Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

light in the box dresses

Light in the box ..anyone do any business with this online company. DH & I are renewing our vows in a couple of months. I just saw a very pretty dress on this website. I generally do not order clothes online, so am very nervous. But the dress is so unique I am tempted.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I've had several friends use them for BM, and one for wedding dresses with great success.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I had a bad experience with them, I'm afraid. For one thing, they do not custom-make dresses to your measurements as they claim—they take a dress that is a size too small and let out the seams to accommodate your figure. Not only is this method hit-or-miss, it means there's not a lot a tailor can do to fix the dress if you need more room.

Also, the quality of the dress was nothing like the photo. The beading was cheap-looking and poorly done, with little threads sticking out and glue showing.

You'd never know this stuff from the user reviews on the site because they take down all the negative reviews. They wouldn't let me ship the dress back to China for a full refund, so they just gave me a partial refund and told me to keep it.

I do see the appeal in paying less for something you'll only wear once and will probably look OK in photos, if not up close. But I would say that Light in the Box probably works best if you are an easy-to-fit size and you pick a dress that doesn't have intricate details or complicated construction.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
LightInTheBox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I had a bad experience with them, I'm afraid. For one thing, they do not custom-make dresses to your measurements as they claim—they take a dress that is a size too small and let out the seams to accommodate your figure. Not only is this method hit-or-miss, it means there's not a lot a tailor can do to fix the dress if you need more room.

Also, the quality of the dress was nothing like the photo. The beading was cheap-looking and poorly done, with little threads sticking out and glue showing.

You'd never know this stuff from the user reviews on the site because they take down all the negative reviews. They wouldn't let me ship the dress back to China for a full refund, so they just gave me a partial refund and told me to keep it.

I do see the appeal in paying less for something you'll only wear once and will probably look OK in photos, if not up close. But I would say that Light in the Box probably works best if you are an easy-to-fit size and you pick a dress that doesn't have intricate details or complicated construction.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website, and our customer service team will help you there.

Thank you,

LightInTheBox
LightInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Deesknee

Thank you both for your responses.

Since I am not a typical shape, combined with the fact I was not looking for a wear it once dress, I will continue to look elsewhere. The appeal for me was the dress was unusual. It's not a wedding gown, but a dress appropriate for a low key vow renewal. I just wanted something unique. Sort of in between a gown and a dress a guest would wear to a wedding. I have been looking at mother of the bride style dresses (since that is my age group). But they all look so similiar. I have even thought of buying a gown and having it cut to a dress length. I am running out of time though. hahaa

Well, thank you again for your honest responses.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInTheBox View Post
Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website, and our customer service team will help you there.

Thank you,

LightInTheBox
Very interesting... did they just open an account just to reply to this thread?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily11212 View Post
Very interesting... did they just open an account just to reply to this thread?

I found that interesting too. odd.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInTheBox View Post
Dear Customer,

Thank you,

LightInTheBox
So... you're going to reopen my resolved case? And will you actually let me post my review on your site this time, or will that mysteriously disappear again?
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

So... you're going to reopen my resolved case? And will you actually let me post my review on your site this time, or will that mysteriously disappear again?
Ahahahahaha....

Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

This is too funny! I can't believe they would create an account just to try to cover up a bad review.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: