Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #91
SEC71
Mouseketeer

I bought regular DVC vouchers before the price increase, can I activate them next month as PAP? I understand I would not get a refund but I didn't know I'd I could get the Pap
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #92
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMan71 View Post
New question: Does the person who purchases the tickets have to be the one who activates a new pass with them?

In other words...

I have a DVC friend buy 2 PAPs at $399 ea and pay her for them

I become a new DVC member in early 2013

I use the vouchers she bought in 2012 to get myself a new pass for myself in 2013
WDW tickets are usually "non refundable, non transferable" so I don't think you could do what you are asking about even if you were a DVC member at the time the voucher was exchanged.

Recently I was looking at the vouchers I bought a few years ago. They have my last name printed on them along with some numbers. If they are able to tie each voucher to the member who bought it I would think only that DVC member (and members of the immediate family residing at the same address) could exchange that voucher for an AP.
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #93
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMan71
New question: Does the person who purchases the tickets have to be the one who activates a new pass with them?

In other words...

I have a DVC friend buy 2 PAPs at $399 ea and pay her for them

I become a new DVC member in early 2013

I use the vouchers she bought in 2012 to get myself a new pass for myself in 2013

DVC tickets can only be purchased by the members who will use them and they are tied to the members in that household only. The confirmation number is tied to the member and their member number - a membership card is required at the time the confirmation number is exchanged for tickets. If a member does this, they are in violation of their contract.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #94
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC71 View Post
I bought regular DVC vouchers before the price increase, can I activate them next month as PAP? I understand I would not get a refund but I didn't know I'd I could get the Pap

If you purchased them direct from DVC and nothing has been redeemed, you can probably get a "refund" and purchase new tickets on Oct 1. Tickets are supposed to be non-refundable, but I have had to do an exchange or "return" on will-call tickets several times and I have never been told no.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #95
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519 View Post
Can we do this with passes for our children (10 & 5) too? What do I need to have for ID?

We are going in early Dec and were not thinking about going next year but this now has us thinking about a late summer trip if we can convert the kids hopper to PAP also.
I just activated our regular APs in June and they do not ask for Ids for the children. Just my husband and I . But I did need to have the CC that I purchased them with. Luckily I had it on me.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #96
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22 View Post
I have a question about when I actually upgrade them. When I did this the last time, I took all the ids and went to Guest Services and did all 4 of the upgrades from a MYW ticket to a discounted dvc ap...they were not with me. Was I lucky because they should all be there or could they be off riding a ride?

The last few times we got our APs from a confirmation number, I was the only person at the Window. I had mine and my husband's DVC membership cards, but he was elsewhere.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #97
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne7891 View Post
I don't know if this would count but if we have 14 day ultimate passes from the UK, can these be upgraded?
This is specifically for DVC members and I think I read somewhere that it is for US members only.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #98
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519 View Post
Can we do this with passes for our children (10 & 5) too? What do I need to have for ID?

We are going in early Dec and were not thinking about going next year but this now has us thinking about a late summer trip if we can convert the kids hopper to PAP also.
Not a thing needed for IDs for your kids. Disney takes you at your word that they are your children and they reside with you.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #99
castleri
DIS Veteran

Cheshire Figment - As a DVC member I can purchase for immediate family who live with me. DS is getting married Sept 28th - He and new wife are living with us until such time as they can obtain a mortgage - hopefully by next summer. His address is the same as ours but she has not changed hers as of yet. I assume that I will not be able to get her a discounted ticket because of this. She wanted to wait to do the name change and address together. They will be at WDW following their honeymoon cruise. We will also be there to bring grandaughter to meet them so could buy the tickets then for all of us. Am I correct that I would only be able to get the ones for DH, DS, DGD and myself since she will not have had time to change her address and name?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #100
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

So I have regular DVC Annual Passes we bought in July and are using in November again. I am pretty sure I paid more than that so would we be able to just get them 'upgraded' for free? I realize you have no refund showing but that is fine as it adds the extra benefits AND the extra merchandise discount!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #101
joanne7891
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment

1. Please note that this thread has been discussing the DVC Member Pass and not general public.

2. A 14 or 21 day Ultimate can be upgraded to an AP. If any of the "minor" park entries have been used you can only upgrade to a PAP.
We are dvc members thanks for the info.
joanne7891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #102
joanne7891
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheblood

This is specifically for DVC members and I think I read somewhere that it is for US members only.
We are members. That sucks if it's only for the US. If its not, does anyone know the price difference to upgrade our tickets to a PAP?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #103
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
$399. They look up what you PAID and that is all the credit you get
gotcha, too bad DL isn't on board with a bigger AP price break for members who frequent that park.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #104
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne7891 View Post
We are members. That sucks if it's only for the US. If its not, does anyone know the price difference to upgrade our tickets to a PAP?
I just re-read the announcement on the DVC member website. I don't see anything that says it is for US members only. I would have been astonished to find such a restriction -- DVC doesn't normally discriminate against its overseas members and I can't think of a reason why they would do so in this case. So I think you're good to go!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #105
joanne7891
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS
I just re-read the announcement on the DVC member website. I don't see anything that says it is for US members only. I would have been astonished to find such a restriction -- DVC doesn't normally discriminate against its overseas members and I can't think of a reason why they would do so in this case. So I think you're good to go!
I hope so! to be fair we will get them anyway. It costs about the same as the 14 day pass over here anyway so even if we can't upgrade we will get it for next year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: