DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Why are DL APs left out?

What's up with this? Why are DVC members who frequent DL left out of this discount opportunity?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
sjpvac
Earning My Ears

Because they are making too much $ on the redone California Adventure Park to offer any better deals...and because they can.
sjpvac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
What's up with this? Why are DVC members who frequent DL left out of this discount opportunity?
Do you mean like Hopper passes? They give DVC members a $20.00 off EACH Annual Pass (Premium & Deluxe)! As for dining & shopping a Premium AP is WAY BETTER than showing your DVC members card! Either way we WORK that DL AP every chance we get while there!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpvac View Post
Because they are making too much $ on the redone California Adventure Park to offer any better deals...and because they can.
Oh. Oh well.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
spruce
DIS Veteran

The 1st time we went to DL was in 2005. This was before GCV. We were surprised that our DVC membership card was unknown to the parking lots, restaurants and downtown Disney. There were no discounts. If not for dvc, and our love of wdw we never would have gone to dl. We chalked it up to a different business unit of the company. Now with dvc at dl an argument that dl dvc is being left out is logical but I don't know if dl dvc was able to negotiate with dl for a better discount. It's not like dw dvc is paying dw for the discount, dw had to agree to the discount. This may increase dw pap sales with additional money coming in from people spending while using them but their margin on the pass is less. It would be interesting to see if this discount increases revenue.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Do you mean like Hopper passes? They give DVC members a $20.00 off EACH Annual Pass (Premium & Deluxe)! As for dining & shopping a Premium AP is WAY BETTER than showing your DVC members card! Either way we WORK that DL AP every chance we get while there!!
No I meant a discount on the cost of the Premium AP like the one that was announced today for WDW.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #7
murphy7573
Earning My Ears

You live in Cali...Buy a Cali season pass
murphy7573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #8
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy7573 View Post
You live in Cali...Buy a Cali season pass
I have no idea what the Cali season pass is.

I have the DL Southern CA AP but it's very restrictive. The entire summer was blocked even during the week. Christmas time/winter holidays will be too. We are going on October 1st-3rd and those days are not blocked. I'd love a Premium Pass at a reduced price so that I can go any day of the year. The southern CA AP is great for people who don't have to work or people who live very close. I am over 60 miles away. Anyway, I just wish the same deal was available for the DL Premium AP. Oh well.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #9
oktracy
Mouseketeer

As a new west coast DVC member who owns at VGC and who just returned from Aulani and loved it, I so wish DVC Membership would give us fellow Californians some love. Twenty dollars off an AP is ridiculous. While I am thankful for the merchandise discount, I think I must give DVC membership my feedback tonight.

Today, I received an email with a video link detailing this "sneak peak" announcement. At the end of the video there is an invitation and link to provide feedback. I will be sending DVC Membership an email right away!
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
Pennyguy23
DIS Veteran

I work with 100's of people everyday. You can't keep everyone happy. Even though you can try

Pennyguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: