DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Will we be able to buy this online? We will be in Disney this month then not again until Jan. When renewal time comes up for the PAP can we just renew it as a regular AP at the DVC discount?
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Will we be able to buy this online? We will be in Disney this month then not again until Jan. When renewal time comes up for the PAP can we just renew it as a regular AP at the DVC discount?
According to what MS told me, we can only take advantage of this excellent discount Oct 1 to Dec 31, 2012. No switches/upgrades permitted. This is what MS told me over the phone in the last hour.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
Well I guess we can't change to premium. Just bought an annual in August. Bummer.
Yes, you can purchase the Premium as long as you activate it by 12/31/2013 - so you would just need to do that once your current AP expires.

From the DVC Member Website:

(There is also a short DVC video by Claire Bilby. )

Now, See the World and Save Even More…

The successes of the past year are just the beginning. Looking forward, the team is thrilled to be able to provide a sneak peak at two fantastic Member Perks that will become available on Oct 1:

1.From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

2.October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

Visit dvcmember.com on October 1 for more details!

**Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, Park Admission, Arcades, Disney Dollars, tobacco, alcohol, Outdoor Vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), personalization, Disney's PhotoPass® Online, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program (original art), original or consignment art, newspapers/periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, consumer electronics, Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, select collectible originals, handmade items, special orders, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Pirate League packages, shipping or taxes. A valid DVC Member ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #34
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I wasn't really planning on going to WDW in 2013 (but secretly thought I might sneek in a short trip), but planned on going all out in 2014. This totally makes sense to buy this, do a Nov/Dec 2013 trip, activate discounted PAP. Then I will have it for all of 2014 to use! Genius...right? Am thinking about it correctly right?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #35
londonderrydisneyfan
Mouseketeer

So the way I'm reading that is that if I buy the pass before Dec 31, 2012 I can activated in April 2013 and still use it on our Feb 2014 trip. Is that correct?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #36
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonderrydisneyfan View Post
So the way I'm reading that is that if I buy the pass before Dec 31, 2012 I can activated in April 2013 and still use it on our Feb 2014 trip. Is that correct?
Yes, this Premium DVC AP just needs to be activated by 12/31/2013 and will then be good for a year.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Thanks for posting this. It's a great deal! We usually go to a water park once a year so the Premium AP was never worth the extra cost but at $399 it's cheaper than a regular AP ($425) and we just happen to need new APs.
Us too!! And I had thought about not getting AP's and doing a bit more Universal or Sea World. Now I could finally make it to a water park.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

If I get this discounted premium AP and use it in 2013, then when it expires in 2014, can I renew it for a regular AP?

The Whole Gang August 2014 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #39
londonderrydisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
Yes, this Premium DVC AP just needs to be activated by 12/31/2013 and will then be good for a year.
Thanks! This is fantastic news, this will be the first time we've purchased the PAPs since we joined DVC.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #40
tigefan
Mouseketeer

Dumb question: Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of annual passes you could buy under one membership?
tigefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #41
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
I think we will be able to purchase these online thru the DVC Member website. There is a link to the Walt Disney World Ticket Store on the Members website. I'd be very surprised if we can't use that to purchase these DVC Premium APs between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.

This a GREAT deal from DVC. These Premium APs are only $14 more than the current renewal rate for a DVC AP.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #42
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigefan View Post
Dumb question: Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of annual passes you could buy under one membership?
The limit for DVC Members is 8 per household per 12 month period.

From the DVC Members site:

Passes can be purchased online at the Walt Disney World Ticket Store or by visiting any Guest Relations location at all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks and the Downtown Disney area.

Your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. Renewals can be purchased 30 days prior to or 30 days after the expiration date. Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.

•When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is ordered through the Walt Disney World Ticket Store an exchange certificate will be sent to you via mail. The certificate can be redeemed at any Walt Disney World Theme Park ticket window by presenting the exchange certificate, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from exchange certificate redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from original Pass Anniversary Date.

•When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is purchased through any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney Guest Relations location, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from the date of redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #43
DisWitt
Fan of Disney 1.0 - aka Disneyland

UPSET: No West Coast version of this?

While I think this is a most EXCELLENT perk, I have to look the gift horse in the mouth and be more than a tad upset that the West Coast US resorts aren't getting any deal NEAR this quality from DVC. With a Premium AP for DLR and DCA at $649, we should get at least the same $399 deal (nevermind that we have far fewer resorts and other stuff, but let's make the deal easy). This is completely ridiculous. If DVC wants to sell more Aulani contracts -- and sees West Coast buyers as a target market -- I can think that this kind of DLR/DCA perk would be a huge incentive, too. I'm probably crafting a letter to Member Services if there's no news of a similar deal by 10/1 for the West Coast.

Aulani Owner since 7/2010
DisWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #44
deb010305
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if these will be able to be "bridged" ? We have 3 park hoppers that we were going to use to be applied to AP's when we visited in October. But regular DVC AP's are $425.
deb010305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #45
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Is the Premium AP or the Premier AP the one that gets the 20 percent discount on merchandise?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: