Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #136
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAlli View Post
I have DVC Discounted AP's waiting for us at Will Call we arrive Oct 11th....I bought these I believe in June before price increase. I'd like to upgrade those to the PAP, I'm not concerned about a refund as I don't think it would be that much and the benefits of the PAP would out weigh the difference as well.

I do not want to purchase new vouchers as I'm not sure if future trips other than one next year...and I really don't want to put additional money out either. Should I activate the ones at will call and then go to Guest Relations and upgrade or can I do the upgrade at will call and be done. I'm planning on doing this at Epcot if that make a difference...
From what Cheshire just posted, I'm taking that to mean you can't upgrade to the discounted DVC PAPs with vouchers for DVC regular APs because you paid more for them. (even if you are willing to eat the cost difference)

Am I right?

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #137
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougK View Post
My AP expires at the end of January 2013. I understand that I can buy a new DVC PAP for $399 between October 1 and the end of 2012 and it will be a voucher which means the clock won't start ticking until I use it, which will be in April 2013. I don't want to renew my pass and have it expire at the end of January 2014 I want to use my pass in April 2013 and have it expire in April 2014.

What I am unclear on is can I purchase this voucher only on the DVC website or can I also do this at a Member Services window at the parks? I'm afraid if I buy at the parks they will do a renewal.

Thanks.
I would buy it on the DVC website and when you go in April activate it as a new PAP. Let your current AP expire at the end of January.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #138
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA

From what Cheshire just posted, I'm taking that to mean you can't upgrade to the discounted DVC PAPs with vouchers for DVC regular APs because you paid more for them. (even if you are willing to eat the cost difference)

Am I right?
This is what I would like to know to because our trip isn't until Dec and our vouchers are waiting at Will Call.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #139
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
This is what I would like to know to because our trip isn't until Dec and our vouchers are waiting at Will Call.
Ours are too and we're supposed to get them next month. I'm trying to justify just saving those and getting the discounted PAPs, but I really don't want $1k worth of passes just hanging out waiting for us to use them at the end of next year.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #140
RescueRanger
If you put $200 under your pillow at night, you will get a tag
I have no hots for Robinrs because I don't want the Mummy curse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougK

My AP expires at the end of January 2013. I understand that I can buy a new DVC PAP for $399 between October 1 and the end of 2012 and it will be a voucher which means the clock won't start ticking until I use it, which will be in April 2013. I don't want to renew my pass and have it expire at the end of January 2014 I want to use my pass in April 2013 and have it expire in April 2014.

What I am unclear on is can I purchase this voucher only on the DVC website or can I also do this at a Member Services window at the parks? I'm afraid if I buy at the parks they will do a renewal.

Thanks.
You cannot buy an unactivated voucher at WDW. If you buy it there it will be an active pass. You will have to buy it over the phone or from the website.

Me DW DD(20) DD(17) DSiL

RescueRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #141
ChrisAlli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
Ours are too and we're supposed to get them next month. I'm trying to justify just saving those and getting the discounted PAPs, but I really don't want $1k worth of passes just hanging out waiting for us to use them at the end of next year.
Exactly my issue.....I emailed ticketing last week and have not gotten a response, just that they recieved my email....Unless someone knows for sure I guess we just wait till someone trys it....I'll be there in 20 days!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #142
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougK View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueRanger View Post
You cannot buy an unactivated voucher at WDW. If you buy it there it will be an active pass. You will have to buy it over the phone or from the website.
Obviously the ability to even see the pricing on an Automated Ticketing System terminal will not be available until October 1 to prevent attempting to do a sale.

However, I know when I am in a window my terminal has the capability of selling Exchange Certificates for any ticket, including any type/level of Annual Pass. So I would expect that capability.

When you buy one of these, make sure it has the word "cert" or "certificate" on the ticket. Not very many people realize we have this capability.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #143
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Obviously the ability to even see the pricing on an Automated Ticketing System terminal will not be available until October 1 to prevent attempting to do a sale.

However, I know when I am in a window my terminal has the capability of selling Exchange Certificates for any ticket, including any type/level of Annual Pass. So I would expect that capability.

When you buy one of these, make sure it has the word "cert" or "certificate" on the ticket. Not very many people realize we have this capability.
That is good to know!

Re: not being able to upgrade an AP voucher to the DVC PAP, what if the voucher cost $399 or less? Could you upgrade to the PAP in that case? I have a DVC AP voucher from a couple of years ago that cost me $399 plus tax, exactly the same as the reduced-price DVC PAP.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #144
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I know how I would do it.

First have the CM in the window scan the voucher and see what it shows as the value. If it shows $424.94 (including tax) or less it will work.

Then ask the CM to be sure to do a regular upgrade on "Level 21" to the promotional PAP and not to do a quick upgrade.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #145
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know how I would do it.

First have the CM in the window scan the voucher and see what it shows as the value. If it shows $424.94 (including tax) or less it will work.

Then ask the CM to be sure to do a regular upgrade on "Level 21" to the promotional PAP and not to do a quick upgrade.
Thank you!! I really appreciate the time you spend here explaining the intricate details of Disney ticketing!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #146
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

I only read the first few pages of the thread but saw that someone asked if they may offer this to FL residents. Any chance of this happening? I'm still struggling over deciding between the weekday pass or the cheapest pass that includes parking. I want to visit several times per month and parking can really add up.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #147
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
I just got off the phone with Ticketing Administration. The internal notice does say on it:

"NOTE: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value"

So refunds will not be done.

However, it was suggested that the Guest who comes between October 1 and December 31, 2012, purchase a voucher in advance and hold it until their current AP expires and then exchange it for a PAP next year.
Thank you for posting this. 3 of my 4 current tickets are worth more so I guess that makes the decision for me.
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #148
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question. Sorry if this is in the thread I didn't go through all the pages.

So we are going to WDW Oct 3 and are DVC members. I bought DH a 4 day pass and we have decided we are going back in May with my little brother so I was planning to upgrade him to an AP when we get there in Oct so he will be covered both trips. So I would be able to pay the difference between the 4 day pass and the 399 to upgrade him to the PAP?

Also I have an AP expiring mid Oct so I am covered for the trip. But I was going to buy myself an AP and activate it in May (I don't want it activated before then so my end date is later). So can I get this deal for that? And how do I do it. I am fine with paying for it this year and taking a voucher in May. My understanding is that I get a voucher and have to submit it by Dec 31, 2013.

HRH/GFV Sept 5-Sept 13, 2014/GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #149
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyt_ca
I have a quick question. Sorry if this is in the thread I didn't go through all the pages.

So we are going to WDW Oct 3 and are DVC members. I bought DH a 4 day pass and we have decided we are going back in May with my little brother so I was planning to upgrade him to an AP when we get there in Oct so he will be covered both trips. So I would be able to pay the difference between the 4 day pass and the 399 to upgrade him to the PAP?

Also I have an AP expiring mid Oct so I am covered for the trip. But I was going to buy myself an AP and activate it in May (I don't want it activated before then so my end date is later). So can I get this deal for that? And how do I do it. I am fine with paying for it this year and taking a voucher in May. My understanding is that I get a voucher and have to submit it by Dec 31, 2013.
Yes and yes. Make sure he uses the tickets before you do the upgrade and make sure to upgrade no later than day 4 of using the ticket (and within 14 days max). On yours, just order a voucher thru DVC and ou can exchange it next May when your AP expires. You can't buy the voucher in the parks.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #150
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

Ok that is awesome news! This saves us some money and we had been wanting to take my little brother to Disney quest but it was too much extra but with this it's going to still be cheaper you made my day!

HRH/GFV Sept 5-Sept 13, 2014/GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: