DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #376
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Chances are good they'll have your number in the system by 12/31/12.
I hope so!

Thanks for everyone's replies
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #377
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

I have a voucher for my DVC RENEWAL ap... IF, I get my AP and use it as is for several days...Can I then upgrade it to the DVC PAP and it gets a new start date?

I want to wait to upgrade so I can still use it next year when I return for W&D. Since the dates are tentatively set for Nov 8-9, 2013

Will this work?

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #378
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
I have a voucher for my DVC renewal IF, I get my AP and use it as is for several days...Can I then upgrade it to the DVC PAP and it gets a new start date?

Will this work?
No.

It now appears to be policy that unredeemed vouchers can be upgraded to the $399 PAP regardless of original cost. However, upgrading currently active passes is more hit-and-miss.

And even if they do allow you to upgrade an AP once active, the upgraded pass will retain the original expiration date.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #379
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
I have a voucher for my DVC renewal IF, I get my AP and use it as is for several days...Can I then upgrade it to the DVC PAP and it gets a new start date?

I want to wait to upgrade so I can still use it next year when I return for W&D. Since the dates are tentatively set for Nov 8-9, 2013

Will this work?
I don't think so. I have no idea if you can upgrade from a plain AP to a PAP, but I do *know* that you can't get a new date upon upgrading. If you update a plain hopper to an AP, the AP always has a start date that coincides with the date you first used your ticket. So, the day your AP starts, you'd keep that day for your PAP.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #380
drewmisha
Mouseketeer

Is it possible to upgrade the PAP to the Premier pass at Disneyland? Thanks.
drewmisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #381
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmisha View Post
Yes, but you will only get credit for the actual price you paid for the PAP when you upgrade. If you upgrade from the $399 PAP, you will only get credit for $399 towards the purchase of the WDW/DL Premier Passport.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #382
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Yes. But they will look-up the exact value you paid for the PAP and that's the amount of credit you will receive.

In other words, if you buy the $399 (plus tax) PAP, you will get credit for $399 plus tax. There are no additional savings to be realized by purchasing the discounted PAP and then upgrading to the Premier.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #383
drewmisha
Mouseketeer

I have read that passes purchased at Disneyland are not subject to tax so I guess some tax money is saved. Is the tax on the pass paid at DW included in the credit? If so, the balance is 850-425=~425.

If I can eke out 2 4-day visits there, I think it may be worth it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Yes. But they will look-up the exact value you paid for the PAP and that's the amount of credit you will receive.

In other words, if you buy the $399 (plus tax) PAP, you will get credit for $399 plus tax. There are no additional savings to be realized by purchasing the discounted PAP and then upgrading to the Premier.
drewmisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #384
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have read that passes purchased at Disneyland are not subject to tax so I guess some tax money is saved. Is the tax on the pass paid at DW included in the credit? If so, the balance is 850-425=~425.

If I can eke out 2 4-day visits there, I think it may be worth it. Thanks.
Any money collected as Florida state sales tax on a PAP purchase goes to the state of Florida. If you upgraded in Florida, you would pay 850 - 399 = 451 and then you would be taxed on that $451. If as you say California does not charge tax then I expect you would owe $451 and no additional tax. I don't think you would get a refund/credit of the Florida state sales tax against the additional money due to Disney on the upgrade.

In order to get a "credit" for the sales tax paid to Florida, Disney would have to treat the upgrade as a full refund of the price paid for the PAP and then a new purchase of the Premium pass. Then the question becomes, can you purchase something in Florida, return it in California and get the Florida tax refunded. I suspect Disney doesn't do that.

Last edited by LisaS; 11-05-2012 at 10:46 AM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #385
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

My understanding is that the net price is the same regardless of whether you buy in Florida or California. Disney does some sort of CA/FL split on the total cost of the pass. The Florida portion is taxed at 6.5% regardless of where you buy.

Anyone know differently?

Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #386
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
My understanding is that the net price is the same regardless of whether you buy in Florida or California. Disney does some sort of CA/FL split on the total cost of the pass. The Florida portion is taxed at 6.5% regardless of where you buy.

Anyone know differently?
I found the original DisneyParks Blog post regarding the Premier Passport. One of the questions was about Sales Tax. In that post, the Premier Passport cost $700 and the FL Sales Tax (6.5%) came out to $22.75. $700/2=$350. $350*6.5%=22.75. That makes the FL portion of the Premier Passport 50% of the price if the ratio still stands.
Click image below to see larger version:

See Comment #94 (on Page 2):
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ge-2/#comments
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #387
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Interesting! In the example shown, tax is paid on half of the price. When upgrading from a PAP (valued at $399) I wonder if they tax you on the $26 difference.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #388
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Florida charges 6.5% Sales Tax on tickets at WDW.

California does not charge any Sales Tax on tickets that will be used at DLR.

The Disney Premier Passport is considered that it will be used half in Florida and half in California. So it does not matter where you purchase the DPP; 50% ($424.50) is subject to the 6.5% tax and the other 50% is not subject to tax. (Or you can just say the $849 is subject to 3.25% tax.)

So the actual selling price of the DPP is $876.59 including tax, and the value (again, including tax) of the DVC Promotional PAP is $424.94. The the payment difference to upgrade a DVC PAP to a DPP is $451.65.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #389
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

I managed to upgrade my 14 day Ultimate tickets to PAP for $73 each at DTD last week so I was very pleased with that as I had calculated more than that!
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #390
Snoopygirl
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question......my DH & I are both on our DVC contract and have member cards. Is that all we will be required to show when purchasing the PAP? Or will we both still need to show our driver's licenses? My license has our old address on it.... If so, can I just bring a bill that has my name on it at our current address?

Thanks!

Snoopygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: