Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #151
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

It is also possible to buy an Exchange Certificate at any ticket window for any ticket we can sell. However, since it is almost never done, most people selling tickets don't know they can do it.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #152
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
I just got off the phone with Ticketing Administration. The internal notice does say on it:

"NOTE: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value"

So refunds will not be done.

However, it was suggested that the Guest who comes between October 1 and December 31, 2012, purchase a voucher in advance and hold it until their current AP expires and then exchange it for a PAP next year.
Chesire, Is it "still looking like" those of us arriving on 9/29/12 with 6 day MYW tix from UT will be able to use them for 2 days and then upgrade to DVC PAPs for $399 on 10/1/12? I know the big ? here is that the DVC PAPs would then be dated back to Sept. before the new promo began. If this is not possible, we will just upgrade to a regular DVC AP on 10/1/12 for $425. I was just wondering if anything had changed in the "Ticketing Information System" about this.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #153
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is also possible to buy an Exchange Certificate at any ticket window for any ticket we can sell. However, since it is almost never done, most people selling tickets don't know they can do it.
Thanks for this info! So, it's called a "voucher" if you buy it by phone/website, and it's called a "certificate" if you buy it in person to activate later?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #154
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

We have new DVC AP vouchers and are arriving on 9/28. My understanding is that once we redeem our vouchers on the 28th, we're locked in and can't upgrade/downgrade/sidegrade to the discounted passes. Is that true?

gkrykewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #155
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrykewy View Post
We have new DVC AP vouchers and are arriving on 9/28. My understanding is that once we redeem our vouchers on the 28th, we're locked in and can't upgrade/downgrade/sidegrade to the discounted passes. Is that true?
Yes. You can't even downgrade them if you were trying to in October once the new deal started because you paid more of the DVC AP then the DVC PAP costs during the promotion.

There are lots of us in the same position. We were debating just buying the $399 DVC PAP and holding on to our vouchers for the regular DVC AP, but decided not to do so.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #156
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
There are lots of us in the same position. We were debating just buying the $399 DVC PAP and holding on to our vouchers for the regular DVC AP, but decided not to do so.
I would do that if I weren't planning to visit the parks 9/28 through 9/30, but alas. I also wouldn't mind investing in some discounted PAPs to hold for later, but that "redeem by december 2013" bit nixes that. Oh well.

gkrykewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #157
claire_ont
Mouseketeer

Quick question - If I get the vouchers for a PAP and I have to cancel my trip planned next spring, can I redeem them by phone in say Dec, or do I have to have everyone in person at the parks to redeem. I understand that the clock will start ticking on the year as soon as I redeem them, but they would still be available then for the trips (2 - spring and before Christmas) I have planned in 2014.

Claire

claire_ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #158
twinkle49
Mouseketeer

I have read through half of these pages and started get too confused for my own good, so I'm sorry if this has been asked. Right now we have DVC APs that we renewed in July at the renewal rate I believe was $385(plus tax) and we used them during our July trip and they expire July 2013. Would I be able to upgrade these to the DVC PAP when we return in November and pay the difference?? Also if I'm not able to do this and end up buying the DVC PAP activating it in July of 2013 - what happens in July of 2014 - would I be able to renew it to a regular DVC AP at the renewal rate or would I have to start over and buy a regular DVC AP?? I hope that last part made some sense. Thanks.

twinkle49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #159
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire_ont View Post
Quick question - If I get the vouchers for a PAP and I have to cancel my trip planned next spring, can I redeem them by phone in say Dec, or do I have to have everyone in person at the parks to redeem. I understand that the clock will start ticking on the year as soon as I redeem them, but they would still be available then for the trips (2 - spring and before Christmas) I have planned in 2014.

Claire
As far as I know, you can only redeem/activate them in person. You have to show ID.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #160
DougK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Obviously the ability to even see the pricing on an Automated Ticketing System terminal will not be available until October 1 to prevent attempting to do a sale.

However, I know when I am in a window my terminal has the capability of selling Exchange Certificates for any ticket, including any type/level of Annual Pass. So I would expect that capability.

When you buy one of these, make sure it has the word "cert" or "certificate" on the ticket. Not very many people realize we have this capability.
Thanks for your help on this and many other questions. I have learned alot from you on this board. Maybe I should look for you when I am there later this year! Then I know I will get exactly what I need.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #161
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm having a hard time keeping it all straight....
I purchased DVD PAP on-line in May and have the Will Call vouchers (email). I have not used them. We have a trip planned for December.

If I had purchased DVC AP's (at a lower price), it looks like I could have upgraded to DVC PAP's between Oct 1 and Dec 31st. If I had waited until Oct 1 to purchase my DVD PAP, I would have been able to buy them at $399 each.

For my family, this is a cost difference of approximately $800. I'm having a hard time understanding that I paid $800 more because I purchased them early.

Is there ANY possibility of a refund or credit of any type?
Again - I have not used my DVD PAP will call vouchers.
Past: AKV, Dec '14, AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78 [/COLOR]
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #162
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Chesire, Is it "still looking like" those of us arriving on 9/29/12 with 6 day MYW tix from UT will be able to use them for 2 days and then upgrade to DVC PAPs for $399 on 10/1/12? I know the big ? here is that the DVC PAPs would then be dated back to Sept. before the new promo began. If this is not possible, we will just upgrade to a regular DVC AP on 10/1/12 for $425. I was just wondering if anything had changed in the "Ticketing Information System" about this.
Yes. This can be done. The expiration date of the PAP will be 9/29/13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Thanks for this info! So, it's called a "voucher" if you buy it by phone/website, and it's called a "certificate" if you buy it in person to activate later?
The terms voucher and exchange certificate can be used interchangeably, and they are effectively the same as will-call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrykewy View Post
That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire_ont View Post

Claire
No. A voucher/EC/WC can only be converted to a live AP at a WDW ticket or GR window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle49 View Post
I have read through half of these pages and started get too confused for my own good, so I'm sorry if this has been asked. Right now we have DVC APs that we renewed in July at the renewal rate I believe was $385(plus tax) and we used them during our July trip and they expire July 2013. Would I be able to upgrade these to the DVC PAP when we return in November and pay the difference?? Also if I'm not able to do this and end up buying the DVC PAP activating it in July of 2013 - what happens in July of 2014 - would I be able to renew it to a regular DVC AP at the renewal rate or would I have to start over and buy a regular DVC AP?? I hope that last part made some sense. Thanks.
As long as they were purchased at the renewal rate of $385 they can be upgraded under this promotion since they cost less than $399.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm having a hard time keeping it all straight....
I purchased DVD PAP on-line in May and have the Will Call vouchers (email). I have not used them. We have a trip planned for December.

If I had purchased DVC AP's (at a lower price), it looks like I could have upgraded to DVC PAP's between Oct 1 and Dec 31st. If I had waited until Oct 1 to purchase my DVD PAP, I would have been able to buy them at $399 each.

For my family, this is a cost difference of approximately $800. I'm having a hard time understanding that I paid $800 more because I purchased them early.

Is there ANY possibility of a refund or credit of any type?
Again - I have not used my DVD PAP will call vouchers.
According to Ticket Operations as long as what you have cost more than $399 you cannot do the upgrade or get a refund.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #163
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

According to Ticket Operations as long as what you have cost more than $399 you cannot do the upgrade or get a refund.
Member services told me the same thing today. I had asked more than a week ago and they had to research the answer for me.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #164
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I just got off the phone with Ticketing Administration. The internal notice does say on it:

"NOTE: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value"

So refunds will not be done.

However, it was suggested that the Guest who comes between October 1 and December 31, 2012, purchase a voucher in advance and hold it until their current AP expires and then exchange it for a PAP next year.
I'm confused - so does this mean that my current DVC APs that I bought and used in July now cannot be upgraded to PAP because they were more?

Do you have a link to the public notice? Does IT say that also do you know? It seems odd that they won't allow you to upgrade something that cost less but if it were the same they would - seems like a very strange rule to me. Will be very bummed if we can't upgrade now
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #165
mckryan
DIS Veteran

You can upgrade to the DVC PAP, but you will not get a refund of the difference between the DVC AP and DVC PAP. If I were you, I'd buy the DVC PAP certificate now, before 12/31/12, and then when your current DVC APs run out in July, you can activate the DVC PAP certificates.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: