DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #556
nyck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04

Does anyone have a working link for the AP's? I keep getting an error when I click the link via member services.

Jen
I was able to still get to an active link if u go to DVCmember.com, then MEMBER PRIVILEGES, then Member perks, then Walt Disney World, then Walt Disney world annual pass savings, then Wdw annual pass saving again, then under "how to purchase a pass" click on WALT DISNEY WORLD TICKET STORE

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #557
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyck View Post
Why wait till literally the last minute? Everything major (banks, accounting offices,etc) closed at noon today. I am surprised MS was open till 4!

Go online to DVCmembers.com and just order it online through the link there.
Because I forgot. Been a bit busy lately.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #558
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyck View Post
I was able to still get to an active link if u go to DVCmember.com, then MEMBER PRIVILEGES, then Member perks, then Walt Disney World, then Walt Disney world annual pass savings, then Wdw annual pass saving again, then under "how to purchase a pass" click on WALT DISNEY WORLD TICKET STORE
Thanks so much for the directions on where to find the link. I had looked before and couldn't find. Just ordered them. Thanks so much! Happy New year!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #559
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf

Thanks so much for the directions on where to find the link. I had looked before and couldn't find. Just ordered them. Thanks so much! Happy New year!
Glad that you were able to order the passes before the deadline!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #560
DisOwl
Earning My Ears

Rudeness

What is it with all the rude comments about waiting to buy the pass until today? If you have nothing nice to say, then you should not say it at all. And, if you do not want to help someone, then don't and skip posting the negative messages.

Happy New Year to those who are helpful and happily participate in this online community!
DisOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #561
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisOwl View Post
What is it with all the rude comments about waiting to buy the pass until today? If you have nothing nice to say, then you should not say it at all. And, if you do not want to help someone, then don't and skip posting the negative messages.

Happy New Year to those who are helpful and happily participate in this online community!
^^^^^^ What she said!

Jen
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #562
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisOwl View Post

Rule one of message boards.

If you can't take the heat fingers off the keyboard

And appointing yourself "polite police" is not exactly "helpful and happy".
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #563
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Rule one of message boards.

If you can't take the heat fingers off the keyboard

And appointing yourself "polite police" is not exactly "helpful and happy".
Disagree.

And your argument goes both ways.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #564
Snoopygirl
DIS Veteran

My mom was talking to her friend (who lives in FL & goes to WDW a lot) and they were discussing the AP and how it has been changed to only getting 10% off now. Her friend said that since we activated our AP's in Dec we should be able to keep the 20% discount for the duration of the pass.....that Disney can't take that away since we used it before 1/1/13. What do you all think??? I haven't read the fine print on anything yet but it's something to maybe inquire about.

Snoopygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #565
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl View Post
My mom was talking to her friend (who lives in FL & goes to WDW a lot) and they were discussing the AP and how it has been changed to only getting 10% off now. Her friend said that since we activated our AP's in Dec we should be able to keep the 20% discount for the duration of the pass.....that Disney can't take that away since we used it before 1/1/13. What do you all think??? I haven't read the fine print on anything yet but it's something to maybe inquire about.
Perks are not part of the ticket, so yes the 20% discount can be terminated or lowered to 10% at any time. As Disney says:
Quote:
All offers are subject to availability and may change without notice.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #566
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl
Disney can and does change discounts offered to passholders and DVC members all the time. They are not guaranteed and any fine print probably says they can be ended or changed without notice.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #567
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
This promotion was announced in September and began Oct. 1st!! And you wait until 4 p.m. on NYE, the day the promotion ends, to call MS? *headdesk*

+1
Even though I answered in a previous post, besides being busy, I was on the fence about buying them. But I bought them through the link that was provided. I appreciate the help and finding where to grab them online.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #568
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Disney can and does change discounts offered to passholders and DVC members all the time. They are not guaranteed and any fine print probably says they can be ended or changed without notice.

But they provided an entire year's notice, it clearly stated that the extra 10% expired at the end of the year. This was clearly stated anywhere on the Disney site that talked about the 20% discount. Of course it also said that the 10% discount for the lower pass level would expire at the end of the year as well.

Now, if you want the 20% back, the simple solution is don't buy any merchandise and when asked by the survey people if you are buying merchandise, tell them no and tell them why you are not buying merchandise. The tricky part is getting other passholders to do this as well.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #569
radmcg
Mouseketeer

We bought our first PAP this year and with the 20% almost paid for itself with our first trip. I hope they reconsider the discount. One of the reasons I bought DVC was to be able to count on things not changing as much. we showed up at shades of green to purchase other family member passes and the 4 day park hopper was half price (nice surprise) for up to 6 of my family members but that changes from month to month. Anyway loved my PAP and the discount. Hate all the changes but thats life seems especially with Disney.
radmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #570
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

The 2013 benefits are online:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pas...ise-discounts/

Quote:

Merchandise Benefits and Discounts

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

To enjoy your 2013 benefits, you must present your valid Annual Pass at the time of purchase, booking, and/or redemption of any offer. Offers may not be combined with any other certificate, offer or discount. Offers apply to the Passholder only, unless otherwise noted. Offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability. 2013 Passholder benefits expire on December 31, 2013. All valid Passes will be subject to the enclosed benefits from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013

<snip>

Walt Disney World Resort Owned and Operated Merchandise Locations
Effective January 1, 2013, all Walt Disney World Passholders including Premier and Premium Passholders will be eligible for a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations. Please note that from time to time we evaluate our discounts and offers for Passholders and make adjustments so continue to check out Disneyworld.com/Passholder throughout the year for all the latest offers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: