Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

This is terrible.

I'm very upset about this.

This is really effecting me more than it should, but now I'm kinda mad.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #32
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry but I really don't get why you have to resort to name calling and don't tell me what to d when it comes to the MK. If you don't want to see Someone having a glass of wine in a restaurant in the MK maybe you are the one that needs to stay home.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 09-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #33
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I'm sorry but I really don't get why you have to resort to name calling and don't tell me what to d when it comes to the MK. If you don't want to see Someone having a glass of wine in a restaurant in the MK maybe you are the one that needs to stay home.
Alcohol has no business in the MK so stay home ... And watch your comments!

DR NYKCB (Ken)
kcb1dizbksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #34
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb1dizbksfan View Post

DR NYKCB (Ken)
Wow! you are entitled to your opinion, such as you wish they wouldn't serve alcohol in MK, but you are way out of line in 'blasting' someone who is okay with it being served.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #35
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Wow! you are entitled to your opinion, such as you wish they wouldn't serve alcohol in MK, but you are way out of line in 'blasting' someone who is okay with it being served.
I don't like someone stating to that I should just not go to WDW ... That's out of line!

DR NYKCB (Ken)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #36
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

I don't care about the alcohol as long as it's not being served from carts throughout the park. And I don't think this is at all the slippery slope that some people think it is going to be. That sounds like the argument of some people who live in dry counties: "Everyone will become an alcoholic and our towns will no longer be safe if we allow wine and beer to be sold in the grocery store."

Most people who drink in the parks (or anywhere else for that matter) do not get drunk. It's just that drunk people tend to be louder, so those are the ones you notice.

BUT what I do wish is that they'd make this trade-off: Allow the alcohol, but make it so that people who scream at their spouse or children aren't allowed into the park.

OR wouldn't is make more sense to allow the alcohol but ban cigarettes, since Walt died of lung cancer?

This too shall pass. Like Mary Jo said, it will be a trivia question a few years down the road.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #37
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DR NYKCB (Ken)
I am i'm not the one who is calling people names.

Quote:
I don't like someone stating to that I should just not go to WDW ... That's out of line!

DR NYKCB (Ken)
So your allowed to tell someone else that they should stay home just because they have different views then you?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #38
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=EastYorkDisneyFan;46152589]I am i'm not the one who is calling people names.

So your allowed to tell someone else that they should stay home just because they have different views then you?[/

Lets stay on point here ... It's my opinion that serving alcohol in the MK is a trial balloon to guage whether or not the public has an issue with serving alcohol. This may lead to other restaurants and other venues serving alcohol.

DR NYKCB (Ken)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #39
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lets stay on point here ... It's my opinion that serving alcohol in the MK is a trial balloon to guage whether or not the public has an issue with serving alcohol. This may lead to other restaurants and other venues serving alcohol.

DR NYKCB (Ken)
I get that you are allowed to have your opinion and I'm allowed to have mine bu at the end of the day it's the opinion of the Disney executives who will be putting the policy into place that maters.

What I objected to was you calling me a liberal and telling me to not go to WDW because I am OK with them serving Beer and Wine in a restaurant in the MK. As far as others go I don'at see why it would be a problem. Now if they start selling it in carts that's different.

- Walt Disney
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #40
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I get that you are allowed to have your opinion and I'm allowed to have mine bu at the end of the day it's the opinion of the Disney executives who will be putting the policy into place that maters.

What I objected to was you calling me a liberal and telling me to not go to WDW because I am OK with them serving Beer and Wine in a restaurant in the MK. As far as others go I don'at see why it would be a problem. Now if they start selling it in carts that's different.
What I object is your first statement about recommending that I just don't go to WDW.

Now ... We have both expressed our views on serving alcohol at the MK ... We will have to agree to diagree on this point.

I would like to hear from others and their opinions!

DR NYKCB (Ken)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #41
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

totally against it like you said if want to drink go to Epcot
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #42
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb1dizbksfan

What I object is your first statement about recommending that I just don't go to WDW.

Now ... We have both expressed our views on serving alcohol at the MK ... We will have to agree to diagree on this point.

I would like to hear from others and their opinions!

DR NYKCB (Ken)
I'm sorry I said that, your right that was wrong of me to say that.

- Walt Disney
Old 09-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #43
SamSam

DIS Veteran

I've always loved the Podcast forum because it's been one of the least judgemental forums...Please let's keep it that way. We all have different opinions, can we just be respectful of other opinions?

I understand that some people are upset with any alcohol being served in MK, but there are others (myself included) who are okay with a glass of wine with dinner. We should all be able to state our opinions without being called out.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #44
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
I've always loved the Podcast forum because it's been one of the least judgemental forums...Please let's keep it that way. We all have different opinions, can we just be respectful of other opinions?

I understand that some people are upset with any alcohol being served in MK, but there are others (myself included) who are okay with a glass of wine with dinner. We should all be able to state our opinions without being called out.
Agreed

- Walt Disney
Old 09-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
connie1042
DIS Veteran

I am very sad they are going to serve alcohol in MK. I to have been to Epcot and seen a lot of drunk people. I do not think they will allow any one to sit there and just drink, but still, why do people think alcohol has to be everywhere. I wonder if Disney did a poll on this,before the decision was made. This is not going to stop anyone from going to Disney, but this does brother me a lot. I did not see a comment from John, Kevin, Corey and the rest of the gang. What do you all think?
connie1042 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: