Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #61
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

The movie is merely an excuse. They hate us and wish to destroy us- and they don't mind doing it one life at a time.

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #62
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

No. It happened on Sept.11th. It's their way of saying "You're still not safe". It has nothing to do with a youtube video.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #63
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

As I watch Susan Rice, US ambassador to the UN, on a news show saying that absolutely it is the YouTube that has caused this unrest.
Unbelievable.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #64
lizabu
DIS Veteran

The unrest already existed. The movie was an excuse to take action.

I thought this post was ironic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
The movie is merely an excuse. They hate us and wish to destroy us- and they don't mind doing it one life at a time.
The US sends the we hate you and want to destroy you message to the Middle East day after day for years and you are surprised they feel the same way about you?
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #65
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
The unrest already existed. The movie was an excuse to take action.

I thought this post was ironic...

The US sends the we hate you and want to destroy you message to the Middle East day after day for years and you are surprised they feel the same way about you?
While I agree with you the unrest already existed, I agree for a much different reason.

It is well documented that children of the extremists are indoctrinated in hatred for the U.S.. Our way of life is an abhorration to the extremists. We are considered infidels. Not to mention the jihad declared against us.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #66
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
While I agree with you the unrest already existed, I agree for a much different reason.

It is well documented that children of the extremists are indoctrinated in hatred for the U.S.. Our way of life is an abhorration to the extremists. We are considered infidels. Not to mention the jihad declared against us.
And you don't think Americans are indoctrinating their children against Middle Easterners and Muslims? Would an American ever teach his child that how people live in Middle Eastern coutries is a good way to live? Or would they teach their children there is something wrong with the way that they live and they should change and become more like Americans? Because the American way is the right way to live...correct? Anything different than the American way of life is backwards and outdated. Every child should have a coca-cola in his hand and pair of Nikes on his feet to not be considered a complete heathen or barbarian.Nothing has changed in the hundreds of years since our fore fathers came over here and Anglisized this country. Once we finished doing that we looked around and started to see all the work left to do. There are still plenty of countries not airing "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Whoever will we fight once everyone in the world is exactly like an American?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #67
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
It is well documented that children of the extremists are indoctrinated in hatred for the U.S.
The same could be said for American children against Middle Easterners.

Reading above, I see lizabu said it much better than I did.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #68
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
And you don't think Americans are indoctrinating their children against Middle Easterners and Muslims? Would an American ever teach his child that how people live in Middle Eastern coutries is a good way to live? Or would they teach their children there is something wrong with the way that they live and they should change and become more like Americans? Because the American way is the right way to live...correct? Anything different than the American way of life is backwards and outdated. Every child should have a coca-cola in his hand and pair of Nikes on his feet to not be considered a complete heathen or barbarian.Nothing has changed in the hundreds of years since our fore fathers came over here and Anglisized this country. Once we finished doing that we looked around and started to see all the work left to do. There are still plenty of countries not airing "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Whoever will we fight once everyone in the world is exactly like an American?
No. I don't think Americans are indoctrinating their kids against Middle Easterners or Muslims.

I think your post is quite revealing.

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #69
Acklander
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe if we minded our own business instead of telling other countries how to conduct their business there wouldn't be so much hate towards the US.
Maybe if we weren't the bullies of the world, they wouldn't feel so much resentment. Maybe if we got off the middle eastern tit, none of this would matter so much
Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #70
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acklander View Post
Maybe if we minded our own business instead of telling other countries how to conduct their business there wouldn't be so much hate towards the US.
Maybe if we weren't the bullies of the world, they wouldn't feel so much resentment. Maybe if we got off the middle eastern tit, none of this would matter so much
On this point: We can't do that when we are energy dependent with no plans to become independent.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
Acklander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On this point: We can't do that when we are energy dependent with no plans to become independent.
Bingo.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #72
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
x1000

You can't hate something you're not familiar with. If we didn't have a massive presence in the middle east (often, for entirely our own benefit) since the 1980's we wouldn't have these issues today.

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #73
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
No. I don't think Americans are indoctrinating their kids against Middle Easterners or Muslims.

And then some.............
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #74
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think what I am revealing is that I believe that just because someone is different it doesn't make them wrong. However different we all seem we are really all the same. When you see people rioting in other countries do you ever imagine it could be you? Do you ever think about what led up to the images shown on TV? Do you ever imagine how you would react if the same things were happening to you? Most of us have been very fortunate to live in a place where there is always a roof over your head, food in your stomach and shoes on your feet. I have travelled the world and seen many things and met many people so maybe that's why my perspective is a little different. I know what real poverty looks like and it's not food stamps and welfare.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #75
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acklander View Post
Maybe they should stop taking our money!
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: