Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
skeeter31
Mouseketeer

Parking with Annual Passes question??

Hello,

We'll be traveling down to Clearwater 10/3-10/7 and will be making a day trip up to Disney. We are annual passholders, DVC members, and TIW cardholders. We are planning on eating at ESPN and then wandering around the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. Would we be able to park at Boardwalk?

This is my first trip where we're not staying on property with the parking pass in the window. Will they let us park at Boardwalk by showing ID and our annual passes? I'm thinking that because this is a quiet time there we shouldn't have too much of a problem.

What are your thoughts? THANK YOU!!

Me DW Bella
skeeter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Not at the resort, but in the overflow lot across the street. You can only park in the BW lot if you are staying there, and they are exceptionally stringent on this during F&W.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

Since you have TIW AND you are planning to eat at ESPN you can park valet at BW for free. Keep your meal receipt and show it to the valet when you return. The only cost will be the tip. This is one of the lesser used features of TIW, but we love it!

If you aren't positive about eating at a BW area restaurant, then I agree you will have to park across the street at BW or in the main EP lot.

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakFigment
Since you have TIW AND you are planning to eat at ESPN you can park valet at BW for free. Keep your meal receipt and show it to the valet when you return. The only cost will be the tip. This is one of the lesser used features of TIW, but we love it!

If you aren't positive about eating at a BW area restaurant, then I agree you will have to park across the street at BW or in the main EP lot.
That's a good point. However, there is a time limit on that free valet. I think it's 3 hours.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

You're going to eat at ESPN and then go to the Food & Wine Festival? If it were me, I'd skip ESPN and instead enjoy grazing at all of the food booths around World Showcase.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Parking at the resort, unless valet parking, is not intended for park access..unless you are staying at that resort. So, long story short?? You can't self park and then head to Epcot from BW. You can either valet park, or park behind the Hess Station. But, please don't park in the guest lot if you're going to be longer than a few hours.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
skeeter31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Parking at the resort, unless valet parking, is not intended for park access..unless you are staying at that resort. So, long story short?? You can't self park and then head to Epcot from BW. You can either valet park, or park behind the Hess Station. But, please don't park in the guest lot if you're going to be longer than a few hours.
Oh, I understand that. And I wouldn't be parking there if we weren't going to be eating at a Boardwalk restaurant. We've stayed at all 3 Epcot properties numerous times in the past and have gotten fed up with the parking situation before. I specifically asking about the parking for eating at Boardwalk and then just venturing into Epcot for a little while.

I think we'll play it safe and park in the overflow lot regardless.

Me DW Bella
skeeter31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: