Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Tink's First Trip to the Mainland reloaded!!! (Updated 9/17)

OMGGGGG... It has been FOREVER since I have been on DIS. It has been a bit rough for me since the last time I saw you guys. It has been so long since I have written this TR that the original one was placed in the completed TR forum. You can catch up on that blog here . Well I am baaacccckkkkkkkk. I promise I will finish this blog mainly because I have a new TR to write! So I hope to reconnect with my old DIS friends and meet some new friends along the way. Let me reintroduce the cast...

About our trip:
Well I haven't been to Disney world since 1998 . So in essence this is my first trip all over again. We went to Disney May 29 - June 3rd. We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort. It was a beautiful resort.

First up there is me Shaniyah. I am a slightly pooh sized single mom to Tink (you’ll meet her below), I love doing crafts and being creative, and of course I love ALL things Disney. I would love to say I am a super organized OCD planner, but that would only be 60% correct. The other 40% succumbs to my ADD (no that is not a joke)! I started a PTR here which I did not finish (the story of my life). So feel free to read up on my trip plans. My favorite Disney character is Daisy.

Next up is Tink (6). She is also a Disney addict. She has a great personality and thinks she is a "America's nep nop model"! She wants to be a doctor, gymnast, and soccer player when she grows up. I just love this little girl. Her favorite Disney characters are Tinkerbelle, Tiana, and Rapunzel.

Last but not least… Grumpy, Tink’s father. We are NOT together but we have a good relationship for the sake of Tink. He is camera shy. So throughout the report you may see a hand or the back of his head but that is about it.

[/URL] Tink's first trip to the mainland May 2011 TR Tink's first trip to the main land PTR

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Disney Trips: 1996 Music/ 1997 Sports/ 1998 Sports/
May 2011 CSR FEB 2012 AS Sports July 2013 AAU primary track and field competition

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-17-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Table of contents

The original part half of my TR is in pink. The updated part is in purple.
Chapter 1 Are we there yet?

Chapter 2 Why didn't I register online??

Chapter 3 On the hunt for Mickey Ears

Chapter3 On the hunt for Mickey Ears part 2

Chapter 4 What do you value more Time or Money?

Chapter 5 Enjoying the view

Chapter 6 To DVC or not to DVC? That is the question!

Chapter 7 Shhhhh... No talking in the movie theater!!!

Letting my creative juices flow!

Chapter 8 I have to use the baaaattthhhroooommmm!

[/URL] Tink's first trip to the mainland May 2011 TR Tink's first trip to the main land PTR

(me) (bf) dd(7)
May 2011 CSR FEB 2012 AS Sports July 2013 AAU primary track and field competition

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-17-2012 at 10:12 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

"Tink" is adorable! Hope you had a wonderful trip!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Yaaayyy I have a reader! Yes we had sooooooo much fun. I AM responding from my cell on the DIS app... how cool Is that? Now I have no excuse to finish this report!

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Shhhhhhh... No talking in the movie theater!

Heeeelllloooooo Is anybody out there??? Well I will continue on with my report! Hopefully I won't be talking to myself the entire time!

Last I left you I was licking my wounds from not being able to afford the DVC, maybe one day. So they had a shuttle for us and we headed to HS. Our first stop was Indiana Jones... I thought Tink would like the action and the stunts. Well when she heard the the first explosion she ran out screaming. Literally! "No mommy No mommy Nooooooooooo" she screamed. Although I was embarrassed the CM's standing at the entrance didn't look fazed one bit. It probably wasn't their first screaming child! Well after Indiana Jones was a #epicfail we headed over to...

I remember LOVING this ride when I was younger. One thing I learned about Tink on this trip is she does NOT like characters in full costume. Princesses are fine, but Minne, Mickey, even Pooh, are completely OUT of the question. I was a little concerned about this ride because if I remembered correctly at the end of the show someone runs across the front of the audience. Well here is Tink still happy waiting in the que...

I saw this dust pan and I just loved it.

They finally let us in and I strategically sat in the middle row, in the middle of the row, in the middle of the theater. Say that 10 times fast! Well at the end of the show Tink said, "MOM THAT WAS AWESOME". Whew I dodged that bullet!. After Muppets 3D it was time for ou lunch ressie.

On the way to lunch we passed the noodle shop and Tink had to take her Kung Fu Panda pictures!

Finally we made it to...

I walked up to the desk right on time and our wait was a hour EVEN with a ressie. We were handed a buzzer and asked to take a seat. I decided to make the best of it so we headed over to the parade

Doug

Woody and the gang...

Lotso

He waved to me!!!

That excitement is the whole reason I love Disney!

After the parade we headed back to Sci-Fi and our table was ready. That restaurant is pretty darn cool. If you have never been to Scifi before it is set like your are in a drive-in movie. It is really dark and on screen are old sci-fi movies trailers. Once again the resturant is themed wonderfully. I tried to take some pictures but they all came out too dark and are not worthy of posting. We scored a car table and we had car to our selves! Here is a pic of us at the table...

Our waitresses name was Jessica she was really nice and knowledgeable. While waiting for our food I took my phone out to try to reach Grumpy again... While leaving yet another "nice" message Tink says " Shhhhhhh mommy there is no taking in the movie theater!!!" So I promptly put my phone away, I told her you are absolutely right I would hate for Jessica to put us out of the movie because I'm on the phone.

For an appetizer we had:

They were awesome!!! For lunch I had the shrimp pasta, it was pretty good but I felt like something was missing. Here is a picture of it:

Tink ordered a hotdog with a salad as her side. She loves salads. Tink is used to me taking pictures of food so she wanted to take pics of her own food (I think next trip she will have her her own camera).

I forgot to take a picture of dessert but I had warm apple crumble. I really wasn't hungry but since I was on the dining plan I felt obligated to get a dessert. I am glad I did because the apple crumble was AWESOME! By far the best part of the meal! Over all I give the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater 3 thumbs up. I took off a thumb for the missing flavor in the pasta and the hour wait to get our table.

Up next.. I've gotta gooooo.

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Tink is adorable!
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
Tink is adorable!
Ohh thank you!!

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Letting my creative juices flow

I love being creative. I was reading DMGuerts TR and she has inspired me to start sewing. I have had my sewing machine for years and I barely touch the thing. Hobby Lobby had a sale on McCall's patterns (99 cents each). This is what I picked up yesterday

I kind of over did it. BUT you can't beat 99 cents a piece! I hope to post some of my creations for you soon!

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

okay there are cute kids but your daughter is absoloutely beautiful omg what a little doll!!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
disneydreamerinny
I wish I could make a living planning Disney Vacations...

Oh, first installment and I'm hooked already! I can't wait to read more!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Not only is DD a cutie but funny to. Can't wait to read more.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Yaaaaaayyy more readers

I am so happy to not be talking to myself anymore. Yaaayyyyy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
okay there are cute kids but your daughter is absoloutely beautiful omg what a little doll!!!!
Thank You! She gets it from her mama!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamerinny View Post
Oh, first installment and I'm hooked already! I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining me over here! I can't wait to read yours when you guys get back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Not only is DD a cutie but funny to. Can't wait to read more.
Lucky Lady You know everyone says that she is so funny. I see it sometimes, especially when its time to punish her. It is hard to do it without laughing.

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

I have to go to the Baaatttthhh Roooommm!

Hey guys… I surely hope this week goes by quickly. I am look forward to this weekend. I am itching to get to my sewing machine and try one of those projects. So if you didn’t know I teach 1st grade. Today we were playing a game, I call it the alphabet game. I give my students a letter and in a group they have to come up with as many healthy foods as possible. Well we got to the letter C and I heard everything from Carrots to Cucumbers. One group said cabbage, and a student rose her hand and said…
Student: “Miss B. cabbage has a bad word in it.”
Confused I said “No it doesn’t.” I then begin sounding the word out in my head.
Student: “Yuh huh it does have a bad word in it. Cab b-b-b the “b” word.”
Me trying to keep a straight face: “No ma’am the word is C-A-B-B-A-G-E… Cab- ADGE” I prounounced the correct way to say cabbage and continued on with the game…. Gotta love first graders!!
I just wanted to share that with you. On with the TR…

So last time I saw you guys we were just finishing up our wonderful meal at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (2 TS credits used). Grumpy was still MIA,I broke Tinks rule about using the phone in the movies and tried to call him but my phone was dead. I found an outlet and got enough juice to make a phone call. When I turned my phone on I received this message; “Hey Shan, I’m here in the park but I don’t know where you guys are so I am just gonna head back to the room.” ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME???!!!! So I called him back, he was at the front gate. I gave him a few choice words and needless to say he turned around and met us for a couple of rides.

We rode ToT, Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, Grumpy wanted to see Indiana Jones since that is one of his favorite movies. I warned him of the #epicfail earlier when I tried to take Tink. Wouldn’t you believe she sat through the whole show and exclaimed that she loved it??? : I guess she needed the protection of her father to make it through the show. After Indiana Jones we headed to Toy Story Mania. The wait was 50 minutes, knowing that we were not going to be coming back to HS this trip I decided to go on and wait. Well 20 in to the que…

Tink: “Mom I have to uuuussssee the bathroom.”
Me: “Well there isn’t a bathroom in here.”
Tink: “I reaaalllllyyy have to go.”
Me: “ Okay well if I take you to the bathroom, we will not be able to ride TSM until the next time we come back and who knows when that will be.”
Tink: “Okay, I don’t have to go THAAT bad.”
SMH can you say drama queen??? About 10 minutes later we got on the ride. Tink rode next to me and Grumpy rode behind us. Here is the score….

Grumpy creamed us! After the ride Tink wanted to ride again so I checked out the wait time for TSM and it was 90 minutes. I told her we would have to ride again on the next trip!

Up next “Breakfast with Royalty”

(me) (bf) dd(7)

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while. I didn't want my TR to get most in the forum abyss! Stay tuned for a update tonight!

(me) (bf) dd(7)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: