Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #286
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
So, I'm good to go if I use my expiring 8 day hoppers on Thursday at MK (for the first time), then head to Guest Services, DVC card in hand, and upgrade to the PremAP inside the park at some point?
I have always upgraded at Guest Services OUTSIDE the park. I don't know if the ones inside the parks handle money and/or credit cards.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #287
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I have always upgraded at Guest Services OUTSIDE the park. I don't know if the ones inside the parks handle money and/or credit cards.
They do. We upgraded our first APs at in-park Guest Services.
FigNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #288
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I can echo that the inside guest relations offices can do upgrades, we've done them at MK and Epcot several times.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #289
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
So, I'm good to go if I use my expiring 8 day hoppers on Thursday at MK (for the first time), then head to Guest Services, DVC card in hand, and upgrade to the PremAP inside the park at some point?
Personally I would suggest doing the upgrade as early in the trip as possible. It does not matter when you do the upgrade but the expiration date will be one year from the date of first use of the ticket you will be upgrading from, not one year from the date of upgrade.

This will allow all the PAP benefits/discounts during the trip.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #290
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

Thanks for the info! We had been talking about this after our last trip and somebody was telling us to go ahead and get the DVC AP's. Looks like we might just have to grab these and try to get 2-3 trips into them.
TheDisneyBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #291
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Personally I would suggest doing the upgrade as early in the trip as possible. It does not matter when you do the upgrade but the expiration date will be one year from the date of first use of the ticket you will be upgrading from, not one year from the date of upgrade.

This will allow all the PAP benefits/discounts during the trip.
Thanks Mike...that's what I'll be doing. Heading to MK on Thursday when we arrive. I'll use the pass to enter MK, and then when I'm heading out of the park, I'll stop by GS and get it upgraded to my PremAP!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #292
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Is there a "Break even" price for these? I am tempted, now that we have booked the Member cruise, we will add a few days at BLT, hopefully, and wonder how many days will make it worth it for us to have the Annual Pass? I don't know the current prices for one park a day, which is really our speed. No grandkids yet, just us. Thanks, hope someone has a calculation somewhere.
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #293
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-A which is the c0mplete regular price list. Note that special DVC PAP is $399. All prices show do not include the 6.6% sales tax. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #294
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

We were able to upgrade our current DVC APs to PAPs last week! They still have the original expiration of August 15, but we got the chance to use the water park already. The 20% discount is also a great perk! SO glad I have the Disboards to learn valuable information!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #295
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
We were able to upgrade our current DVC APs to PAPs last week! They still have the original expiration of August 15, but we got the chance to use the water park already. The 20% discount is also a great perk! SO glad I have the Disboards to learn valuable information!
The 20% discount ended on 12/31/12 for Walt Disney World PAPs. Now they get 10% like the regular APs.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #296
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckryan View Post
The 20% discount ended on 12/31/12 for Walt Disney World PAPs. Now they get 10% like the regular APs.
Thanks! Glad we got to take advantage of it for a week!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: