Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #91
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Have a fantastic trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Jill in CO
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #92
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

It's almost stressing me out that I haven't started packing yet.

Laundry is drying, dog is snoring, kitchen counter is just sitting there not cleaning itself and I am plopped on the couch because I am just DONE. In addition to work craziness that had already ensued, one of my employees just informed me that his military drill starts TOMORROW.
For TWO AND A HALF WEEKS.
And I have no coverage for him, let alone time to find any. Awesome.
An open letter to my entire department,
Seriously?
No, really, all of you: SERIOUSLY???
*sigh*
Signed,
Not amused
And then, because open letters are cathartic, I wrote another.
Dear kitchen counter,
I brought home McDonald's for dinner in a fit of sheer laziness. So how could you have possibly gotten so dirty? I humbly request you self-sanitize so I can stay here on the couch. While you're at it, how about transforming into a classy granite or at least something less...formica-y.
Thanks a bunch,
Erica
In other news, Lionel picked up his GINORMOUS rental lens today, and the thing weighs almost as much as Isabelle. I haven't seen him this giddy since the new season of Dr. Who started! I'm picturing myself standing on the deck of the whale boat trying to hold that thing up, and begging some stranger to press the shutter because I'm out of hands.
Yeah, right. Like he's even going to let me near it! He did let me touch it, but then immediately tucked it back in the protective case. He was mumbline something like "my precious...my precious...."

Home stretch! I'm tempted to go to bed right now just so tomorrow will get here faster but there is laundry to fold, and a faux wood countertop to clean.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #93
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Yay... so exciting! I didn't know you could rent lenses- cool! Don't tell my husband!

Have a great trip!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #94
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
It's almost stressing me out that I haven't started packing yet.

Laundry is drying, dog is snoring, kitchen counter is just sitting there not cleaning itself and I am plopped on the couch because I am just DONE. In addition to work craziness that had already ensued, one of my employees just informed me that his military drill starts TOMORROW.
For TWO AND A HALF WEEKS.
And I have no coverage for him, let alone time to find any. Awesome.
An open letter to my entire department,
Seriously?
No, really, all of you: SERIOUSLY???
*sigh*
Signed,
Not amused
And then, because open letters are cathartic, I wrote another.
Dear kitchen counter,
I brought home McDonald's for dinner in a fit of sheer laziness. So how could you have possibly gotten so dirty? I humbly request you self-sanitize so I can stay here on the couch. While you're at it, how about transforming into a classy granite or at least something less...formica-y.
Thanks a bunch,
Erica
In other news, Lionel picked up his GINORMOUS rental lens today, and the thing weighs almost as much as Isabelle. I haven't seen him this giddy since the new season of Dr. Who started! I'm picturing myself standing on the deck of the whale boat trying to hold that thing up, and begging some stranger to press the shutter because I'm out of hands.
Yeah, right. Like he's even going to let me near it! He did let me touch it, but then immediately tucked it back in the protective case. He was mumbline something like "my precious...my precious...."

Home stretch! I'm tempted to go to bed right now just so tomorrow will get here faster but there is laundry to fold, and a faux wood countertop to clean.
I've been following your PTR and love it! So many things I'm living right now. Work is normally , but lately has been and I can't find anyone who wants to be me while I'm out. Uhhh...hello, 16 days and counting!

I didn't know you could rent lenses either. Think I could rent a lens, camera and maybe the brain or phtotographer to drag along? I always thought those cameras would be awesome if I knew how to use one, but last year I offered to take a pic for a family that had a big camera like that and it was so heavy I can't imagine the neck strain from carrying it all of the time.

Have a wonderful trip! I know your months of organizing and planning is going to do overcome your procrastination tonight...no worries!
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Fantasy - June/July 2014
Fantasy - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #95
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I know what you mean about kitchen counters getting dirty when you've not used them but bathrooms are worse, 30 mins after cleaning it always seems dirty again.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #96
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

You can rent lenses? That rocks! Is it a photo place near you or what?
podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #97
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
Yay... so exciting! I didn't know you could rent lenses- cool! Don't tell my husband!

Have a great trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
You can rent lenses? That rocks! Is it a photo place near you or what?
You can indeed! We did it online - there are sites like borrowlenses.com but I don't remember which one the hubs used...one where he could pick the lens up locally. But others will even deliver it to you! So we have a $2000 lens for two weeks, which costs about $120 (including insurance). Pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I know what you mean about kitchen counters getting dirty when you've not used them but bathrooms are worse, 30 mins after cleaning it always seems dirty again.
Amen!
I just cleaned our bathroom, so I've got my eyes on them. Tempted to tell my husband to take it out back if he's gotta go

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
I've been following your PTR and love it! So many things I'm living right now. Work is normally , but lately has been and I can't find anyone who wants to be me while I'm out. Uhhh...hello, 16 days and counting!

I didn't know you could rent lenses either. Think I could rent a lens, camera and maybe the brain or phtotographer to drag along? I always thought those cameras would be awesome if I knew how to use one, but last year I offered to take a pic for a family that had a big camera like that and it was so heavy I can't imagine the neck strain from carrying it all of the time.

Have a wonderful trip! I know your months of organizing and planning is going to do overcome your procrastination tonight...no worries!
Well, I left work at noon today and it's now out of my hands. All that stress....but I got everything accomplished that I had hoped to get accomplished, so I feel like I wrapped it all up. I'll try not to spend the next two weeks worrying about what I'll be walking into when I return!!!

Packing up a storm. I'm only taking a break because I forced myself to sit down and have a snack. The two suitcases are mostly packed, with the exception of a few last minute items that will go in later tonight or tomorrow morning (like the essential flat iron). The garment bag is pending the hubby's approval of said sportcoat/tie combos, but everything is laid out on my bed so it's just a matter of putting it all in and zipping it up at this point. I still have to do mine and Izzy's carry-ons, but that should be a breeze.

I have a confession:
I broke my cardinal rule and packed a lot of snacks.

I know! Shameful.
You see, we were out at Disney two weeks ago with some visiting friends and we got a little carried away (as we tend to do when we go out there) and suddenly 1/4 of the vacation fund had MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHED. Must have been sorcerer Mickey. At any rate, we opted to save a few bucks in Vancouver by packing extra granola bars, goldfish etc so we don't have to spend much at the grocery store. And also so we don't have to buy many snacks for "out and about" - we are a snacking kind of family, and snacks add up quickly! So I just grabbed a bunch of stuff from the pantry and threw it in.
Don't judge: I need that money for wine!

That said, the small bag weighs only 39 pounds and that's WITH all of the heavy stuff already packed, so I'm feeling pretty impressed with myself. The large bag? 34 pounds.
I don't know either.

Here's the rest of my evening's to-do list:
  • change the sheets
  • vaccuum
  • clean the kitchen
  • clean the guest bathroom
  • reserve the shuttle from the port to the airport
  • call DCL and put some cash on the shipboard account
  • pack the garment bag
  • finish the carry-ons
  • get all of the cr*p out of the back of the car so we can fit these suitcases somewhere
  • load up the car
  • get some sleep!

Alright geeks: let's do this.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #98
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Bon voyage!! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!
Ellester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #99
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Everything is done, car is (mostly) packed and all electronic devices are charging.
We'll have WiFi in Vancouver, so I may be able to get an update or two in before we sail. Until then - peace out!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #100
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!! Enjoy the ride Erica!!!
podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #101
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great vacation! I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #102
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quick update from Vancouver: these past few days have felt like an entire vacation in themselves...guess we all really needed some time away! The best part? We have a 12:30 check in, and since its such a long cruise I'm not worried about rushing to the port. I'm finishing up some laundry, we're watching The Princess Bride and saving the packing for tomorrow morning.

Which, to be honest, will be less packing and more cramming everything in the suitcase only to unpack it again as soon as we get to our room. Amiright?

Nitery nite - see you in a week!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #103
DisneyTravelers2008
Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)

You finally made it! Cant wait to see this PRE Trip report become a REAL trip Report! Yeeeayyy!! Ready to read more.....

Spring Break 1988/ Spring Break 1993/Ft Wilderness Cabins 2008 /SSR, 1st DVC Member Trip/2009
OKW, Spring Break 2009/SSR June 2009/AKL January 2010/AKL & BLT Halloween 2010 /Spring Break 2011 - Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort/June 2011 - & BLT & BW /AKL, Spring Break 2012 / Disney Dream Jan. 2014
DisneyTravelers2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #104
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Princess Bride - excellent film.

Hope your having a fab time.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #105
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country