Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
LillsnJills
Mouseketeer

Thanks for joining and the wishes, Jacksonev1, Nola Tink, Irish Sharon, JediJill and Happy2012!

As an aside, JediJill, Jills is jealous you got that name There have been other places where she's used it herself!

T-minus two days from departure, and the word for today is: SICK.

Yes, in true us fashion, Jills got sick in the days leading up to our vacation, and I'm fighting it. Seems there's a viral upper respiratory infection that's going around our area since school got back in session. Jills manages a bank branch, and if any of you have worked in a bank, you know that there are few places where illnesses spread faster. She's been sick since Friday and finally seems to be getting past the worst of it. I've been downing Airborne and vitamin C since it hit her, hoping beyond hope that it doesn't hit me nearly as hard as it did her. Good vibes for a quick recovery appreciated!

LillsnJills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillsnJills View Post
Thanks for joining and the wishes, Jacksonev1, Nola Tink, Irish Sharon, JediJill and Happy2012!

As an aside, JediJill, Jills is jealous you got that name There have been other places where she's used it herself!

T-minus two days from departure, and the word for today is: SICK.

Yes, in true us fashion, Jills got sick in the days leading up to our vacation, and I'm fighting it. Seems there's a viral upper respiratory infection that's going around our area since school got back in session. Jills manages a bank branch, and if any of you have worked in a bank, you know that there are few places where illnesses spread faster. She's been sick since Friday and finally seems to be getting past the worst of it. I've been downing Airborne and vitamin C since it hit her, hoping beyond hope that it doesn't hit me nearly as hard as it did her. Good vibes for a quick recovery appreciated!
I hope she feels better soon! No way to start a vacation.

I've used Jedijill for years now...although now I know who to blame when its already taken on a website.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Get better!!!
VbChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
LillsnJills
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow's departure day! Still not feeling great - Jills is feeling better, I'm still feeling meh Not like death, but not great. Hoping the magic of the MK will be the push I need to get back to 100%.

After tonight I probably won't be updating again until after we're home and ready to do the reviews themselves. One more ADR change to note: On our DTD day, we cancelled Fulton's and opted for Raglan Road instead. There are just too many negative or middle of the road reviews for me to want to chance blowing four TS credits on, when there are a lot of people saying it's like a glorified Red Lobster Plus there's a lot of comments about the service being slow, and we have tickets for La Nouba, so we don't want to risk dinner going too long.

Ok, off to check in for our flight and get to bed!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #20
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip! Hope you're both feeling better!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Hope you both feel better and have a safe flight!

Jill in CO
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

I am along for the dining review ride too.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
LillsnJills
Mouseketeer

Aaaaand we're back! Man, nine months of planning and waiting for the trip, then it comes and goes in the blink of an eye! We had a great time and ate lots of really amazing meals, a few adequate meals, and two sincerely horrid meals.

I work grave shift (with usually very little to do during it ) so I'll start writing the meal by meal reviews tonight and post them as I can. There were several last minute changes of plans with ADRs, so if anyone was along for reviews of places we dropped, I apologize in advance. Our ACTUAL dining line-up turned out to be as follows:

9/21: Arrival Day

Breakfast: - Boma

Lunch: Columbia Harbor House

Dinner:- Boma

9/22: At Epcot

Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons

Lunch: Electric Umbrella

Dinner: Jiko

9/23: At Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: Mara

Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ

Dinner: Citricos

9/24: At Magic Kingdom ALLLLLL DAAAAY

Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern

Dinner: Mara

9/25: At Epcot

Lunch: Biergarten

Dinner: Le Cellier

9/26: Epcot

Breakfast: Leftover desserts in our room

Lunch: Les Chefs de France

Dinner: Sunshine Seasons/Mara

9/27: Downtown Disney

Lunch: Earl of Sandwich

Dinner: Raglan Road

9/28: Departure Day

Lunch: Mara

I wasn't as good as I should have been about keeping track of what we had for snack credits, to be honest, and we did "blow" several on water, despite all the advise not to do so. But if we hadn't, we would have ended up bringing tons of stuff home because two snacks per day on top of what we were eating at meals would have been nauseating. The snacks that did stand out though, I'll mention in the day by day reviews. Much to my disappointment, I am not a fan of Dole whips. Maybe it's because the orange was not available and I did a pineapple on pineapple float, but after about five bites, I tossed it out, sad that it wasn't all I'd hoped it would be.

In the end, we blew off ADRs for both breakfast and dinner at Boma, and one for Tutto Italia that we'd made for dinner on the 26th because we could not stand the idea of eating that much food at yet another sit down restaurant. We ended up "blowing" a good number of TS credits on CS meals, but since we'd only paid for the upgrade to the DxDP (getting the base DDP for free), we still came out well ahead just based on the TS meals we had.

What I can say right now is that what everyone says about the DxDP is true - it is WAY too much food, unless you are seriously a big eater and would normally get an appetizer and dessert of your own as opposed to sharing with a dining companion. I REALLY wish on the DxDP, they'd give you the option of an appetizer OR dessert, but not both, so that one person could order the app, the other the dessert. MUCH less food wasted that way, and I would think that, in the end, it would save Disney money. Maybe I'm wrong in that thinking, though.

Ok, off to do a few things around the house before my afternoon nap in preparation to go back to work tonight! Hopefully I'll have some of the reviews ready to post tomorrow!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

This should be good!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: