionally. Wow, 2013, thanks for starting off so flippin' fantastic!!!!
__________________
~
LegoMom3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #1506
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,560

AND... now my furnace won't run!!!

And it's 8* outside!....

And currently 57* INside!!.....



Fortunately I've got two electric space heaters. But honestly, I've gotta laugh. What else is there?!!
__________________
~
LegoMom3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1507
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....well, after all, you ARE up-side down...
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #1508
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,439

Keep us up to date with news of FiL and MiL. Hope that your FiL is okay.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
AND... now my furnace won't run!!!

And it's 8* outside!....

And currently 57* INside!!.....



Fortunately I've got two electric space heaters. But honestly, I've gotta laugh. What else is there?!!
It's going to be mid to high 90's here today.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #1509
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Oh.. and you know me... I'm usually a middle of the night Disser too....

Who else is flippin freezing? I was crazing ice cream.... but it's 14 degrees...

So.... my 5 year old decided to sneak a can of Pepsi into daycare with him today... Can you imagine.... I have to check his pockets before I drop him off... See.. (although I love his preschool... for the most part)... ( I also cannot wait for him to get out of there).... We've been there way too long... and when my oldest was a baby, it was great, and not so many darn rules... They used to have parties for birthdays, and holidays... now, they have more rules about what they can't do, and what they are not aloowed to have that it's just no fun anymore)... For example... Valentines day is now.. "friendship day" and they can send in cards, but they can't even attach a lolly pop or anything... they used to have parties, and parents brought all kinds of stuff in.. for birthdays, they are not allowed to have chocolate cupcakes.. or icing.. just a vanilla cupcake.. ( and it can only be a certain brand)... OH.. and now.. did you know that the boys aren't allowed to bring in any kind of "SUPER HERO".... no Superman, no Bat Man.. no BUZZ LIGHT YEAR.... they say it is a bad influence on the boys... UM.... when was the last time it was bad to look up to a super hero??? (I get that maybe they might get a little hyper if they think they are super strong.. or whatever..)... BUT... they don't have a problem with the girls dressing up as princesses.... talk about discrimination... In my opinion.. I think it gives the girls a false sense of reality.. it they think life is happily ever after and prince charming... OH well.. ok.. sorry.. enough of my venting...

Sorry..... didn't mean to go there... In any event... I know he's not supposed to bring soda to daycare... but it's kinda funny... I'll have to make sure he doesn't do that again..
That sounds kinda harsh for a daycare!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #1510
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

PrincessinOz, what time and day is it now where you are? Curious. I will you keep you in mind should I have any more restless nights.

Daisyyy...no superheros? Really? Isn't that a bit much?

LegoMom, OY! What can I say? It can only go up from here!

Kimmar...still love bacon?
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1511
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

So I got lucky and my post op appointment was moved up by a day. I went this morning and was able to convince my doctor that I clearly need physical therapy since I "should" (I really hate that word sometimes) be able to walk, and I currently can't bend my knee.

Lo and behold as I turned in my order for pt at the rehab center, they had a cancellation and I was able to be seen today! So my PT's name is Greg, and he is my new best friend. Because even though I "should" be able to do these things, Greg realizes that I can't. That I need his help. And gave me action plan to follow! I love Greg.

Did I mention how awesome Greg is?

Anyway, I now have exercises to do at home four times a day, and I'll see him again next week. Right now I plan to go once a week because logistically that's the easiest. So hopefully I will have vast improvements to report to you all and maybe I'll even be able to drive soon! Like that dude!

I'm really excited to have someone listen to what was wrong, validate my concerns, and provide me with a course of action.

What a difference a day makes.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #1512
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!
 
daisyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157

Wow.. LM.... that's alot of crap ... all at once.. but things can only get better.. keep positive...
__________________
ME DH DD (16) DD (15) DS (10) DS (6) & &


No DISNEYticker at the moment



daisyyy is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #1513
daisyyy
MOUSKETEERNow THAT sounds like a plan!.... send in the ferrets!
 
daisyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That sounds kinda harsh for a daycare!
Yeah.. I know.. tell me about it... it never used to be like that.. but you get a lot of this over protective politically correct people involved and that's what you get... He eats all kinds of stuff that I don't cook at home.. not that I don't feed him healthy stuff... (you know Pizza and all... afterall, I am the Bubba Gump of pizza)... but seriously.. I don't feed him soy this, and tofu that... we are just regular old fashioned meat and potato type of family.. everything doesn't have to be ORGANIC... whatever. but.. really.. when I grew up, if a kid's mom didn't want their kid to eat chocolate cupcakes, then they sent in a substitute treat for them, or they just didn't eat it.. why make the rest of the class suffer because one kid.... (I understand if it's an allergy... and it could potentially be dangerous for a kid.. but that's not the case with this.. it's just their rules.... and I think the super hero thing is ridiculous.... I've told them that over and over again... so I have a few more months of day care and then kindergarten...
So.. i still think it's pretty funny he snuck in a can of pepsi.. like it was a federal crime.... he snuck in chocolate candy after Easter last year...
__________________
ME DH DD (16) DD (15) DS (10) DS (6) & &


No DISNEYticker at the moment



daisyyy is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1514
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
...
It's going to be mid to high 90's here today.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
So I got lucky and my post op appointment was moved up by a day. I went this morning and was able to convince my doctor that I clearly need physical therapy since I "should" (I really hate that word sometimes) be able to walk, and I currently can't bend my knee.

Lo and behold as I turned in my order for pt at the rehab center, they had a cancellation and I was able to be seen today! So my PT's name is Greg, and he is my new best friend. Because even though I "should" be able to do these things, Greg realizes that I can't. That I need his help. And gave me action plan to follow! I love Greg.

Did I mention how awesome Greg is?

Anyway, I now have exercises to do at home four times a day, and I'll see him again next week. Right now I plan to go once a week because logistically that's the easiest. So hopefully I will have vast improvements to report to you all and maybe I'll even be able to drive soon! Like that dude!

I'm really excited to have someone listen to what was wrong, validate my concerns, and provide me with a course of action.

What a difference a day makes.
So in addition to being awesome, is he eye candy??!.....
Cuz, y'know, that never hurts.




Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Wow.. LM.... that's alot of crap ... all at once.. but things can only get better.. keep positive...
It is a lot of crap. I've had quite enough now, thank you!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Yeah.. I know.. tell me about it... it never used to be like that.. but you get a lot of this over protective politically correct people involved and that's what you get... He eats all kinds of stuff that I don't cook at home.. not that I don't feed him healthy stuff... (you know Pizza and all... afterall, I am the Bubba Gump of pizza)... but seriously.. I don't feed him soy this, and tofu that... we are just regular old fashioned meat and potato type of family.. everything doesn't have to be ORGANIC... whatever. but.. really.. when I grew up, if a kid's mom didn't want their kid to eat chocolate cupcakes, then they sent in a substitute treat for them, or they just didn't eat it.. why make the rest of the class suffer because one kid.... (I understand if it's an allergy... and it could potentially be dangerous for a kid.. but that's not the case with this.. it's just their rules.... and I think the super hero thing is ridiculous.... I've told them that over and over again... so I have a few more months of day care and then kindergarten...
So.. i still think it's pretty funny he snuck in a can of pepsi.. like it was a federal crime.... he snuck in chocolate candy after Easter last year...


OMG that is a RIOT!!!!! Maybe it's all the stress but that struck me as SO funny! Oh my word.....thanks for the laugh!
__________________
~
LegoMom3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #1515
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
PrincessinOz, what time and day is it now where you are? Curious. I will you keep you in mind should I have any more restless nights.
With this post, the day is Thursday 24 Jan, at about 10.45 am.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
So I got lucky and my post op appointment was moved up by a day. I went this morning and was able to convince my doctor that I clearly need physical therapy since I "should" (I really hate that word sometimes) be able to walk, and I currently can't bend my knee.

Lo and behold as I turned in my order for pt at the rehab center, they had a cancellation and I was able to be seen today! So my PT's name is Greg, and he is my new best friend. Because even though I "should" be able to do these things, Greg realizes that I can't. That I need his help. And gave me action plan to follow! I love Greg.

Did I mention how awesome Greg is?

Anyway, I now have exercises to do at home four times a day, and I'll see him again next week. Right now I plan to go once a week because logistically that's the easiest. So hopefully I will have vast improvements to report to you all and maybe I'll even be able to drive soon! Like that dude!

I'm really excited to have someone listen to what was wrong, validate my concerns, and provide me with a course of action.

What a difference a day makes.
Sounds like you have a great PT!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: