Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
buffalogirl
Ohh do I get to be first?
I'm still feeling optimistic

Omaha Steaks?

My DH received a $100 Omaha Steaks gift card from his employer.

We've never ordered anything from there and I've read some mixed reviews of their products. Have you ordered from them-is there anything you love or hate?

I've also read that once you place an order with them, they will pester you with telemarketing calls. Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.
CSR Dec 2008
AoA Lion King Suites Nov 2012
buffalogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Jennia
DIS Veteran

YES! They called almost everyday for months. Luckily it shows up on caller id, but they are extremely persistent. With that said, my husband loves their hamburgers.
Jennia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
buffalogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennia View Post
YES! They called almost everyday for months. Luckily it shows up on caller id, but they are extremely persistent. With that said, my husband loves their hamburgers.
Thanks for your quick response!

So, I should order the hamburgers and give them the phone number of someone I don't like?

Seriously, I think we do have a call block feature on our phone, I'll have to look into that.

Thanks again.
CSR Dec 2008
Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
sjc316
Earning My Ears

I've used them alot and have always been satisfied. My only complaint is that they are expensive, but if you have a gift card, that works! They are having a free shipping deal right now on any purchase over $99. Log onto the website to see.

Happy shopping!
sjc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Wish Upon A Star
The TF thinks WUAS is corn cool!!
Caught Being Crabby
Has been known to wear Dorothy's red shoes and click her heels for no explicable reason :)

I won't have a review for awhile, but I'm hoping everything I ordered is excellent!

Ordered the Grand Pack on sale for the in-laws 50th Anniversary, its being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping they enjoy it, as they did not want any party, or function, or any family visitation at all . . .

So far, no calls from them pestering (placed the order Aug. 9th) but if I don't recognize numbers, I just won't answer.

Many of their things look awesome, I'd love to hear more feedback, as I'd like to order for myself.
Wilderness Lodge - 06/03, 10/05,
Contemporary - 08/06
Port Orleans Riverside - 10/07, 02/11, 03/13
Port Orleans French Quarter - 05/08, 10/08, 07/09, 05/10, 04/11, 05/11
Beach Club - 04/05, 07/10
Caribbean Beach - 10/10
BoardWalk Villas - 12/10
Dolphin - 10/11, 10/13, 11/13, 9/14
Yacht Club - 11/11

BoardWalk Inn - 4/12, 10/12
Coronado Springs - 11/12, 05/13, 05/14
Swan - 10/14
Wish Upon A Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Do you have an Omaha Steaks store close to you? I'd go there during one of their frequent sales. I'm on their mailing list. I get a lot of mail, but very few phone calls. And I'm the first to hear of specials. Fridays, I bought about several boxes of steak burgers for half price.

I like seafood, but I don't cook it well. During Lent, I buy several boxes of stuffed sole. Easy and good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I order from them every 6-8 weeks. We are somewhat hooked on the pot roast. Order the 2 pack of pot roast, not the single, better deal.

I get pot roast, ribeye, and filet mignon. I used to get the burgers, they are good. ( But the kids like my home made ones better, I mix in some spices with the meat.)

I go for the free shipping. I rarely get called from them, maybe 1-2 times a year, maybe because I order online.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

About once every couple of years I will order one or two of their promotional packs. But is definitely all sale merchandise and stuff I am willing to eat. I tend to get one or two envelopes in the mail from them almost every week, but I have never gotten any phone calls from them.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
NYCDiane
DIS Veteran

If you're worried about the calls, just place your order online and put in a fake phone number (555) 555-5555 or something like that.

I've never ordered from them as I rarely eat beef, but the stuff does look good!

Enjoy!
NYCDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
TEK224

Never gets tired of hearing "You're going to Disney again?!"

I've ordered from them on-line (usually when ordering gift for someone) and I also have a store nearby, so I usually go there to buy. We do get the phone calls, but I just tell them we have a store nearby and prefer to buy there.

I like their burgers and steaks. My Mom likes the stuffed sole. They are pricy, so when I buy I get the variety packs of things I know we'll eat.
The single item packs (all steak or chicken, etc.) seem too pricey for me.

Terri
Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
buffalogirl

OP here, Thanks for all the helpful responses!

No local stores, so I'll be shopping online. Hadn't considered the pot roast, but might have to give it a try along with burgers, filet, stuffed sole and steaks. Hmm, sounds like I might be spending more than my $100.

It's nice to have "free money" to spend and ebates pays 6% on Omaha Steak orders. I'll be placing my order in the next few days and will post a review here on how everything was.
CSR Dec 2008
Old 08-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
ssawka
DIS Veteran

We used to buy their burgers all the time, but this last batch has really let me down. I don't know if it was just a bad batch, but these burgers would not stay together. If I cooked them on the grill, I would loose half of the burger through the grate. I would still probably buy their steaks, but that's it. Also, anything they sell that is not steak (chicken, pork, etc.) is not very good.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
timmac
DIS Veteran

You can also use the gift cards at retail store locations, if there's one near you.

I've found there stuff to be decent... in most cases at least as good or slightly better than typical grocery store equivalents.

That said, almost everything is, in my opinion WAY overpriced. With a gift card, though, it's not really an issue.
timmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

The brats (bratwurst). I was honestly surprised at how good they were! My German MIL was in love with them, the adults couldn't stop eating them and we had to slap hands away to save 2 for my kids the next day for lunch who inhaled theirs. I thought their burgers were good, hotdogs okay and the rest of it just didn't seem any more special than what you could get at a good local butcher/meat market. I actually just stopped by there yesterday and picked up 4 packages of brats!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

I love their marinated salmon. It is amazing. I order from them about 3 times a year. I do get alot of emails from them but have never gotten a phone call.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: