DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #541
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I personally think it is a dumb move. People would pay more for for a PAP knowing they could make it up with the additional discount. After the DVC promotion ends, there's no reason to buy a PAP if you don't do water parks.
True. I guess my problem is that a lot of people already bought passes before this announcement and have certain expectations based on 2012 rules. Maybe they sold enough PAPs they don't care if no one else buys between 12/21 and 12/31. I just felt duped.

As I said... this pretty much covers them though. "Offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability."
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #542
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Well, the loss of the 20% discount just made my decision easier. I wasn't planning on using any of the plus benefits, so the 20% discount was my main incentive for buying. Since our 2013 trip is still tentative, I would have been taking a gamble by purchasing the PAP since we may not make it down there to activate it in time. Now that the 20% discount is off the table, I have no problem in waiting until we firm up our plans. Then I'll just pay the extra $25 and get a regular AP voucher with no deadline to activate.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #543
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

I was all set to purchase mine until the news hit. Disneyquest is not a huge draw to us. The waterparks would have been nice but we would have really only gone on weekends and I know it would always be crowded. But the 20% was huge to us as we like to shop and that discount would have been awesome.
So I guess I'll just stick with my regular AP.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #544
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Count me among those who will now NOT buy another PAP before Dec. 31. I guess we really don't need any more Disney merchandise anyway.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #545
LisaS
DIS Veteran

We rarely buy any Disney merchandise these days. We always look but we just don't find anything we like enough to buy.

We do enjoy the water parks but had stopped going because we stay only a few hours and it wasn't worth the price of admission. After buying a discounted PAP this past October, we went back to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time in ages and really enjoyed ourselves. We look forward to going again on our next trip. We also went to Disney Quest for the first time ever and had fun there too and will be going back for a few hours next trip.

I just bought PAP certificates a few days ago so that we can continue to enjoy Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest for another year. We might even give Blizzard Beach a try.

I'm sorry to lose the 20% shopping discount since, who knows, we might eventually find something we want to buy. Having the option to go to the water parks for only $14 more than the price of an AP renewal is a no-brainer for us.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #546
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Hey, prior to the 20% discount, Disney World only gave discounts at World of Disney. At least they are going to offer 10% at most locations.

Remember, the 20% was originally only supposed to be temporary. That being said, there is still a chance that they will extend it again, as I recall they have been doing that at about 1-2 days before it's set to expire.

That being said, there's not a lot of merchandise that I will buy in the parks, I live close enough to the Disneyland outlet that I can get discounted merchandise at a much more reasonable price, although they have been going up lately.

For us, we ended up buying the PAP, as it was only a few dollars difference between the 10 day pass and it, at least since we always get the park hopper option and we thought having the water parks added in there would be nice.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #547
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

So, the renewal for a regular annual pass is $410.03 with tax, and the premium annual pass with tax is $424.94??

We always go the first of March for 2 weeks, and I don't care much for the water parks or Disney Quest, and with the 20% discount cut to 10% as of next week, there is really no advantage? I think I will stick with the renewal of our regular annual passes at the lower price.

MickeysDuck!!
Mickeysduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #548
rbonner
Earning My Ears

Question about activation

Question, do I actually have to go through a turnstile to activate? Our current passes expire in Nov, and might not be there in Dec to walk through. Wondering if a phone call is enough.
rbonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #549
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbonner View Post
Question, do I actually have to go through a turnstile to activate? Our current passes expire in Nov, and might not be there in Dec to walk through. Wondering if a phone call is enough.
You don't simply walk through the turnstile. You must stop at Guest Relations with the PAP voucher (or other proof of purchase), photo ID and DVC member ID card. All PAP holders must be physically present to activate their passes.

You CAN have overlapping passes so if you will be visiting sometime before the November expiration of the current Passes, you could still activate the new PAPs. But they would expire one year from the exact activation date.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #550
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Tried to call this afternoon to get my pass but member services closed at 4. And of course it was 4 when I called.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #551
nyck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf
Tried to call this afternoon to get my pass but member services closed at 4. And of course it was 4 when I called.
Why wait till literally the last minute? Everything major (banks, accounting offices,etc) closed at noon today. I am surprised MS was open till 4!

Go online to DVCmembers.com and just order it online through the link there.

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #552
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyck View Post
Why wait till literally the last minute? Everything major (banks, accounting offices,etc) closed at noon today. I am surprised MS was open till 4!

Go online to DVCmembers.com and just order it online through the link there.
Does anyone have a working link for the AP's? I keep getting an error when I click the link via member services.

Jen
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #553
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
Does anyone have a working link for the AP's? I keep getting an error when I click the link via member services.

Jen
You can go the public route

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/

Click on Purchase Pass, then you'll see

View Discounted Pricing for:
• Florida Residents
• Disney Vacation Club Members

Click on "Disney Vacation Club Members "

You'll then be prompted to log in.
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #554
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
This promotion was announced in September and began Oct. 1st!! And you wait until 4 p.m. on NYE, the day the promotion ends, to call MS? *headdesk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyck View Post
+1
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #555
cc_nike
Earning My Ears

Buy them online.
cc_nike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: