Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #91
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
I agree with this. Overall the people in those countries don't WANT to live like we do- so why try to make them? Let them work their own crap out. BUT I don't think that will stop them from killing us. As someone else pointed out to them we are "infidels".

They hate us because we aren't like them- period.
I can understand the desire to paint with as broad of a brush as possible. The temptation to paint everything in just one stroke is super tempting, after all. Of course, then you have to deal with cleaning up all that mess.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #92
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklynails23 View Post
It's been pushed back. It was supposed to open in October but is now opening in December. Don't know when that decision was made. I wonder if the Bin Laden book riled people up a bit, though.

As for not sending money to the Middle East. The Saudi's are a major U.S. bond holder. As for being oil independent, what we pump on U.S. soil is often sent to Asian countries.
The decision to push it to Dec release was made at least a couple of months ago. Nothing to do with what happened 9/11.
The point of my post, because it seems to be lost, is that the film was a White House sanctioned film about the killing of OBL.
Like the Middle East isn't going to be upset about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acklander View Post
The point was, to get off the middle eastern tit. Can't do that if we continue the same old, same old. If you use the money that we send overseas towards creating renewable sources here, we won't have to go back to being at their mercy. Plus it would create plenty of jobs here. It's time we start taking care of our own and securing the future of our country with what we got here instead of relying on others.
This country is rich in oil, gas and coal. We should use it. Not shut it down for the Sierra Club.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #93
Acklander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
The decision to push it to Dec release was made at least a couple of months ago. Nothing to do with what happened 9/11.
The point of my post, because it seems to be lost, is that the film was a White House sanctioned film about the killing of OBL.
Like the Middle East isn't going to be upset about that.

This country is rich in oil, gas and coal. We should use it. Not shut it down for the Sierra Club.
We do use it-in record amounts. Don't understand why we export it though. This country is also rich in sunshine and wind
Old 09-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #94
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
The point was, to get off the middle eastern tit. Can't do that if we continue the same old, same old. If you use the money that we send overseas towards creating renewable sources here, we won't have to go back to being at their mercy. Plus it would create plenty of jobs here. It's time we start taking care of our own and securing the future of our country with what we got here instead of relying on others.
Yes. That's my point too. We need to develop our own oil, not give Brazil 1 billion to develop theirs. Or buy it from others. We need to be independent.

Quote:
We do use it-in record amounts. Don't understand why we export it though. This country is also rich in sunshine and wind
The thing is, sunshine and wind won't power vehicles. Our country would come to a standstill without oil.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #95
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As I watch Susan Rice, US ambassador to the UN, on a news show saying that absolutely it is the YouTube that has caused this unrest.
Unbelievable.
It's not just unbelievable, it's sickening. Our country was attacked in an act of war (a U.S. embassy is per international law sovereign territory) before the so-called "youtube" protest had even started. The attack was a military style, highly coordinated assault using rocket propelled grenades and machine guns by three different teams.

And the U.S. had been told three days earlier by Libyan authorities that there were indications of potential terrorist actions aimed at U.S. facilities in Libya on or around 9/11.

And that piece of blankety-blank Rice has the gall to call that pre-planned terrorist attack a "spontaneous" element of the youtube rioting?!?!??!

Let's just call this what it is -- blatant lying to provide cover for a certain person who is eventually going to be called out on why we ignored warnings.
CandyMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #96
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
Yes. That's my point too. We need to develop our own oil, not give Brazil 1 billion to develop theirs. Or buy it from others. We need to be independent.

The thing is, sunshine and wind won't power vehicles. Our country would come to a standstill without oil.
Annie is correct. Or to put it another way, the Chevy Volt....is a taxpayer-subsidized toy for wealthy Americans who don't drive very far.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88904J20120910

Last edited by CandyMandy; 09-17-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #97
Muushka

The story that they tried to spin is falling apart. Biting lip...shutting up......

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #98
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
Getting windmills up and running isn't as easy as it seems. They have been trying to get one off the coast of Cape Cod for a while and have run into lots of obstacles.

My town rented space on town property for a windmill and people are up in arms that it wrecks the view. Numerours articles have been written in the paper and people have complained to the selectmen. I don't think we will ever see another one even though we are on the coast.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00

Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #99
Muushka

The birds love the wind turbines:

The poor bird in the back got sliced in half.

The neighbors love them too:
Quote:
Symptoms include:

* Sleep disturbance
* Headache
* Ringing or buzzing in the ears
* Dizziness
* Vertigo
* Nausea
* Visual blurring
* Rapid heart rate
* Irritability
* Problems with concentration and memory
* Panic episodes associated with sensations of internal pulsation or
quivering, which arise while awake or asleep
They are helping the job situation:
Quote:
Does wind power create "green" jobs?

* On average 1 low-paid maintenance worker is employed for every 12-15 turbines.
* Turbines are manufactured overseas and assembled onsite by specialized firms.
Oh yes, lets build those windmills.

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #100
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyMandy View Post
It's not just unbelievable, it's sickening. Our country was attacked in an act of war (a U.S. embassy is per international law sovereign territory) before the so-called "youtube" protest had even started. The attack was a military style, highly coordinated assault using rocket propelled grenades and machine guns by three different teams.

And the U.S. had been told three days earlier by Libyan authorities that there were indications of potential terrorist actions aimed at U.S. facilities in Libya on or around 9/11.

And that piece of blankety-blank Rice has the gall to call that pre-planned terrorist attack a "spontaneous" element of the youtube rioting?!?!??!

Let's just call this what it is -- blatant lying to provide cover for a certain person who is eventually going to be called out on why we ignored warnings.
Source?

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #101
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2597 View Post
And....while we are at it we should immediately stop all $$$$$$$ going to these countries. I hope the US starts drilling drilling drilling and becomes independent from these countries, pull our money and troops....Let them work out their own problems. I know this sounds simplistic and will never happen....
See the thing that's weird is that there isn't a real reason to get involved in the middle east. Most of the US's oil comes from Canada. The second largest amount of oil comes from Mexico. The middle east has the most oil reserves which means if oil runs out elsewhere we have no other choice but to go to the middle east for oil but that is years and years away. What would happen if we took the money we spent on peacekeeping in other countries and put it into coming up with the next thing that will really work and could replace oil?
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #102
ScottOKW2K
Wishing I was working for a REAL Mickey Mouse operation !

Quote:
Which at this time are unfortunately not able to provide energy in the scale needed in a manner that would have a cost comparable to current power sources. Though it would be nice to have an alternative to gasoline that would provide the same ease of use, ability to refuel quickly, and available distance as a tank of fuel there is just not anything available to take it's place. Gasoline is still used because it is still one of the most effective ways to transport energy safely in the amount needed.
ScottOKW2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #103
ZachnElli
Is it Spring yet?
Bad weather or not, you need more than 4 boxes

Quote:
The birds love the wind turbines:

The poor bird in the back got sliced in half.

The neighbors love them too:

They are helping the job situation:

Oh yes, lets build those windmills.
I dont know where you got your info, but many of these windmills are made here in the USA and more specifically, in Columbus, Nebraska where the welders start at $50k a year and there is a major shortage of welders. www.katana-summit.com
ETA: $50k a year is a good living here in Nebraska.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #104
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
See the thing that's weird is that there isn't a real reason to get involved in the middle east. Most of the US's oil comes from Canada. The second largest amount of oil comes from Mexico. The middle east has the most oil reserves which means if oil runs out elsewhere we have no other choice but to go to the middle east for oil but that is years and years away. What would happen if we took the money we spent on peacekeeping in other countries and put it into coming up with the next thing that will really work and could replace oil?
I'm no expert, but I don't think thats how it works because of ties to OPEC

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #105
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
Source?
Here is a vidcap (from the story liked below) of Libyan terrorists inside the consulate compound during the coordinated attack. As you can see, one of them is carrying RPGs (rocket propelled grenades). This is not something some random disaffected young Muslim protestor has sitting in their garage and decides to "spontaneously" bring to the protest for kicks. It is a deadly, highly reliable military assault weapon that is a preferred tool of organized groups of militants/terrorists.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...late-in-libya/

If you want to see what an RPG can do, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZnBzfhSmUU

Bottom line: anyone who calls this assault a "protest" must have said the same thing about the 9/11 attacks.

According to our State Department:

"Ms Rice denied the Benghazi attack was pre-planned. She said: "Our current best assessment... is that... it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo. "A small number of people came to the consulate. It seems to have been hijacked by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons... And it then evolved from there."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...k-8145242.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: