Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Are there any character Thanksgiving day meals?

we'll be making our dining reservations next week (yay!) and besides the big dinner at the DLH in the grand ballroom, is there any other that has characters?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Goofy's Kitchen always has characters and they are open on Thanksgiving. I believe they add some seasonal dishes to the menu as well.

I assume Ariel's will also be serving on Thanksgiving, but I don't know if princesses are what your group wants.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Thanks - I think I'll look into Goofy's. We're doing Ariel's on a different day for lunch after a morning at BBB
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

While it is expensive, there is also a Thanksgiving Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom at the Disneyland Hotel every year and it has characters, but you go up to them instead of them coming to you.

It is indeed expensive, but the food is AMAZING! and the characters don't have long lines at all because they have so many setup around the ballroom and while it's a huge place, they also have duplicate buffets setup to minimize the distance from your table to the buffet.

I highly recommend it, if you can afford to do it.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
dizzymomx4
Mouseketeer

Ballroom...

How expensive is the buffet at the Ballroom? Do you know what characters are usually there and is it ok to be semi casual? We will be at the park all day and want to have a nice Thanksgiving dinner but want to be able to return to the park with comfy clothes.
My DS10 has suggested we eat at Blue Buyou...he loves the Beef Short Ribs! Is the price comperable to the dinner there?

We have done Goofy's kitchen once a long time ago for Thanksgiving (1998ish), any times since then , but when we ate there it was the normal buffet. How would I check to see what is being served at either place? Would it be with Disney Dining?

Thanks for your help! I am soooo excited to be going and not having to cook for the normal 30ish people but am going to miss my Black Friday tradition!

CARSLAND ...MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE!
DISNEYLAND ...TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT!

POLY 6/06 Our First trip to the World; CBR 6/09 celebrated 25th Anniversary and DS and DDL graduation

THANKSGIVING 2015....LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!
dizzymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymomx4 View Post
How expensive is the buffet at the Ballroom? Do you know what characters are usually there and is it ok to be semi casual? We will be at the park all day and want to have a nice Thanksgiving dinner but want to be able to return to the park with comfy clothes.
My DS10 has suggested we eat at Blue Buyou...he loves the Beef Short Ribs! Is the price comperable to the dinner there?

We have done Goofy's kitchen once a long time ago for Thanksgiving (1998ish), any times since then , but when we ate there it was the normal buffet. How would I check to see what is being served at either place? Would it be with Disney Dining?

Thanks for your help! I am soooo excited to be going and not having to cook for the normal 30ish people but am going to miss my Black Friday tradition!
Here is a link to last year's information:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/Ev...nksgiving.html

The one at the ballroom is the first one on the list, so $71 for adults and $18 for kids 3-9 is what is was then, figure probably about $5 higher this year (maybe less).

As I recall the price quoted includes tax and tip, but I am not sure. The characters vary and are many, including Stich, Chip, Dale, Donlad, Mickey, Goofy, Cinderella as I recall and the list goes on and on and on, depending on how far you are willing to walk around the ballroom (it is huge).

As for the food, I would rank as tons better than Blue Bayou and it's all you can eat! As for the price, well obviously for the adults, it's a bit more (depending on what you order at Blue Bayou I suppose).

As for Black Friday, Disneyland usually has sales for it as well (not always, but have on the couple of years that I have been).
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
dizzymomx4
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info...now to decide what to do!

CARSLAND ...MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE!
DISNEYLAND ...TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT!

POLY 6/06 Our First trip to the World; CBR 6/09 celebrated 25th Anniversary and DS and DDL graduation

THANKSGIVING 2015....LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!
dizzymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: