Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
I am just trying to plan ahead for next year when she is almost two because part of me thinks that this trip is a breeze compared to what lies ahead!
I've taken my son at 14 months and 24 months and am about to leave next week with him at 32 months. I think contrary to your fear, it only gets better as they get older. It is sooooo much fun to see them enjoying the parks, and it's fun to explore and find out what they enjoy. As long as your expectations are low. For example, last trip my son found a bucket of crayons to be completely awesome. The live animal encounter happening not even 5 feet away, not so much.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

I have taken all three of my children as toddlers on up, I never regretted taking them as toddlers, I did, however, regret taking my 16 year old on our last trip in November 2011 So much so, that I am considering leaving her with her father (my ex) on our next trip!!!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

As long as you're willing to cater to your toddler the whole time I think it's fine. We've gone when DD was 2 multiple times and this year will be taking a 2 and 3 year old. We only plan meals we know they'll enjoy (or think they'll enjoy, lol). We're just flexible. We can up and leave the park as soon as they get grumpy and that's fine with us. The really magical moments outweigh any bad moments I've ever had when taking them.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Ask me on Dec. 17 when we're back from taking our twin 2 year olds!! We have a four year old too but generally speaking she is a breeze in comparison. Someone earlier posted a nice list of suggestions - it is pretty much exactly my plan. As much as I'd like to do restaurants that I would enjoy - Sanaa, Chefs, Le Cel, it's just not going this time. Panera for longer than it takes me to spread the cream cheese on their bagel is a struggle these days! More breakfasts in the room and less sit table meals overall.

I'm not going to lie - I'm a leeetle nervous. My littest ones are a challenge but I really want to take my 4 yo, so we're going to make it work! Lots of snacks, having a plan but being flex, etc.

Best wishes for your next trip!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Our youngest dd(4) took her first trip at 3 1/2 mos. Then we went back with her at 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2 and we are heading back next month for her 5th trip. She has been easy on each and every trip She is the 4th child so she is used to going with the flow with 3 older siblings. We let her sleep in the stroller or took a midday break and spent most of the day in the parks.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
jennellemaslak81
Hospcorp

I didn't regret it but it was difficult. We went in early December of 2011 and it was freezing!! He was 15 months at at the time and his sister was 2 1/2, it's manageable, even with two in diapers. I don't regret going we had a great time until the norwalk virus hit, poor guy spent the day in the hospital but I'm looking forward to going without diapers, bottles and undeveloped immune systems!
jennellemaslak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
msmama
DIS Veteran

I've taken my son at 10 months, 2 years and 4 years.

4 was, by far, the hardest so far. He can talk (and talk back) and demand and is much less go with the flow than when he was younger.

Don't get me wrong, we still had a GREAT time - a bad Disney vacation is still better than most other days - but it was definitely harder. With a 4 year old, when I got home I felt like I was going my old kid-free touring style, but saw maybe a quarter of the stuff.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Thanks again for the reassurances! It will definitely be fun to see her as she starts to understand and "get it". I think to better prepare ourselves, DH and I are going to take an adults only quickie trip in February and leave her with Grandma and Grandpa and then take our longer "big" vacation with her in the fall next year

To the PP with twins: There was a woman with triplets in the baby care center at MK this week who was changing her babies while DH and I struggled with one!!

To the PP with the 16 year old (sorry I had already started responding and realized I had forgotten to quote): I TOTALLY can relate to that! We took my DSS who was 16 or so at the time and you'd have thought we were killing him by having him at Disney
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
sturowski
Mouseketeer

We have gone every year since my first son was 7 months old.. He will be 6 next month, along with his 3 1/2 year old brother... We are leaving for our annual trip in 4 days!!!! I have not regretted any of it each year their little personalities come out and have been so great( I hope I am not jinxing myself!) as long as I go with their schedule , they are perfect! I do not mess much with their routines(sleep, time of meals, rest strong the day). I will let you know how it goes in a few days with a almost 6 and almost 4 year old
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #25
nat8199
Mouseketeer

I am glad to hear all the replies on this thread! We are planning on going in Oct 2013 when my twin boys will 2.5 and my DD will have just turned 4. We plan on making the trip all about them and making sure we stick to their early bed time no matter what. We are bringing our in-laws and a baby sitter so that we can go out to dinner after the kids go to bed at 6:00. Our sitter is trying to talk me into keeping the kids up for some of the fireworks, but there is absolutely NO CHANCE of that happening.
nat8199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: