Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business
 
hipporina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 917

We just got back with our 7 month old and it was wonderful. He loved everything, especially the characters and music.

I absolutely agree with the recommendation to get a good carrier before you go. I wear our little one all the time, and my go to carrier at home is a ring sling for its ease and portability In the parks, however, I used my Beco Gemini because it is more comfortable for long carries and doesnt restrict my arm movement. He spent as much time in the Beco as in his stroller. There are many times when you can't use a stroller (in lines, in the future world pavilions, etc) and the carrier is invaluable! I never had to take him it of the carrier for a ride and it enabled him to nap whenever he wanted to.

We had 9 park days and I only used the baby care centers twice. Once in HS when I was afraid he wasn't nursing long enough and wanted him to have a calm place to eat and once in the MK when we were already on main street. Most of the time, it was just too inconvenient to stop what I was doing and trek across the park. The rest of the time I just nursed him wherever we were and changed him in a bathroom or his stroller as needed.
__________________
Kristy - Adoptive mom of Luke 18, Kathryn 16, Paul 15, Daniel 14, Joshua 14, Caleb 13, Juliana 12, and Josiah 12
Mom to Jude on 2/13/12 through embryo adoption!
Follow my blog on the everyday adventures of life with 9 kids! http://choosinglaughterandlove.com/about-me

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business
 
hipporina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 917

Forgot to add, the half gallons of milk at AoA were about $3 I believe and there is a fridge in the room. We got milk for our big kids for breakfast. Yes, it is way more than what you pay at the grocery store, but it wasn't horrible.
__________________
Kristy - Adoptive mom of Luke 18, Kathryn 16, Paul 15, Daniel 14, Joshua 14, Caleb 13, Juliana 12, and Josiah 12
Mom to Jude on 2/13/12 through embryo adoption!
Follow my blog on the everyday adventures of life with 9 kids! http://choosinglaughterandlove.com/about-me

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
5stljayhawks
Rock Chawk Jayhawk
 
5stljayhawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 637

make sure you diaper bag is well stocked. it costs if you forget something or run out while in the park. Also First Aid folks are great and helpfull, just keep an eye out for baby stations or look on a map ahead of time.

Sunscreen and good stroller. if you are bringing your own, you may want to tie some sort of string/ribbon/marker to identify when you come out of rides. Just will save you time as strollers do move spot when you aren't around.
__________________
[SIZE="1"First trip April of 77, Then 80's
5-91 – w/Finnish H.S. friend, 3-97 Swan Business
5/06 – FW 1st Family trip D 2.99 yrs, S 9 mths
2/07 - CSR Valentines with the Wife
10/08 – FW Halloween D 5, S 2.99yrs, D 9 mths
2/10 – CSR (Wife works and I Fish/Golf) 12/10 – FW Christmas D7.83,S5,D2.99.
10/12 - Halloween/MMNSSP Art of Anim & Poly DD9.51,DS6.96,DD4.79
3/14 Wife & Daughter work@ CSR 6/14 Family @ FW DD11,DS8.23DD6.45
Next trip - Unknown (:-( Hopefully soon, got the bug..!
[/SIZE]
5stljayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?
 
tpettie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipporina View Post
We just got back with our 7 month old and it was wonderful. He loved everything, especially the characters and music.

I absolutely agree with the recommendation to get a good carrier before you go. I wear our little one all the time, and my go to carrier at home is a ring sling for its ease and portability In the parks, however, I used my Beco Gemini because it is more comfortable for long carries and doesnt restrict my arm movement. He spent as much time in the Beco as in his stroller. There are many times when you can't use a stroller (in lines, in the future world pavilions, etc) and the carrier is invaluable! I never had to take him it of the carrier for a ride and it enabled him to nap whenever he wanted to.

We had 9 park days and I only used the baby care centers twice. Once in HS when I was afraid he wasn't nursing long enough and wanted him to have a calm place to eat and once in the MK when we were already on main street. Most of the time, it was just too inconvenient to stop what I was doing and trek across the park. The rest of the time I just nursed him wherever we were and changed him in a bathroom or his stroller as needed.
Thanks for that were going in 55 day with a group of 25 we will have 1 4month old 2 1year olds then they range from 6 -19yrs with 8 adults

I was thinking sling for the 1yr old would work best and a carrier for the infant. Mom is expressing so we will have to work out taking all that with us to the parks and giving her time to do that.
__________________



All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
Figee17
Mouseketeer
 
Figee17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 284

I brought my DS when he was 8 months, 13 months, and 20 months. He was great all three times and I had a blast looking at things from his perspective and at his pace (I was always a go, go, go Disney person before baby!) His FAVORITE thing was the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show at Fort Wilderness, smiled, laughed, and clapped along the whole time. He also loved teh "jumping water" near Imagination in EPCOT...jumping water, a water fountain, and the monorail all in one place, he was in heaven. I used the baby centers extensively, even buying baby food there on one occasion. Expensive, yes, but not outrageous and SO convenient if you run out/forget. We are planning our next trip for Feb. 2013 with DS who will be 2.8 then, my niece who will be 3 and my nephew who will be 1 (first trip for those two)- can't wait!! Oh yeah, plan for some pool time too if the weather cooperates - a definite favorite!
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #21
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal
 
NEVERENOUGHWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...
Posts: 26,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figee17 View Post
I brought my DS when he was 8 months, 13 months, and 20 months. He was great all three times and I had a blast looking at things from his perspective and at his pace (I was always a go, go, go Disney person before baby!) His FAVORITE thing was the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show at Fort Wilderness, smiled, laughed, and clapped along the whole time. He also loved teh "jumping water" near Imagination in EPCOT...jumping water, a water fountain, and the monorail all in one place, he was in heaven. I used the baby centers extensively, even buying baby food there on one occasion. Expensive, yes, but not outrageous and SO convenient if you run out/forget. We are planning our next trip for Feb. 2013 with DS who will be 2.8 then, my niece who will be 3 and my nephew who will be 1 (first trip for those two)- can't wait!! Oh yeah, plan for some pool time too if the weather cooperates - a definite favorite!

Hoop Dee Do is a great idea!!!! Need to start planning for that.
__________________
Miracles happen every day.


What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #22
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean
 
tink_n_pooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northwestern, NJ
Posts: 4,038

We took DD last month at 4 months old. Our Beco Butterfly II carrier was a Godsend! She spent a good deal of time in the stroller too but you can't take the stroller everywhere, she also rode through many rides in the carrier. The baby care centers are very nice. I really wish they would add another center to each park since the locations are not exactly convenient.

I didn't catch (or maybe just forgot) what time of the year you are going? Weather concerns bring up a whole different topic. Regardless of when you go, always be prepared for rain, including some way to cover the stroller so it is not soaked. You can jump in a show or ride to get out of the rain but your stroller will be sitting outside, sometimes under a cover and sometimes in the open.

Research, research, research. Knowing your options and what attractions, restaurants, sites, etc you want to experience saves a ton of time. On the other hand do not over plan. Traveling with a little one will throw a wrench into the plans at some point, staying on a schedule in WDW is not going to e easy. We did not make any ADR's that required deposits, and very few ADR's in general, because you never know when a cranky baby or unscheduled nap will take priority
__________________
Me (33)
DH (35)
DD (2)
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?
 
tpettie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh View Post
We took DD last month at 4 months old. Our Beco Butterfly II carrier was a Godsend! She spent a good deal of time in the stroller too but you can't take the stroller everywhere, she also rode through many rides in the carrier. The baby care centers are very nice. I really wish they would add another center to each park since the locations are not exactly convenient.

I didn't catch (or maybe just forgot) what time of the year you are going? Weather concerns bring up a whole different topic. Regardless of when you go, always be prepared for rain, including some way to cover the stroller so it is not soaked. You can jump in a show or ride to get out of the rain but your stroller will be sitting outside, sometimes under a cover and sometimes in the open.

Research, research, research. Knowing your options and what attractions, restaurants, sites, etc you want to experience saves a ton of time. On the other hand do not over plan. Traveling with a little one will throw a wrench into the plans at some point, staying on a schedule in WDW is not going to e easy. We did not make any ADR's that required deposits, and very few ADR's in general, because you never know when a cranky baby or unscheduled nap will take priority
We are going end of Nov 24 - Dec 9. We first went as a group in 2008 an DH and I got hooked we have been back each year after ....
I'm a comando planner with some flex in the plan Trying to figure out how to tour with newbies, babies, opening of FLE and the new fastpass enforcment is changing everything I know about touring...

It would be nice if there were baby care centres at either end of each park. But sure well manage with reg a bathrooms.
__________________



All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.