Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #241
carstinsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Yes, as long as the tickets you are getting with the package are $399 before taxes.
Great thanks, should be easy talking my dh into an extra trip now,lol
2012- CSR,2011- AKL-2009 GCV first trip to DL, 2009 -SSR - first trip home, 2006 - Christmas at AS Movies, 2004 - First Stay at Pop, 2003 - AS Sports(dd first trip), 1999 - Day Trip,1998 - Off Property (ds first trip), 1995 - Off Property,1994 - Off Property, 1992 - Honeymoon,Contp.&DCL - land and sea
carstinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #242
carstinsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Yes, that shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you!
2012- CSR,2011- AKL-2009 GCV first trip to DL, 2009 -SSR - first trip home, 2006 - Christmas at AS Movies, 2004 - First Stay at Pop, 2003 - AS Sports(dd first trip), 1999 - Day Trip,1998 - Off Property (ds first trip), 1995 - Off Property,1994 - Off Property, 1992 - Honeymoon,Contp.&DCL - land and sea
carstinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #243
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Amex is running a deal with Florida Ticket Station. Its $25 off. Would I be able to buy tickets from this company and upgrade to a DVC Premium Annual Pass once I get there?
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #244
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emagine View Post
Confused..

We are in the World Halloween week and our AP expires in Nov. We go again in March, then will pick Nov. This is our regular pattern.We are DVC members and trying to decide if this is worth it. We usually buy when it is trip time and fit in 3 trips. If we do this and save they would expire in Nov 2013 based on purchase? Right?
What I would suggest is before December 31 contact MS and purchase the PAP vouchers (or exchange certificates or will-call). When you go in March, then activate the vouchers to live passes. They will be good until that same date in March 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Amex is running a deal with Florida Ticket Station. Its $25 off. Would I be able to buy tickets from this company and upgrade to a DVC Premium Annual Pass once I get there?
Yes. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information on how to handle it. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #245
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
What I would suggest is before December 31 contact MS and purchase the PAP vouchers (or exchange certificates or will-call). When you go in March, then activate the vouchers to live passes. They will be good until that same date in March 2014.

Yes. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information on how to handle it. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!
Thanks! I will check it out. I have upgraded to an annual pass with tickets I got through a package in the past but, never through a 3rd party seller.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #246
gwmort
DIS Veteran

We are going down for thanksgiving week. I've pre-purchased 2 6 day PH w/ WPFM and ws planning on getting two more at check in. Can I upgrade the pre-purchased tickets at OKW?

I don't really understand the using them first part people mention.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #247
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
We are going down for thanksgiving week. I've pre-purchased 2 6 day PH w/ WPFM and ws planning on getting two more at check in. Can I upgrade the pre-purchased tickets at OKW?

I don't really understand the using them first part people mention.
No. You cannot do anything related to a live AP at any Resort. It must be done at a Park ticket or Guest Relations window.

Six day adult hopper with WPF&M is worth $357. Promo PAP is $399. Difference is $42 plus $2.73 tax equals $44.73 each to upgrade.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #7 and Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #248
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
No. You cannot do anything related to a live AP at any Resort. It must be done at a Park ticket or Guest Relations window.

Six day adult hopper with WPF&M is worth $357. Promo PAP is $399. Difference is $42 plus $2.73 tax equals $44.73 each to upgrade.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #7 and Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!
Thanks.

There are 4 of us all together. Should I get two more hoppers in advance to upgrade all 4 when I get there or should I just wait and get the PAP's when we get there? Is there an advantage one way or the other?
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #249
Nennie
Insert funny comment here!

Is there a guest services location outside of the gates at MK? We have tickets that we are upgrading to PAPs (City Hall CMs put an exception on them to allow us to do the upgrade past the normal 14 days), but they are technically considered "dead" as far as the gates are concerned, so won't be able to use them to enter the park.

Is there a place at MK outside of the gates that I can use to do the upgrade?

(I always assumed I'd go to City Hall, but then it just hit me that the tix won't work at the gate!!!)

Thanks!!!

Trips since we joined DVC (and upcoming trips too!)
10/05 - Beach Club Villas;1/06 - Beach Club Villas; 9/06 - Beach Club Villas
1/07 - Beach Club Villas; 5/07 - Beach Club Villas;9/07 - Beach Club Villas
5/08 - Boardwalk Villas; 5/09 - Boardwalk Villas (Baby's first trip!);5/09 - Boardwalk Villas (Baby's second trip! LOL!)
9/09 - Bay Lake Tower;9/10 - POP (3 nights FD) followed by Beach Club Villas
1/11 - Beach Club Villas; 5/11 Boardwalk; 9/11 - Beach Club Villas; 9/12 Bay Lake Tower
12/12 Saratoga; 1/13 Beach Club; 7/13 Offsite; 9/13 Beach Club
Nennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #250
biggie97
Earning My Ears

Smile

I bought 7 day MYW tickets from UT last spring (prior to price increase) and thinking of upgrading our tickets to PAP when we go this November. I read the sticky about activating the tickets first to get the current value for reimbursement but I am still unclear how much they will credit me?

Will they deduct 1 day from my ticket or give me the full value?

If I don't don't activate them will they give me the same $amt that I paid UT or the value that Disney was charging at that time?
Would appreciate any clarification!
biggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #251
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. If you use the ticket first, they will then "bridge" the price to the current gate value of the ticket.

2. If you do not use the ticket first, they will only allow you the wholesale amount Disney got when it sold the ticket to UCT.

3. Any time you upgrade a ticket, it is as if you had the new ticket from the start, so they don't deduct anything.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #252
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nennie View Post
Is there a guest services location outside of the gates at MK? We have tickets that we are upgrading to PAPs (City Hall CMs put an exception on them to allow us to do the upgrade past the normal 14 days), but they are technically considered "dead" as far as the gates are concerned, so won't be able to use them to enter the park.

Is there a place at MK outside of the gates that I can use to do the upgrade?

(I always assumed I'd go to City Hall, but then it just hit me that the tix won't work at the gate!!!)

Thanks!!!
MK Guest Services to the right of stroller rental. All parks have guest services you can access prior to entering and there is one at Downtown Disney, too.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #253
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Cheshire, on another thread someone commented that if you upgraded the newly discount DVC PAP to the premiere, that they will only give you a $399 credit and not the full price of the PAP. Is this true? Have you had any experience with this yet?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #254
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

I am really close to ordering UT tickets and then bridging them to upgrade to PAP after the first use. Does anyone know how long it takes to do this at the ticket booth? Is it really complicated? Also, can you use your ticket to enter the park and upgrade right after you enter, or are you better off waiting until the end of the day or the next day? Just a little worried that there will be complications, since I've never done this before, and the discounted PAP is new. I did check out the sticky. What a great piece of information! Thank you Cheshire. Just looking for experiences from people who have done this recently, especially with the discounted PAP.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #255
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom
I am really close to ordering UT tickets and then bridging them to upgrade to PAP after the first use. Does anyone know how long it takes to do this at the ticket booth? Is it really complicated? Also, can you use your ticket to enter the park and upgrade right after you enter, or are you better off waiting until the end of the day or the next day? Just a little worried that there will be complications, since I've never done this before, and the discounted PAP is new. I did check out the sticky. What a great piece of information! Thank you Cheshire. Just looking for experiences from people who have done this recently, especially with the discounted PAP.
I bought discounted tickets from UT back in June before the price increase. I went to the parks (MK) this past Saturday at 6-7 ish, we stopped at guest relations outside the park on the way out 10-11 ish and upgraded no problem whatsoever, the total came out to the same total I figured out before hand and it took no more than 5-10 mins for the whole transaction.
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: