Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #166
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
Yes. You can't even downgrade them if you were trying to in October once the new deal started because you paid more of the DVC AP then the DVC PAP costs during the promotion.

There are lots of us in the same position. We were debating just buying the $399 DVC PAP and holding on to our vouchers for the regular DVC AP, but decided not to do so.
This just seems so ridiculous to me that we can't just do an exchange for the PAP. I am also in the same boat, arriving 10/4 and picking up my DVC APs at will call
Old 09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #167
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have not seen the public notice. What I have seen has been the internal information which is available to those of us who sell tickets and/or work Guest Relations. I have also talked to both Member Services and WDW Ticket Operations.

And one of my favorite sayings is:

Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing??!!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #168
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckryan View Post
You can upgrade to the DVC PAP, but you will not get a refund of the difference between the DVC AP and DVC PAP. If I were you, I'd buy the DVC PAP certificate now, before 12/31/12, and then when your current DVC APs run out in July, you can activate the DVC PAP certificates.
Figment - that is a hilarious line and when I read on my phone I didn't get the full impact of how funny without the large colorful font

McKryan - thanks for info - pretty sure I paid slightly more than 399 for those - which I forgot to post - so am I still able to upgrade them? They are already activated and used as I said and expire in July. Hoping this is correct but weary given all of the recent posts from Figment...fingers crossed.....
Old 09-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #169
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post
Figment - that is a hilarious line and when I read on my phone I didn't get the full impact of how funny without the large colorful font

McKryan - thanks for info - pretty sure I paid slightly more than 399 for those - which I forgot to post - so am I still able to upgrade them? They are already activated and used as I said and expire in July. Hoping this is correct but weary given all of the recent posts from Figment...fingers crossed.....
Can anyone clarify for me if I can or can't upgrade these with no charge in November when I go? McKryan says yes but I am pretty sure I paid more than 399 ( it was after the price increase even though DVC Aps) Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #170
SEC71
Mouseketeer

So we might be able to upgrade to PAP with a regular DVC annual pass voucher?
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #171
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC71 View Post
So we might be able to upgrade to PAP with a regular DVC annual pass voucher?
I don't have a voucher I have a pass that I bought activated and used in July but I am very confused with what is ok and what is not.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #172
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The official word is that if you have any pass, annual or otherwise, that has a gate price more than $399 (plus tax) you cannot upgrade. Also, if you have a voucher or exchange certificate or will-call which cost more than $399 you cannot upgrade it.

If you have one of these, the only thing you can do is buy a voucher during the promotion period and use it when you current pass expires next year.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #173
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing my DH should be able to upgrade to the PAP. He has a renewed AP that we we picked up in August. Since it cost $385 to renew, I'm thinking he would be able to pay the difference and upgrade. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks when we arrive on Oct. 12th.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #174
SEC71
Mouseketeer

Confused - Can I activate a voucher for a regular annual pass as a PAP?

I bought 2 adults and 1 child DVC regular annual pass vouchers for $1,303 before the price increase. Can I use this voucher and get a PAP? If not I will just activiate them as regular passes because I cannot spend another $1,274 on passes. I would buy more merchandise if I could activate them as PAP. If not, I will not buy merchandise during my October and December trips.
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #175
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Cheshire:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The official word is that if you have any pass, annual or otherwise, that has a gate price more than $399 (plus tax) you cannot upgrade. Also, if you have a voucher or exchange certificate or will-call which cost more than $399 you cannot upgrade it.

If you have one of these, the only thing you can do is buy a voucher during the promotion period and use it when you current pass expires next year.
So does this mean I can upgrade my kids AP's (which were around $386 I think) for free... but I can't upgrade me and DH (which were $416 I think)?

If so... wondering if its worth it...for Disneyquest...and then just pay adult admission for entry for me and DH?

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #176
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks again Figment. One more question - We are temporarily staying with my inlaws for a few months while work done on our house. I have updated my DL in August for new address so can we buy FIL an annual pass when he comes with us in Nov? His address matches ours but I didn't change the DVC address (just fwding any mail I dind't move yet). I can change it if needed to match my ID but want to know in advance so I don't make a mistake.. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #177
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing my DH should be able to upgrade to the PAP. He has a renewed AP that we we picked up in August. Since it cost $385 to renew, I'm thinking he would be able to pay the difference and upgrade. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks when we arrive on Oct. 12th.
Yes. It will cost $14.91 including tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC71 View Post
I bought 2 adults and 1 child DVC regular annual pass vouchers for $1,303 before the price increase. Can I use this voucher and get a PAP? If not I will just activate them as regular passes because I cannot spend another $1,274 on passes. I would buy more merchandise if I could activate them as PAP. If not, I will not buy merchandise during my October and December trips.
No. The vouchers come to more than the price of the promotional PAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids View Post
So does this mean I can upgrade my kids AP's (which were around $386 I think) for free... but I can't upgrade me and DH (which were $416 I think)?

If so... wondering if its worth it...for Disneyquest...and then just pay adult admission for entry for me and DH?
Yes. you can upgrade the APs which cost less than $399 (plus tax). It will not be free; just the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post
Thanks again Figment. One more question - We are temporarily staying with my inlaws for a few months while work done on our house. I have updated my DL in August for new address so can we buy FIL an annual pass when he comes with us in Nov? His address matches ours but I didn't change the DVC address (just fwding any mail I didn't move yet). I can change it if needed to match my ID but want to know in advance so I don't make a mistake.. Thanks.
As long as you have a Member Card and their address is the same as yours (related and same household) you can get them the PAP.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #178
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

OK, I have a question, that may have been answered already, sorry if it has. As annoyed as I am, that I cannot do anything with the 2 AP vouchers I have paid for, and will pick up next week, I would really like a PAP for the extra discount.
If I go to pick up my current vouchers, can I buy a PAP, and pick up one AP voucher, and then wait until next August when the kids go with us, to pick up the other AP voucher?? Or can they hand me a physical voucher for the 2nd AP and then activate it next August.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #179
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

At the parks a week from today.....

I will be at WDW Oct 5-15. My DVC AP expires 10/12/2012 and I planned on not doing the parks after the 12th - then renewing by 12/31/2012 for the DVC PAP voucher online or over the phone for my trip in the spring.

I didn't even think about upgrading MY CURRENT one as well so that I could use the "added magic" Oct 5-12!! Problem is, I have no idea what I paid for it. Same with my 4 year old's child DVC AP. How can I find out? Would DVC MS know?

I have a DVC AP voucher at WC for DH. Paid $452 total, which must be $399 +6.5% tax... so I figure I can upgrade his to the promotional DVC PAP when we pick it up on the 5th at Guest Relations??

Now what to do about the older kids..... The price is so tempting - I'm going to pay over $300 for their park hoppers anyway.....
dkfogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #180
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing my DH should be able to upgrade to the PAP. He has a renewed AP that we we picked up in August. Since it cost $385 to renew, I'm thinking he would be able to pay the difference and upgrade. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks when we arrive on Oct. 12th

Quote:
Yes. It will cost $14.91 including tax.

Thank you for this good news.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: