Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
micheluvscorgis
Mouseketeer

World of Color in October with kids? Dining reservations?

We are planning on visiting Ariel's Grotto for a character dining experience when we travel to DLR this October, 2012. I read somewhere that dining at AG will get us VIP seating and a WOC fast pass, but I recently read that this has changed....

So, what's the deal? CAN we get VIP seating with an AG meal? If not, what are our other options?

Our kiddos will be five and almost seven when we go, so whatever we can do to assure good seating with minimal waiting will be worth it for us (an investment in our sanity, as I perceive it, anyway).

Thanks for all of your help!

-Michele

Michele Bob Beau (6) Conrad (4)

micheluvscorgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

This thread is essential reading for info on WOC: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542717 Make sure to read the first post carefully. It will have all the basic info that you need.

AG no longer has the WOC dining package. WOC dining packages are offered at WCT (lunch - blue FP, dinner - preferred dining area) and CCR (preferred dining area, but apparently different from WCT). Picnic meals come with a yellow FP, the same FPs as you get for free from the GRR machines.

Also, please note that there is no "seating" for any dining package. The WOC viewing area is standing only, except for GAC/HC seating and the VIP area. With WOC, "good seating [viewing] with minimal waiting" is a bit of an oxymoron. Generally speaking, the better viewing you want, the more time you need to be willing to invest waiting.

Last edited by theluckyrabbit; 09-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
micheluvscorgis
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

Michele Bob Beau (6) Conrad (4)

micheluvscorgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
cp11
Mouseketeer

Wow, My daughter will be disappointed. I have done the Aerial dinner three times, our kids once (I'm really not mean but have been there with different groups each time).

We are going for our daughter's grad trip in June and she is bringing a friend and both our kids were looking forward to eating here and showing friend the WOC show.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp11 View Post
Wow, My daughter will be disappointed. I have done the Aerial dinner three times, our kids once (I'm really not mean but have been there with different groups each time).

We are going for our daughter's grad trip in June and she is bringing a friend and both our kids were looking forward to eating here and showing friend the WOC show.

You can do the Ariel dinner... but it is with princesses...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: