Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #46
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan2kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 930

SO confused.

I am visiting in December. My current AP expires 12/05. Can I go to window on 11/30 (when I arrive) and upgrade to a PAP for no charge? (Knowing it will still expire in 5 days.)
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DS(8) PeePee Daisy

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #47
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
But what if by some chance I didn't redeem by December 31,2013 does it automatically get activated and good for one year..... or am I out of luck and could not use it at all in 2014

you will receive a voucher that must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2013.


I would say it would void it out, but that is just my guess. The wording of "must" be redeemed no later that Dec. 31 is pretty clear.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,006

WHOA! that's tempting! We weren't planning on a trip next year...buuuut.
__________________
ME-Stephanie (43) Brian (DH 48) , Nicholas (DS13), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip


ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #49
TALB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: central illinois
Posts: 332

I have four days left on a 10 day hopper no expiration. Could I put those tickets towards it? We are going in December. thanks
TALB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #50
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Reston, Va.
Posts: 6,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALB View Post
I have four days left on a 10 day hopper no expiration. Could I put those tickets towards it? We are going in December. thanks
No. You can only upgrade within 14 days of first use, No Expiration or not.
__________________
Missy and Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 10/13 Past TR: 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #51
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!
 
peabody58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Ill
Posts: 408

Right place at the right time!!

Finally DW and I are in the right place at the right time. We start our 'AP Year' this Oct 8 and have 28 days planned at WDW between then and Sept 2013. This PAP will be perfect for us. Yes it's an unexpected outlay of ~ $850, but then so was my car's A/C last month. We are so excited about being able to do a water park for a few hours, buzz over to Disney Quest, and still check out a park. No need to rush any location, or feel guilty about not getting our $$ worth.

We already have 2 sets of AP vouchers purchased at $893 for each set of 2, but this offer is just too good to pass on. We per-purchased the AP vouchers when bonus money was available, and as a hedge against future price increases. So now with our current long term vacation planning, we shouldn't need tickets again until 2018/2019, maybe longer if we do US/SW one cycle. And by then, I'll be ready to retire!! Just printed off copies of our previously purchased vouchers and email confirmations - they go into the safe deposit box tomorrow!!

For those who have posted that they already purchased their AP Vouchers, see if you can afford to buy the PAP's and plan on using the AP vouchers in the future. With the consistent 5 - 10% ticket price increases, your previously purchased AP vouchers will have a great ROR.
__________________



DL 66-68; Off-site: 77/90/91; POR 92/94; BC 8/99; WL 3/10; BLT 9/10; SSR 12/10; OKW 5/11; BLT 9/11; HHI 4/12; BLT 10/12; WBC 4/13; AKL-K/BCV 9/13; VB/VGF 9/14
peabody58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #52
IandGsmom
DL veteran. WDW novice.
Would rather live in Pine Valley
 
IandGsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 739

Please bare with me since I am not a WDW savy person. my family and I are DVC members and are going to WDW in Feb 2013. I can buy these vouchers this year and activate it for our Feb 2013, correct?
__________________
Proud DVC owners at: Saratoga Springs, Aulani, Grand Californian
IandGsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #53
mckryan
DIS Veteran
 
mckryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by IandGsmom View Post
Please bare with me since I am not a WDW savy person. my family and I are DVC members and are going to WDW in Feb 2013. I can buy these vouchers this year and activate it for our Feb 2013, correct?
That is correct. The vouchers must be purchased by 12/31/12 and must be activated by 12/31/13. So, if you buy them this year and activate them in February 2013, you are good to go.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #54
mckryan
DIS Veteran
 
mckryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
You are correct. The current AFS tickets all expire at 11:59:59pm on September 30 this year and have a value of zero in October 1. The new promotion cannot be activated (or sold at WDW) prior to October 1.

But you could get regular military-discount MYW passes that are at least three days and upgrade on/after October 1 using the regular upgrade rules.
Thanks for the info! That's what we'll do.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #55
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,349

Cheshire:

I have two 10 day MYW tickets I purchased through UT and they were less than $399. Will I get current gate price or what I paid? Do I have to use them once before I upgrade to the DVC PAP?

And, I have 2 ap vouchers. One I paid over $399 for...not sure what to do there, but the other is older and I paid $373 for. Will I receive credit for what I paid for that voucher...how will that one work?

Thanks for your help. Trying to figure out what to do.
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #56
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody58 View Post
Finally DW and I are in the right place at the right time. We start our 'AP Year' this Oct 8 and have 28 days planned at WDW between then and Sept 2013. This PAP will be perfect for us. Yes it's an unexpected outlay of ~ $850, but then so was my car's A/C last month. We are so excited about being able to do a water park for a few hours, buzz over to Disney Quest, and still check out a park. No need to rush any location, or feel guilty about not getting our $$ worth.

We already have 2 sets of AP vouchers purchased at $893 for each set of 2, but this offer is just too good to pass on. We per-purchased the AP vouchers when bonus money was available, and as a hedge against future price increases. So now with our current long term vacation planning, we shouldn't need tickets again until 2018/2019, maybe longer if we do US/SW one cycle. And by then, I'll be ready to retire!! Just printed off copies of our previously purchased vouchers and email confirmations - they go into the safe deposit box tomorrow!!

For those who have posted that they already purchased their AP Vouchers, see if you can afford to buy the PAP's and plan on using the AP vouchers in the future. With the consistent 5 - 10% ticket price increases, your previously purchased AP vouchers will have a great ROR.
my to-do list today included writing a 'presentation' to my DH explaining why we must buy these new tix, despite having a voucher and MYW tix ready to go for next round of tix and just paying off our January cruise. I'll just cut & paste your rationale. Don't suppose you've worked up a corresponding venn diagram?
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #57
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan2kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 930

Question Cheshire...

I'm sorry to be a nudge, but I am still wondering (and can't get confirmation). If I arrive on 11/30/12 - can I take my existing DVC AP's (that expire 5 days later on 12/05/2012) and upgrade them to a PAP for my 5 day stay for NO money? I have 2 adult ap's and 2 children ap's. I honestly don't remember what I paid for them. But if I can upgrade them to PAP's for this next stay I'm excited. Any help is appreciated!
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DS(8) PeePee Daisy

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #58
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You could probably activate it later by paying the difference to full price (my guess). Its not going to be automatically activated on 12/31/13 (not a guess).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

you will receive a voucher that must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2013.


I would say it would void it out, but that is just my guess. The wording of "must" be redeemed no later that Dec. 31 is pretty clear.
That's what I am afraid of so as tempting as it is I may have to restrain myself unless I can convince hubby to squeeze in a trip in Nov 2013 so I can activate them
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #59
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,021
DISboards Moderator

Ok...I have my 8 day, hopper, expire after 14 days pass in hand...bought it from UT months ago, for my Dec trip. I was going to upgrade it to a DVC AP. So....I use it to get into a park, on my first day. Then, on my way out, I stop and upgrade it to the AP. But now??? I assume that works for the PAP as well?? Do I have this right??? Didn't think I was going twice this year, but that looks to have changed...so will get the PAP if I can.
BUT...if I used my hopper, for my trip, could I then upgrade it before leaving WDW? Or does it have to be done that first day?
__________________

Last edited by goofy4tink; 09-14-2012 at 08:22 AM.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #60
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22 View Post
Cheshire:

I have two 10 day MYW tickets I purchased through UT and they were less than $399. Will I get current gate price or what I paid? Do I have to use them once before I upgrade to the DVC PAP?
Yes. See Post #7 and Post #18-C of the sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this forum.

Quote:
And, I have 2 ap vouchers. One I paid over $399 for...not sure what to do there, but the other is older and I paid $373 for. Will I receive credit for what I paid for that voucher...how will that one work?

Thanks for your help. Trying to figure out what to do.
A regular AP voucher is valid until used. You should be to use them, although normally no refund will be given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids View Post
I'm sorry to be a nudge, but I am still wondering (and can't get confirmation). If I arrive on 11/30/12 - can I take my existing DVC AP's (that expire 5 days later on 12/05/2012) and upgrade them to a PAP for my 5 day stay for NO money? I have 2 adult ap's and 2 children ap's. I honestly don't remember what I paid for them. But if I can upgrade them to PAP's for this next stay I'm excited. Any help is appreciated!
You should be able to do this. Of course these will still expire on December 5, 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Ok...I have my 8 day, hopper, expire after 14 days pass in hand...bought it from UT months ago, for my Dec trip. I was going to upgrade it to a DVC AP. So....I use it to get into a park, on my first day. Then, on my way out, I stop and upgrade it to the AP. But now??? I assume that works for the PAP as well?? Do I have this right??? Didn't think I was going twice this year, but that looks to have changed...so will get the PAP if I can.
BUT...if I used my hopper, for my trip, could I then upgrade it before leaving WDW? Or does it have to be done that first day?
As in Post #7 of the sticky, it is best to do an upgrade early in the trip as it will give you all AP benefits immediately. And Post #18-C will also help.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.