DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #46
E ticket rider
Ferb's Best Friend

I don't get the whole "Walt's rolling in his grave" bit. I can't remember ever seeing anyone stumbling through Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom that was clearly under the influence. What's the big deal here? It's one sit-down restaurant serving beer & wine. Could they expand it to other sit-down restaurants at the Magic Kingdom? Possibly. But as Disney prices, who's really going to drink enough to get drunk? I just don't see this as that big of a deal...

"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability" - Remy
E ticket rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #47
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E ticket rider View Post
I don't get the whole "Walt's rolling in his grave" bit. I can't remember ever seeing anyone stumbling through Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom that was clearly under the influence. What's the big deal here? It's one sit-down restaurant serving beer & wine. Could they expand it to other sit-down restaurants at the Magic Kingdom? Possibly. But as Disney prices, who's really going to drink enough to get drunk? I just don't see this as that big of a deal...
Totally agree, very well said.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #48
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

I think it is nuts everyone is making a big deal outta it. I drink wine, and my DH drinks, more than his fair share of beer.

I went a # of times and never noticed there wasn't wine/beer on the menu. And I have gone to France for wine, and Margaritas in DTD. However I wouldn't leave the MK to go over to Epcot to get a beer/wine. (certainly the minority of people would not go.)

At Disney prices, ZERO people will go there to purposely get intoxicated.

VERY few will get intoxicates unintentionally. (Just drinking more than they should have.)

Most people will go and have 1-2 drinks.. or get soda or water which they still can, and it won't matter.
Also IMO Zero people are going to give up and not go to DW again cause 1 (or possibly eventually more than 1) serve wine/beer.... It just isn't the point of DW.

And those the quote Walt... there are thousands of things he might roll over in his grave for.. this is much lower on the list than say the innovation of the bus system , or the not putting up of lights on the Epcot walk way cause of cost, or ___fill___in___blank__here____.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #49
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

I don't get the incriminating label some people put on alcohol. How do you go from putting beer and wine on the menu of a restaurant to the Sodom and Gomorrah visions I have read over on the restaurant board?

It sounds like a smart business decision, and I'm sure it will many patrons happy.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #50
bakenatj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You must have never been to F&W on a weekend then. I have seen drunks there every time we are in Epcot during the F&W.

1985 DL, 1989 DL, 2001 DL, 2003 WDW, 2004 DL, 2005 WDW, 2006 WDW, 2008 CSR, 2009 AKV-K, 2010 BLT, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 Aulani, 2013 DL, 2013 SSR, 2013 VGF.
bakenatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #51
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakenatj View Post
You must have never been to F&W on a weekend then. I have seen drunks there every time we are in Epcot during the F&W.
LOL. Didn't a drunk frat guy try to scale the pyramid in Mexico last year???

Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to agree here as well. I will have a drink or two while sitting on my balcony in a villa, but I would be too cheap to purchase many drinks at MK. I'd rather spend my money on dessert in France at Epcot.

Stephen
Old 09-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #53
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

I think removing Mr. Toad from the MK was a big deal (and a bad decision). Allowing wine to be served in a restaurant makes perfect sense.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #54
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree. And besides, they're not letting the drinks leave the restaurant as in "to go", so people aren't going to be walking around with a glass of beer in their hands like at ballparks or stadium concerts. I've been to the Food and & Wine festival twice and have never seen an obvious "drunk". I really think this will all just fade away and nobody will even notice a difference!

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #55
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Almost got in a fight one time at Epcot with a drunk guy. So, if it's available it will happen some time that someone drinks too much.

As for me, I've never had the urge to drink at the MK, so I don't care.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #57
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakenatj View Post
I don't envision Disney bringing the Food & Wine Fest to the Magic Kingdom.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #58
burnsoc
Do you have your exit buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
Walt died.
Well said.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #59
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
As for me, I've never had the urge to drink at the MK, so I don't care.
Well, speaking for myself and many casual comsumers of alcohol, it's not an urge to drink at MK but rather the enjoyment of having a lovely glass of white or red wine to compliment what I hope to be a scrumptious new French inspired menu! This upscale menu for an MK restaurant may work out if there are enough people who wish to eat there. Personally I"m for it and I hope it does well, one shouldn't always have to leave MK to get a better meal! It's been a long time in coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
I don't envision Disney bringing the Food & Wine Fest to the Magic Kingdom.
Agreed! BOG I sincerely doubt will be giving to go cups!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #60
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
Walt died.

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: