DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #391
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl View Post
I have a quick question......my DH & I are both on our DVC contract and have member cards. Is that all we will be required to show when purchasing the PAP? Or will we both still need to show our driver's licenses? My license has our old address on it.... If so, can I just bring a bill that has my name on it at our current address?

Thanks!
You are both on the contract, so address won't matter.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #392
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

But anyone 18 or older purchasing any type of AP must show a photo ID.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #393
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
We upgraded our tickets last week and I showed my photo ID but my husbands was then upgraded without any photo ID being asked for which surprised me.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #394
YoMickey
Mouseketeer

We arrive in 16 days. We have a split stay between a Magic your way package that includes tickets and dining for 5 nights and then 4 nights in our DVC room.

I have a Gift card from our Disney rewards visa with roughly $1000 on it.

Can the MYW packaged tickets be used as a credit towards a premium annual pass, using the DVC discount and my gift card?

Thanks,
YO
YoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #395
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMickey View Post
We arrive in 16 days. We have a split stay between a Magic your way package that includes tickets and dining for 5 nights and then 4 nights in our DVC room.

I have a Gift card from our Disney rewards visa with roughly $1000 on it.

Can the MYW packaged tickets be used as a credit towards a premium annual pass, using the DVC discount and my gift card?

Thanks,
YO
See this post by Cheshire Figment who is a Disney Ticketing CM: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...75&postcount=7
Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #396
drewmisha
Mouseketeer

If I were to buy a 8 day convention park hopper ticket for ~340, use it once, and then upgrade it to a DVC premium pass, will the convention ticket be realized at full value? I read that convention tickets are 10% off.

Will I get full value out of the convention tickets similar to buying from UT?
Thanks.

Quote:
Florida charges 6.5% Sales Tax on tickets at WDW.

California does not charge any Sales Tax on tickets that will be used at DLR.

The Disney Premier Passport is considered that it will be used half in Florida and half in California. So it does not matter where you purchase the DPP; 50% ($424.50) is subject to the 6.5% tax and the other 50% is not subject to tax. (Or you can just say the $849 is subject to 3.25% tax.)

So the actual selling price of the DPP is $876.59 including tax, and the value (again, including tax) of the DVC Promotional PAP is $424.94. The the payment difference to upgrade a DVC PAP to a DPP is $451.65.
drewmisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #397
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Convention discounted tickets are special and normally cannot be upgraded or modified in any way. If they can be modified they are not eligible for price bridging, so your value would be what Disney sold them for originally.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #398
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which she has. It just has the old address on it.

Here in WA you are required to *notify* the DMV of address changes, but you do NOT need to change your license to match their records. If you do choose to get a new DL, there is a fee. So for quite awhile DH and I didn't have our right address on our DLs because we moved once a year for a few years. It could have been a problem when we upgraded to APs, but with that explanation for why our addresses didn't match the CM was fine; it would have been an issue for us because I am merely the Associate.

Since the PP is also an owner, her ID having a different address won't cause the same potential issue that my ID having a different address could have done.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #399
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Just thought I'd share that I was able to upgrade my Florida resident annual pass to a DVD premium annual pass for a whopping $14.61.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #400
ttepsich
Mouseketeer

Cheshire Figment....please help

I have some 6 day passes that I purchased through UT. We will be in WDW over Thanksgiving and I would like to upgrade these tics to PAP's for my husband and son. Will they give me the current gate price for these tickets. I read your "Everything about WDW tickets" that talks about "bridging". We (my daughters and I) purchased AP's over the summer and the CM at guest relations wouldn't give us current gate price for our passes. He said bridging wasn't allowed anymore for tics purchased through discount sellers. He would only give us what we paid for them. I was going to try another CM at another time but we were anxious to get our AP's so we could get our TIW card too. Is it the luck of the draw of CM's as to whether the CM will "bridge"?
ttepsich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #401
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttepsich View Post
We (my daughters and I) purchased AP's over the summer and the CM at guest relations wouldn't give us current gate price for our passes. He said bridging wasn't allowed anymore for tics purchased through discount sellers. He would only give us what we paid for them.
How did he know how much you paid for them?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #402
ttepsich
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
How did he know how much you paid for them?
Not sure. It does say on the back WHEN I purchased them. Maybe he had some sort of reference on his computer. He did know EXACTLY how much I paid though.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #403
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttepsich

Not sure. It does say on the back WHEN I purchased them. Maybe he had some sort of reference on his computer. He did know EXACTLY how much I paid though.
Did you activate (use them at least once) before attempting to upgrade? This process should always be used.... Since by passing through the turnstiles it should make it impossible to see the price, and default to the current gate price when the CM scans your ticket for upgrade.
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #404
ttepsich
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post
Did you activate (use them at least once) before attempting to upgrade? This process should always be used.... Since by passing through the turnstiles it should make it impossible to see the price, and default to the current gate price when the CM scans your ticket for upgrade.
Yes, activated them the day before. This would have been day 2 on our park hoppers.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #405
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

We purchased DVC PAP vouchers earlier this year & have not yet used them. We are going to WDW in early December. I understand that Disney doesn't typically issue credits/refunds, but what do you think the odds are for getting these vouchers changed to the DVC PAP (at $399 each) & receiving a credit? For our four tickets, we're talking quite a bit of difference in cost (a pretty hefty credit).
If we had purchased AP vouchers, they would be upgraded. My complaint is that we spent the extra money to buy what is now costing $399 each (we spent $524 each!). Just seems like we got a bum deal by paying for these PAP vouchers ahead of time. Sigh.

If you think we have a chance, would you suggest calling or trying MS after we get there? (I've been wanting to call, but haven't had the time due to a hospital stay)

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: