Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #196
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Just upgraded my 4 day hopper to the DVC PAP at AK this morning with no issues. It's going to be fun year!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #197
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

Good for folks who are going to get a massively reduced PAP!!!!

I bought a regular AP back in August, and while I would LOVE to 'upgrade' to a PAP, I'm fine with it. I don't 'need' a PAP as I have a non expire 10 day bought about 6 years ago that includes water parks so....I'm good on that front.

Now if only DVC would give us the perk of monthly AP payments...

tfc3rid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #198
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Just upgraded my 4 day hopper to the DVC PAP at AK this morning with no issues. It's going to be fun year!
Thanks for the "live" update. Enjoy your vacation!!

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #199
Mama2Matthew
and Natalie, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22

This probably doesn't bring in the cashflow that they were looking for. ??
While this is true, they are still missing out by not allowing the "free upgrade." We just got our DVC APs at the beginning of September. We have never gotten the premiums and were actually wondering how much we would use the extra benefits. We will be back down in December. When I saw this deal and thought there was a chance for an upgrade, I told my husband to get ready to add an extra trip to focus on the water parks since we have never been. Also, how much more would we justify in souvenirs because we could save 20%, lol? We don't buy APs every year, only when scheduling works, so I'm not interested in buying a voucher for next year. I have no problem with the fact that I paid more than the promotion amount. I have a problem with not being allowed to convert my more expensive pass for the remaining term because I paid more. I find the spin they are using about how I can buy a new voucher and hold it until next year pretty annoying. I just spent $1800 on these passes and am not jumping to throw down more money at Christmas to get the deal. I guess we'll just miss this one. I'm sure it will save us money in the long run, because once my kids get to try the water parks I suspect we will always be buying those tickets...
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #200
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Is there any way to find out how much we paid for our current annual passes? Thanks!

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #201
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Just upgraded our regular DVC AP's to the new DVC PAP's at DHS this morning. Upgraded mine and DH's AP's that expire in December, and DS's AP that expires in June. Cost us $44 to upgrade the 3 passes. It was very easy, and the cast member knew exactly what to do. Took 5 minutes. FYI, these were DVC AP renewals which cost $385, which is less than the $399 price of the new DVC PAP's.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #202
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
Just upgraded our regular DVC AP's to the new DVC PAP's at DHS this morning. Upgraded mine and DH's AP's that expire in December, and DS's AP that expires in June. Cost us $44 to upgrade the 3 passes. It was very easy, and the cast member knew exactly what to do. Took 5 minutes. FYI, these were DVC AP renewals which cost $385, which is less than the $399 price of the new DVC PAP's.
Yea! this is exactly what we are hoping to do next week when we arrive. Thank you for posting!

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #203
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

Thinking of getting a PAP for my wife and was wondering if I can pick it up for her using my member card and her ID or must she be present? Was thinking of running over before dinner to International Gateway...

I just got a regular AP back in August... Wish I could upgrade somehow... Oh well...

tfc3rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #204
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
Thinking of getting a PAP for my wife and was wondering if I can pick it up for her using my member card and her ID or must she be present? Was thinking of running over before dinner to International Gateway...

I just got a regular AP back in August... Wish I could upgrade somehow... Oh well...
We have bought the regular Annual pass with DVC pricing, and each person had to be there with ID.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #205
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Thanks for the report! Been waiting for this
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #206
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Matthew View Post
While this is true, they are still missing out by not allowing the "free upgrade." We just got our DVC APs at the beginning of September. We have never gotten the premiums and were actually wondering how much we would use the extra benefits. We will be back down in December. When I saw this deal and thought there was a chance for an upgrade, I told my husband to get ready to add an extra trip to focus on the water parks since we have never been. Also, how much more would we justify in souvenirs because we could save 20%, lol? We don't buy APs every year, only when scheduling works, so I'm not interested in buying a voucher for next year. I have no problem with the fact that I paid more than the promotion amount. I have a problem with not being allowed to convert my more expensive pass for the remaining term because I paid more. I find the spin they are using about how I can buy a new voucher and hold it until next year pretty annoying. I just spent $1800 on these passes and am not jumping to throw down more money at Christmas to get the deal. I guess we'll just miss this one. I'm sure it will save us money in the long run, because once my kids get to try the water parks I suspect we will always be buying those tickets...
I'm sitting on 3 tickets I cannot convert. Not thrilled either and still trying to decide what I will do as well.
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #207
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Im sp happy for you but irritated with member services because they told me that this was not possible. I wasted an hour today. being transferred all around with no success. Then I read that is possible..
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #208
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Member services told me the same thing today. I had asked more than a week ago and they had to research the answer for me.
They told me today that AP are not transferable and can't be upgraded. They also said they don't have the system to do the upgrade. If anyone is able to do this over the phone, ease let me know. They transferred me to ticket fulfillment and they said it was doc's job. So frustrating!
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #209
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
They told me today that AP are not transferable and can't be upgraded. They also said they don't have the system to do the upgrade. If anyone is able to do this over the phone, ease let me know. They transferred me to ticket fulfillment and they said it was doc's job. So frustrating!
I'm sure this has to be done in person, at the parks, between today and Dec 31st. I would not have expected to be able to do the upgrade over the phone. We are lucky that we are here during the promotion time - our next trip starts January 1st, so we would have missed out also.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #210
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure this has to be done in person, at the parks, between today and Dec 31st. I would not have expected to be able to do the upgrade over the phone. We are lucky that we are here during the promotion time - our next trip starts January 1st, so we would have missed out also.
I just don't believe as sophisticated a company as wdw can't upgrade a ticket over the phone.
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: