Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

I loved the ride and thought it was much better than Mater's. We rode it 5 times in 4 days in August. When we first heard about it from an Imagineer at the D23 Expo in 2009, we were assured that there was new technology to make this work much better now than it did in the 1960s.

On the ride, there did seem to be some people who never "got" it and others who were more focused on taking photos than controlling their vehicles, but most seemed to be doing just fine.

For those who haven't yet been, give it a try! -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Well, you are obviously disappointed in the ride so there is no point in trying to change your mind. I respect that. But I don't agree it is a worthless ride. It is new and there are long lines now. But when the next new thing comes along, the lines will shorten so it won't be as hard to ride it multiple times.

We had it down by the end of the first ride, but we paid really close attention to the signs and the CM that explained it. If people don't do that, then it can take longer to learn it (if they even try to). But as you said, the long line and not getting it down the first time will discourage people from trying it again.

This ride is somewhat unique in that it requires the rider to participate instead of just sit there. Some will like that, some won't. Some people like rides that spin, some don't. But I would not call the teacups a worthless ride just because I don't enjoy it.
I agree with you. When we went on the ride we had so much fun, and everyone around us was smiling, too.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

I thought the ride was lots of fun!! There were 3 of us and the line wasn't very long so we each got our own tire. We zipped around pretty well! I didn't think it took very long to figure out. I was also a gigantic fan of the original, though!

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #19
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I also enjoyed it..it's a slow loader for sure, but maybe with the beach balls gone loading will speed up.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I think the ride is just ok although we rode it the first week when they still had the balls and it hindered getting around. For me I would probably go on it if the lines weren't so long but it just isn't worth the wait to me.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #21
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I think the ride is just ok although we rode it the first week when they still had the balls and it hindered getting around. For me I would probably go on it if the lines weren't so long but it just isn't worth the wait to me.
Same here .... just waiting for the shorter lines to try it again without the Beach Balls ... with RSR just steps away from Luigi's we always choose RSR first.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
MrsMears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
But they dont go very fast. They are slow. There is no point to this ride.
I think the correct phrase is, 'there is no point for ME on this ride'.

Premium AP holders!
DLR visits
UPcoming:

2014: Beginning of March, 4 days
Past Disneyland visits:
2013: 6 days
2012: 48 Days
1988: Grad Night
1986: May
1973-1980: Monthly+
Past WDW visits:
July - August 1977
MrsMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977475

HERE IS A THREAD I POSTED EARLIER!!! DISNEY IS LOOKING TO MAKE SOME CHANGES.

Disney changing Cars Land ride.
ANAHEIM – "Disney California Adventure visitors soon will fly faster on Luigi's Flying Tires. The Cars Land ride, in which visitors float on tire-shaped vehicles similar to bumper cars on an air-hockey table, is undergoing major changes just two months after it opened with the park's massive makeover.

Disney recently removed gigantic beach balls that visitors had tossed to one another as they floated along on the vehicles.

Over the next three weeks, crews will remove weight from the undercarriages of the vehicles, said Mary Niven, vice president of Disney California Adventure. This should increase the speed, although Disney has not disclosed what it will be.

Originally, the vehicles were to have a joystick, but it confused riders during testing. Still, the spin-control infrastructure remained below, weighing about 20 pounds, Niven said. The removal of that infrastructure is underway and should be done by September.

The ride is not being shut down.

About 90 percent of surveyed visitors have said they plan to return to Cars Land. But Luigi's has ranked as the least popular of the three Cars Land rides.
The beach balls were added to Luigi's shortly before it opened as a way to give the attraction a more festive look, as well as add fun for riders.

But the wait times lagged, often lasting an hour or more, usually because people slowed down to pick up balls as they were getting aboard. Also, there were some "minor incidents" when visitors were hit by beach balls, Niven said.
"We just thought it was going to be more fun," Niven said.

Disney fans and bloggers have offered mixed reactions to the balls' removal.
"They added color and bounce to the whole experience, and now it's just kind of dull," wrote Jenny Wanland of San Dimas.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix, editor of MousePlanet.com, an unofficial Disney fan site, nicknamed the ride "Luigi's Beach Ball Fight" and said some readers complained about rowdy guests using the balls like weapons.

"Without the beach balls (or something), this lame attraction will become a complete disappointment," wrote Jason Cram of Buena Park. "Our expectations for Disney are high. ... Hopefully, they can modify this ride in some way to make it exciting."

****We rode LFT just last night … as we exited the ride there was a CM standing there with a clip board asking everyone their thoughts on LFT! I think they are trying really hard to make this an AWESOME ride for all.

In the meantime, DH and I love it and will continue to ride it!!!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
tinkcollector
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

I could not wait for Luigi’s Flying Tires, as the Flying Saucer ride was my favorite as a kid. I am happy to say I am not disappointed. As your waiting to ride the tires there are instructions on how to get the most out of your ride. The most important thing is to center your weight and lean. I had no problem getting the performance from the tire that I expected. The details in the tire shop keep you so busy while in line. I love the attention to detail the imaginEARS put into the enTIRE experience.

I have had the extreme pleasure of dining at Club 33 x 8
Attended A Private Tour of Walt's Apt. 08/07/12
Candlelight Ceremony Second Row Center 2012
Walt Disney Studio Tour X 2 (2011 & 2012)
tinkcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
MrsMears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkcollector View Post
I could not wait for Luigi’s Flying Tires, as the Flying Saucer ride was my favorite as a kid. I am happy to say I am not disappointed. As your waiting to ride the tires there are instructions on how to get the most out of your ride. The most important thing is to center your weight and lean. I had no problem getting the performance from the tire that I expected. The details in the tire shop keep you so busy while in line. I love the attention to detail the imaginEARS put into the enTIRE experience.
You've made some wheely good points.

Premium AP holders!
DLR visits
UPcoming:

2014: Beginning of March, 4 days
Past Disneyland visits:
2013: 6 days
2012: 48 Days
1988: Grad Night
1986: May
1973-1980: Monthly+
Past WDW visits:
July - August 1977
MrsMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #26
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

"Without the beach balls (or something), this lame attraction will become a complete disappointment," wrote Jason Cram of Buena Park.

Well looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this ride is LAME. Obviously there have been so many complaints about this lame ride that they are trying to back track and figure out how to fix their failure. They have even posted a CM to ask people's opinions? Sounds like they realized they screwed up.....

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 5/2014
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

DH and I were not too impressed with Luigi's on our trip a couple weekends ago, but luckily we did it fairly early in the morning so we only waited a couple of ride cycles before getting on. If we had waited longer, I definitely would have felt it was a huge waste of time.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #28
infinity.and.beyond
Earning My Ears

I went on it the once, waited around 40-45 minutes for it and I must admit it wasn't great. I don't know if it was because we were three adults (LOL, or "big kids") but we didn't really move or do anything on it.
infinity.and.beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
T0rrent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
"Without the beach balls (or something), this lame attraction will become a complete disappointment," wrote Jason Cram of Buena Park.

Well looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this ride is LAME. Obviously there have been so many complaints about this lame ride that they are trying to back track and figure out how to fix their failure. They have even posted a CM to ask people's opinions? Sounds like they realized they screwed up.....
Or you know, they could be trying to get some feedback to make the ride better as has been stated. Just because you did not enjoy it does not mean the ride is awful. Plenty of people here just stated they enjoyed it, and plenty said it was meh. It's hit or miss.

If there was a ride to be classified as a disappointment from the start, it's RSR. My wife and I were there for opening weekend and never got a chance to ride due to it constantly breaking down and a lot more people were complaining about the horrible wait times due to the constant malfunctions versus how "boring" LFT is.
T0rrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #30
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0rrent View Post
Or you know, they could be trying to get some feedback to make the ride better as has been stated. Just because you did not enjoy it does not mean the ride is awful. Plenty of people here just stated they enjoyed it, and plenty said it was meh. It's hit or miss.

If there was a ride to be classified as a disappointment from the start, it's RSR. My wife and I were there for opening weekend and never got a chance to ride due to it constantly breaking down and a lot more people were complaining about the horrible wait times due to the constant malfunctions versus how "boring" LFT is.
Hey I'm more than willing to stand in a long long for a ride that is worth it like Radiator Springs Racers. Now, that is an awesome ride!

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 5/2014
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: