Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears

Suprise Proposal...Frustrations..0 Help.

So I have been planning for months to propose to my gf next week at BOG.

I've received literally no help. I understand BOG doesn't have packages or anything special but I have just been trying to see if I can slide someone the ring to bring to our table.

I was given a contact for someone at Magic Kingdom and was told it would go to VM but they would return my call. 3 weeks later I've given up on that.

I called regular Customer Service and was told after a sigh "Well, I'm not sure what we can do...they don't have packages...let me send you to dining...I don't know if they can do anything though." Hilariously followed by "Have a magical day"

I was then directed to someone in dining who once again told me "BOG doesn't currently have any packages, so, um, I'm not sure."

I politely told them I understood...I was just trying to get into contact with someone to see if them bringing the ring to our table would even be a possibility.

Here I get connected to Disney Weddings. "BOG doesn't have any special packages" .... I reiterate my understanding and am put on hold for a few mins.

I was then given the number to the manager at BOG and told to leave a voicemail and they would get back to me.

3 days later and now 8 days away from my ADR at BOG and I have yet to hear anything.

Sorry if this is rambling...I'm just frustrated and needed to vent to someone considering I remained cheery, polite, and understanding on the phone the entire time. lol.

** And I spelled surprise wrong in the thread title....yay....my day gets better lol.

Last edited by PrinceAdam; 04-10-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
PrinceAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just keep trying. You might have to just show up and slip the waiter a $50 to help you out.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
mb187143
DIS Veteran

It's entirely possible that everyone you talked to was at a call center and they don't know. I have a very hard time believing that you won't be able to find someone there who wouldn't be thrilled to help you pull this off.

I would keep trying the manager first of all, and not during typical business hours but also during the evening since you'll want to talk to the manager working the dinner shift (since you made an ADR, I'm assuming that you're going in the evening). You could, hoping that your GF cooperates, encourage her to look around whole you go check in, and speak to the host when you check in, if you're not able to get in touch with the manager.

Don't stress out. It's going to be a wonderful memory. I say that as someone who completely missed that my boyfriend was proposing when he was down on one knee and ruined his whole plan. We're happily married and its one of our favorite stories now. It will work out.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl
Just keep trying. You might have to just show up and slip the waiter a $50 to help you out.
It's terribly sad if that's what it takes to get a CM to help with a wedding proposal.

Just keep calling the manager, and hopefully you will get called back soon. It must be worrying for you. I wish you the best of luck with your proposal!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
sambycat
DIS Veteran

although i can see how it would be hugely reliving to talk to someone, my experience tells me you could talk to 12 people who would all assure you yes, this can be done, do x-y-z and you show up and noone knows what you are talking about!

my advice is keep calling, figure something in your plan to check in ahead of time alone, or a friend or something at the restaurant that day and explain - i would even go to city hall that day - alone - and explain. if you have a note to the CM, the ring and a plan, it will work. it will be somewhat game time hand off type situation, but if you factor that in to your expectations you can pull it off. the CMs will help (yes, a little side tip would be nice), but it seems lots of proposals are fraught with all this last minute hand off type deal and that’s part of why the proposer wants to throw up al the while before!

keep trying to make contact, but if you work on your excuses ahead of time and work that extra time to get by there without your soon to be DF, this will all work out. congrats!

don’t forget to get your “just engaged/celebration” buttons from city hall too!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys. I've orchestrated an entire secret arrival of people for after the proposal over the last few months in secret so the fact that just giving her the ring is the part that I can't get squared away is frustrating.
PrinceAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

From past experiences i've read on here ringing up gets you pretty much nowhere because they don't do it officially and even if the person on the phone agrees something it won't be them that does it anyway. Everyone who's gotten help has always asked in person to a CM and the CM has always helped. So i'd try and ask when you check in if your GF is far enough away or when your seated after you've met your waiter pop to the restroom and try and grab the waiter then and explain.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

I agree with Chilly...honestly, your best bet is going to be handling it in person when you are actually there...because even if you get someone on the phone who wants to help you...the odds are still high that that person will either forget, not be there, drop the ball, etc... Sad but true.

BUT, the waitstaff at BOG are all seem so enthusiastic to be working there and genuinely excited about the restaurant itself that I can't help but think your waitperson will be happy to help you...just take a quick bathroom break and find your waiter or the host or something and I bet you it will all work out...

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
tric8783
DIS Veteran

If you have other people coming to surprise your future fiance after the proposal, can you pass the ring to one of them and then they can come to the restaurant after you are seated and ask for the ring to be delivered? (If you can't get away from your GF long enough to set this up that is) Otherwise I'd go with the bathroom excuse and then talk to your waiter or the manager if possible that night. Good luck and early congrats!!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
andeesings
DIS Veteran

Honestly, something as important as an engagement ring I wouldn't want out of my hands for a moment. I'd alert your waiter when you get there to arrange something, but why give your ring to someone else when you can just kneel and pull it out yourself? I'd be terrified!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
MyHappiestPlace
Mouseketeer

Location: Hop, skip and jump from The Happiest Place on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
Honestly, something as important as an engagement ring I wouldn't want out of my hands for a moment. I'd alert your waiter when you get there to arrange something, but why give your ring to someone else when you can just kneel and pull it out yourself? I'd be terrified!
I totally agree with this. Not sure why the waitstaff needs to have the ring? Why can't you have it in your pocket and pull it out?
MyHappiestPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #12
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

I wouldn't let it out of my sight either - keep hold of that ring! I know you have a great plan and it would be ideal but what if they take it to the wrong table or the wait staff accidently misplace it?

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

The wait staff are all enthusiastic at BOG but I have to agree I would do it myself not sure if photopass is there never been there for dinner but if so I would talk to him/her and give them a heads up that you will be dropping to your knee

If no photopass then do the same thing with your own camera and talk to management this could be priceless memories for you both
Old 04-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
andeesings
DIS Veteran

Ooooooo that's a great idea, give the waiter the CAMERA, tell him to take a photo and then drop to your knee and pull out the ring!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
shar123
Earning My Ears

How about with the beast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAdam View Post
So I have been planning for months to propose to my gf next week at BOG.

I've received literally no help. I understand BOG doesn't have packages or anything special but I have just been trying to see if I can slide someone the ring to bring to our table.

I was given a contact for someone at Magic Kingdom and was told it would go to VM but they would return my call. 3 weeks later I've given up on that.

I called regular Customer Service and was told after a sigh "Well, I'm not sure what we can do...they don't have packages...let me send you to dining...I don't know if they can do anything though." Hilariously followed by "Have a magical day"

I was then directed to someone in dining who once again told me "BOG doesn't currently have any packages, so, um, I'm not sure."

I politely told them I understood...I was just trying to get into contact with someone to see if them bringing the ring to our table would even be a possibility.

Here I get connected to Disney Weddings. "BOG doesn't have any special packages" .... I reiterate my understanding and am put on hold for a few mins.

I was then given the number to the manager at BOG and told to leave a voicemail and they would get back to me.

3 days later and now 8 days away from my ADR at BOG and I have yet to hear anything.

Sorry if this is rambling...I'm just frustrated and needed to vent to someone considering I remained cheery, polite, and understanding on the phone the entire time. lol.

** And I spelled surprise wrong in the thread title....yay....my day gets better lol.
We had our picture taken with the Beast at the end of dinner in the Library. He even danced with my mother who is 77. Photo pass is in there and they took great pictures. That might work for you.
shar123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: