Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
msmama
DIS Veteran

I actually like Sketchers Shape-ups for long days at the park. They seem to be most comfy. I also like Easy spirit clog sneakers - they are my every day sneaker at home.

BUT - my biggest Disney rule is NEVER wear the same shoes two days in a row. No matter how comfortable shoes may be, 2 days in a row is killer on my feet.

msmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

I swear by Brooks Tennis Shoes.
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

I wore classic style Toms during our trip. I bought them a couple of weeks before our trip so I could break them in. They were perfect, and I am soooo glad that I chose to wear them for our trip. I had no problems with my feet at all. They are now my go-to shoes when I will be doing a lot of walking. I do not like to wear tennis shoes because I hate to wear socks. I would highly recommend Toms!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
Patience
DIS Veteran

I wore Nike comfort thongs in the parks last October and I loved them.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #20
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I wear my Keen's all day at WDW, with no socks and never had an issue.

I find that tennies make my feet too warm.
Yep, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea View Post
If you have shoes you like (Keen) why would you bother trying to find something else.
Yes, why do you think you need to wear socks and sneakers if your Keens are comfortable. I wouldn't go to Disney World without my Keens, and I would never wear them with socks. Tennis shoes and socks are waaaay to warm for October for me. After 12 hours of walking in the heat trapped in closed shoes...icky, no thank you. My feet would feel like they were in a sauna and be prunes.

I also have a new pair of teva mush mandalyn wedges that I am going to try out...because they are just so stinking cute.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

Last edited by MistressMerryweather; 09-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
Datha1019
Earning My Ears

I love my saunks they are by far the BEST FLIP FLOPS EVER!!!! Feels like your walking on a yoga mat!!! You can get them online ... I got mine at Dillards
Datha1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyD1983 View Post
I wore classic style Toms during our trip. I bought them a couple of weeks before our trip so I could break them in. They were perfect, and I am soooo glad that I chose to wear them for our trip. I had no problems with my feet at all. They are now my go-to shoes when I will be doing a lot of walking. I do not like to wear tennis shoes because I hate to wear socks. I would highly recommend Toms!

I alternated between two different pairs of classic Toms during our last trip (and put coffee and bac-out in the shoes that were "resting" each day to kill foot smell) and had the best experience I've ever had on a walking vacation. NO blisters the entire time, which had never ever happened before!

Toms mold to your foot shape, rather than being built for a particular foot shape. In addition, if one foot is significantly larger than the other, they will still work extremely well.

Teva Mush work on the same principle, so they're good for all foot types, but I've only ever found them in flip flop style and I'm not good with flip flops all day walking.

(Oh, and if you get a Tom shoe soaking wet in a Disney downpour, you can run a blow dryer over it and it will dry out amazingly fast. . .your DH's NB 12whatevers will dry amazingly slow. . .yes, I know this from experience. )
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #23
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote

I alternated between two different pairs of classic Toms during our last trip (and put coffee and bac-out in the shoes that were "resting" each day to kill foot smell)
I need to hear more about this coffee and bac-out trick! What is it that you do???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: