Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #61
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...
 
lovingthemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: western MA
Posts: 4,428

DianaPOW - can you verify the VISA coupon? Another poster asked me that very question, and I am coming back to you to ask where this coupon comes from. Thanks very much.

Did a search and found the answer:

25% off and a free day
NF1073JFF

Enter coupon code during checkout to get 25% off and a free day at National Car Rental.

Use at National Car Rental.

I found it on a site called Coupon Mountain - A Shopper's First Resort
__________________
__________________

Last edited by lovingthemouse; 01-15-2013 at 06:54 AM.
lovingthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #62
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005
 
Canadian Disney Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 994

I have got my Mininan rental down to $458 using the KLM & Visa codes at nationa. Dates are March 2-13.
__________________
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BCV,BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #63
htoddrmt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
DianaPOW - can you verify the VISA coupon? Another poster asked me that very question, and I am coming back to you to ask where this coupon comes from. Thanks very much.

Did a search and found the answer:

25% off and a free day
NF1073JFF

Enter coupon code during checkout to get 25% off and a free day at National Car Rental.

Use at National Car Rental.

I found it on a site called Coupon Mountain - A Shopper's First Resort
__________________
Thanks! I will try this but right now has anyone looked at the rates for the last two days for Feb24-march 13 OMG it is over 1000$ haha
htoddrmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #64
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran
 
PatMcDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,879

Today it is way up, even with KLM code. My flight down changed, and my rental is $200 more...... ugh. I will have top really focus on this now.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #65
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran
 
PatMcDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,879

Budget seems to be the best deal right now..... oddly the minivans and standard SUVs are 1/2 price of the mid-SUVs.

I will make this one for now, and keep watching. $299 6 days, standard SUV. ($225 plus tax) Same price for minivans.

BCD X474200
coupon code MUWZ003
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #66
Pembo
OH-IO
 
Pembo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,459

Due to an Airtran flight time change, we are leaving a day earlier. I changed my budget reservation by 18 hours for a $50 increase. Sure hope I can find something better in the next 60 days.
__________________
Pembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #67
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran
 
PatMcDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembo View Post
Due to an Airtran flight time change, we are leaving a day earlier. I changed my budget reservation by 18 hours for a $50 increase. Sure hope I can find something better in the next 60 days.

My flight time changed by only 2 1/2 hours, and it went up over $200 at both Enterprise and National. And the change did not "add another day", just a different time, same # days (6). Of course, I know they DO this, you change one thing on a car reservation, and they recalculate the whole thing at the current days rate. I will try calling the 2 low reservations I have, Enterprise and National, and see if they will override that. If not, I will cancel both, and use Budget. AND, I will watch for a lower deal, even trying Priceline closer to my trip dates.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #68
kkendle
Mouseketeer
 
kkendle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Budget seems to be the best deal right now..... oddly the minivans and standard SUVs are 1/2 price of the mid-SUVs.

I will make this one for now, and keep watching. $299 6 days, standard SUV. ($225 plus tax) Same price for minivans.

BCD X474200
coupon code MUWZ003
Is this Budget code for anyone eo use? I am always afraid that they will ask if I have an ID or coupon or something that goes along with the codes.

I have never rented from Budget...do you have to pay upfront and can you cancel and rebook if the price goes down? I frequently do this with Thrifty.

thanks!
kkendle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #69
Pembo
OH-IO
 
Pembo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
My flight time changed by only 2 1/2 hours, and it went up over $200 at both Enterprise and National. And the change did not "add another day", just a different time, same # days (6). Of course, I know they DO this, you change one thing on a car reservation, and they recalculate the whole thing at the current days rate. I will try calling the 2 low reservations I have, Enterprise and National, and see if they will override that. If not, I will cancel both, and use Budget. AND, I will watch for a lower deal, even trying Priceline closer to my trip dates.
$200 for 2.5 hours? That's crazy. Car rentals drive me crazy the way the prices change ALL the time. Here's to hoping that us March travellers can score some fantastic deals...
__________________
Pembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #70
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
My flight time changed by only 2 1/2 hours, and it went up over $200 at both Enterprise and National. And the change did not "add another day", just a different time, same # days (6). Of course, I know they DO this, you change one thing on a car reservation, and they recalculate the whole thing at the current days rate. I will try calling the 2 low reservations I have, Enterprise and National, and see if they will override that. If not, I will cancel both, and use Budget. AND, I will watch for a lower deal, even trying Priceline closer to my trip dates.
I would make sure your flight number is in the reservation and just show up for your car when you get there. No reason to monkey around with pick up times every time the airline jacks you around.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #71
DianaPrincessofWales
DIS Veteran
 
DianaPrincessofWales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 1,247

I'm not sure if it's my dates, but I haven't found anything lower yet. Will keep looking.

The visa coupon I quoted was from a flyer I receive from US Bank Visa with various travel promotions and the one from National Car Rental has always been offered. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it at check out.
DianaPrincessofWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #72
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!
 
a1tinkfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,933

Unhappy

my first experience with Enterprise rental out of fll. I had a reservation, walked up to the counter, two reps and no KIOSKS were working, both covered and BROKE. One rep only took their Business accounts, so waited about 15 minutes, then breezed thru the counter.
Went to the lot, went thru 4 vehicles, the first had a CHECK engine light, I refused itand the guy agreed, the next one appeared okay, while we sat there getting ourselves situated and setting up our gps, a SERVICE light goes on . Again told them..I refused to take the car. We waited again! Then got a car that had a "oil change needed" light on, I was beyond annoyed. They said not to worry that the mainten. sticker said there was still many miles left before it actually needed to be changed. My patience was wearing very thin. There was no way I was taking the vehicle since I already saw two others that they allegedly did not maintain. I complained to a female at the podium. She was soft spoken and just said not to worry theyd get a vehicle for us....no apology, no care at all....they did get us another vehicle and we literally left over 1 HOUR (you are stamped in and out) from arrival at their lot. Especially annoyed since our plane actually landed Early (a first).
I was told theyd take 10% off and was also told that I did not not need to fill up the gas upon return.
When I did return they forgot to take off the discount AND could not find anything that mentioned the gas. I made the rep write BOTH those things on my copy (thank goodness) and whipped it out. They then said they found it and they adjusted my bill ..was handed a paper receipt (tho I have not even see it hit my cc yet, two days later??)
When it does, ill re-check it and then write a pleasant but informative note to mgmnt just to let them know our experience.
We ended up with no car issues (thankfully) while we had it... and that was a good thing.
so my experience overall is low/FAIR at best. Not the way to start a vacation. Just say'n....
__________________
Where Dreams Come True
a1tinkfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #73
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 426

I just used the KLM code at National (8572130 ) for my trip to Fort Myers Airport, 3/16-3/23. I was able to get a mini-van for $265 including all fees and taxes. I also used the coupon code from mousesavers for $30 a weekly rental (ND9334SND) - it worked even though it is supposed to expire 2/9/13.
__________________
12/1986 - camped offsite
12/2002 - Marriott's Cyprus Harbour
5/2004 - Marriott's Grande Vista
2/2005 - offsite
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
3/2010 - offsite
11/2010 - Universal Royal Pacific Resort
11/2013 - Bay Lake Tower, Disney Dream
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #74
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran
 
PatMcDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembo View Post
$200 for 2.5 hours? That's crazy. Car rentals drive me crazy the way the prices change ALL the time. Here's to hoping that us March travellers can score some fantastic deals...

Well, it is not really $200 for 2 1/2 hours. Once you change something on a car reservation online, it usually recalculates the car rental at the current rate. So if the rates are up, you can get hit with a big increase.

The GOOD NEWS is that when I called National, they said no problem! They would make the change for no additional cost...... I think THEY (National) were able to do that, but when I tried to do it myself online, I got the recalculated price.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #75
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Well, it is not really $200 for 2 1/2 hours. Once you change something on a car reservation online, it usually recalculates the car rental at the current rate. So if the rates are up, you can get hit with a big increase.

The GOOD NEWS is that when I called National, they said no problem! They would make the change for no additional cost...... I think THEY (National) were able to do that, but when I tried to do it myself online, I got the recalculated price.
That's a great tip! I changed my flight to an earlier one on 3/1 & my Dollar rental I had for 3/1 picking up at 2:00 & dropping off at 12:00 on 3/5 went from $91.98 to $223.64! I think I'll call them & see if they can adjust the time without my rate going nuts. Otherwise I made a back-up reservation with National for $186, but I have to pick it up at Dolphin & drop off at MCO. I'd really prefer to pick up at MCO & not deal with ME.
__________________
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: