DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #511
chitwnnole
Earning My Ears

Has Disney ever done something like this before? We are not DVC members yet but will be mid next year. Just checking to see if this has ever happened before?
chitwnnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #512
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

A few years ago they had a special promotion where a current Passholder could provide (a limited number of) referrals for others to get APs. The new APs were sold at a 10% discount and at the end of the promotion the current Passholders received a $25 Gift Card for each AP sold using their referrals.

Another recent promotion was AP renewals during a certain period would be renewed for 15 months instead of the normal 12, at the regular renewal price.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #513
krisnchris
Mouseketeer

Renewing this $399 PAP in 2014

Has anyone asked this? The CM at the ticket window at the TTC told me in Sept that you renew and pay the price paid on the original AP - so if you buy an AP and keep renewing, you are always paying the original price, not the current price. Is that really how it works, and would that work to keep getting this price on the PAP? It would be nice, but I'm not betting on it!
krisnchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #514
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnchris View Post
Has anyone asked this? The CM at the ticket window at the TTC told me in Sept that you renew and pay the price paid on the original AP - so if you buy an AP and keep renewing, you are always paying the original price, not the current price. Is that really how it works, and would that work to keep getting this price on the PAP? It would be nice, but I'm not betting on it!
I think there's some confusion. What they probably meant that if you are renewing an AP, you would pay the same $399 DVC promo price as if you were buying a new AP. You don't keep the same price next year when renewing unless they extend the promo.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #515
krisnchris
Mouseketeer

Well, no. I wasn't told that for the $399 deal. I was told that b/c we let our AP's expire from 2011-2012. So he said that if we renewed then we would get the 2011 price, not the 2012 price - just regular AP, not PAP. Was wondering if the same principal would apply for the PAP upon renewal of it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #516
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 MNSSHP and MVMCP Information
17. 2012/2013 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 3, 2012
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19A. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
19B. Special DVC Member Premium Annual Pass Promotion
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #517
ronzo555
Earning My Ears

Talking

Just closed 12-12-12 on a resale is it to late in the month to get PAP discount I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for MS to get our information.
ronzo555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #518
krisnchris
Mouseketeer

I looked at the sticky. Thanks! Very helpful. Not sure I understand at which rate this promotional PAP would renew at? Can you clarify? Thanks! For example, I buy the deal at the end of this month. Validate in Sept 2013. when I renew that in Sept 2014, what price will I pay?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #519
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzo555 View Post
Just closed 12-12-12 on a resale is it to late in the month to get PAP discount I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for MS to get our information.
They could very well get the info sooner than that. I'd phone MS before the end of the year and speak to the department which handles administration of new memberships (in other words, not the person who helps with reservations and ticket sales) to see if they have your info yet. Make sure you have your contract number and all other info provided from the closing from your broker and closing office.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #520
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnchris View Post
I looked at the sticky. Thanks! Very helpful. Not sure I understand at which rate this promotional PAP would renew at? Can you clarify? Thanks! For example, I buy the deal at the end of this month. Validate in Sept 2013. when I renew that in Sept 2014, what price will I pay?
You'll pay the 2014 renewal price, whatever that is. I'd count on a price increase before then. There hasn't been any announcement yet about the extension of the DVC PAP deal.

Stupid Judy.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #521
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

As long as it is within the renewal period (30 days on either side of the expiration date), you may upgrade or downgrade to any level of AP you are entitled to purchase and you will get the renewal rate that is in effect at that time.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #522
krisnchris
Mouseketeer

OK, so not $399 unless they extend the offer. Likely higher, like slightly lower then the regular price for the PAP?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #523
ludari
DIS Veteran

I am a little confused from reading all these post and need some help from you passport experts.

I am a DVC member and currently have a Premier Passport that expires at the end of February 2013. I live near DLR and plan on visiting WDW at least four times next year.
  • Should I just purchase the CA Premium Passport and wait until my visit to WDW to upgrade?
  • Can I take advantage of this DVC member discount but if I do will I lose two months of my existing passport since it expires in Feb?
  • If I take advantage of this discount and want to upgrade to the Premier do I have to pay the entire difference and thus the discount dosen't apply?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #524
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I am a little confused from reading all these post and need some help from you passport experts.

I am a DVC member and currently have a Premier Passport that expires at the end of February 2013. I live near DLR and plan on visiting WDW at least four times next year.
  • Should I just purchase the CA Premium Passport and wait until my visit to WDW to upgrade?
  • Can I take advantage of this DVC member discount but if I do will I lose two months of my existing passport since it expires in Feb?
  • If I take advantage of this discount and want to upgrade to the Premier do I have to pay the entire difference and thus the discount dosen't apply?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
How many times will you be visiting DLR?

Stupid Judy.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #525
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
Can I take advantage of this DVC member discount but if I do will I lose two months of my existing passport since it expires in Feb?
You can buy a voucher for a DVC Premium AP prior to 31 Dec and then activate it in 2013.

Quote:
If I take advantage of this discount and want to upgrade to the Premier do I have to pay the entire difference and thus the discount dosen't apply?
My understanding is there is no bridging, so you would have to pay the difference between what you paid for the DVC premium AP and what the current premier AP costs at the time of your upgrade.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: