DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #361
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yes. Take the voucher to a ticket window and tell them you want to use the value of the ticket ($385 plus tax) toward the purchase of a new DVC Promotional PAP. This should cost $14.91 including tax, but must be done no later than December 31 this year.

And you could then contact MS to get a voucher for $399 that you can use next year.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #362
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

This is fantastic news

And I like the way you think Cheshire Figment about getting another pass for next year!

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #363
drcoulsey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You need to use the tickets once before upgrading. You never "lose a day" of value - it doesn't work like that. You will only get the value of the ticket that UT paid Disney, vs the current gate price if you don't use them first.
Thanks for clarifying this. I thought if I used one day of my 6-day park hopper pass and then upgraded to the PAP, I would only get credit for the cost of 5 days.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #364
BWVSue
Earning My Ears

I haven't seen this question asked--If I buy 2 of the PAP's and for some reason I am unable to activate them before Dec. 31, 2013, will I just be out the $800 or will I be able to apply that amount to other tickets in the future. I certainly am planning on using the PAP's but you just never know...

Thanks!
BWVSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #365
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

There is nothing in the internal notice which talks of this. However, based on past experience I would expect that they would allow you the $399 (plus tax) on each voucher toward the purchase of a more expensive ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #366
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

I sure hope that AP vouchers and renewal vouchers never expire. I have such a mess of vouchers and park tickets and I have no idea what I paid for any of them or when I bought them. I need to keep better track. My current AP expires tomorrow but we will not be back until Nov. 27, so I guess I will just grab one of my AP vouchers and take it along and hope for the best. DH's AP does not expire until sometime in Jan. I need to read through this whole long thread to see if I can use another of our AP vouchers to buy a PAP voucher when we are there in Nov. and then save that voucher to use for him when we are there in Mar. 2013.
Cheshire Figment, it is really nice of you to post here on this DVC thread to answer so many questions.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #367
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. If you have a voucher for a new AP, in theory it can be used for the purchase of an AP no matter what you paid or the current cost.

2. If the voucher was less then $399, it can be used for the $399 Promotional PAP and you would pay the difference.

3. If the voucher is for a renewal AP, see Post 15-G of the ticket sticky for special rules.

4. Note that any partially used park tickets with the No Expire option cannot be modified or upgraded in any way more than 14 days from date of first use.

5. And if you have pre-MYW tickets, look at Post #8 of the sticky.

Note you can gt directly to the ticket sticky by the link in my signature.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #368
BWVSue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
There is nothing in the internal notice which talks of this. However, based on past experience I would expect that they would allow you the $399 (plus tax) on each voucher toward the purchase of a more expensive ticket.

Thanks Cheshire Figment. I appreciate your help!
BWVSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #369
WDWorld2003
DIS Veteran

This looks like a great deal.

If I understand this right, I can purchase the vouchers and if for some reason we are unable to purchase the PAP the $399.00 could be used to purchase tickets even after the December 31, 2013 cutoff? We do not lose the funds? Could I purchase just Magic Your Way tickets with those funds?
WDWorld2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #370
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Officially the promotion will have ended and in theory the vouchers would not have any value. However a Guest Relations Office/Window would consider this as "Guest Recovery" and normally would allow the use of the voucher (plus some extra money) to purchase a MYW ticket or regular (including DVC-priced) AP. For example, a current 10-day hopper with WPF&M is $397; I would expect by the beginning of 2014 it would cost more.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #371
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Officially the promotion will have ended and in theory the vouchers would not have any value. However a Guest Relations Office/Window would consider this as "Guest Recovery" and normally would allow the use of the voucher (plus some extra money) to purchase a MYW ticket or regular (including DVC-priced) AP. For example, a current 10-day hopper with WPF&M is $397; I would expect by the beginning of 2014 it would cost more.
Boy, I sure wish this were a certainty instead of a "historically speaking". DH and I are seriously considering participating in the Wine and Dine Half-Marathon in November 2013 (no kids). We will then be going in October 2014 with the kids for my 40th birthday, F&W and MNSSHP. Our only problem is that we don't know when the half-marathon will be held. DH goes deer hunting on November 15-18 (non-negotiable...that is our meat for the year!) so if the 1/2 marathon is held that weekend, we won't be going. We would have to buy our PAP vouchers (just ours, the kids will be doing the YES program in 2014) *before* the end of the year. If the dates don't work out, we won't be going in 2013 at all. I'd really hate to lose $800 but I'd also hate to lose out on the PAP's for this price if we end up going.

I guess it is just better for us to buy the regular AP's (for a total of $50 more) and not worry about the special promotion. I don't think we'd use any of the "premium" options anyways, other than maybe the 20% off merchandise perk.

...But a big "THANKS" goes out to Claire for making this *GREAT* discount available

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #372
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

So I know it says

Valid DVC Member ID Card is required. DVC Members may purchase passes for up to eight (8) immediate family members living in the same household.

What if I don't get my DVC Member ID card by 12/31/2012? I'm currently in the midst of a resale purchase, it's already been in ROFR for 2 weeks, but looking at some historical timelines, if everything goes my way in terms of timeline, I may be in the DVC system no earlier than 12/26. But I know, Disney then postal mails out your Member ID card. So it will probably be after the new year before I get the card. And I am reading that Member Services isn't helping you until you get the Member ID card.

Any thoughts?
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #373
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpatrick View Post
So I know it says

Valid DVC Member ID Card is required. DVC Members may purchase passes for up to eight (8) immediate family members living in the same household.

What if I don't get my DVC Member ID card by 12/31/2012? I'm currently in the midst of a resale purchase, it's already been in ROFR for 2 weeks, but looking at some historical timelines, if everything goes my way in terms of timeline, I may be in the DVC system no earlier than 12/26. But I know, Disney then postal mails out your Member ID card. So it will probably be after the new year before I get the card. And I am reading that Member Services isn't helping you until you get the Member ID card.

Any thoughts?
Will you be in WDW trying to buy the pass or are you getting a voucher to use next year?

If you will be at WDW, and you are in the system - you can go to SSR and have them print a blue DVC member card for you.

If you are at home just ordering the voucher - you can call to order the voucher once in the system. You won't need the blue card until you pick up the actual PAP at the parks. We just ordered ours and there is not an actual paper voucher - we just show our ID and DVC card at Guest Relations.

Good luck getting through the process soon enough!!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #374
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
Will you be in WDW trying to buy the pass or are you getting a voucher to use next year?
No, I will be doing it over the phone and I won't be redeeming the voucher at Guest Relations until Fall 2013. So over the phone, I'm not sure what proof of DVC membership, they ask from you over the phone, especially since there is a chance I won't know my DVC Member ID number. But since I'll need my DVC Member ID to pick them up, I can't imagine Disney would say No, I would think they would just say No when I went to pick them up in 2013.
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #375
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpatrick View Post
No, I will be doing it over the phone and I won't be redeeming the voucher at Guest Relations until Fall 2013. So over the phone, I'm not sure what proof of DVC membership, they ask from you over the phone, especially since there is a chance I won't know my DVC Member ID number. But since I'll need my DVC Member ID to pick them up, I can't imagine Disney would say No, I would think they would just say No when I went to pick them up in 2013.
If you've closed and the closing info has been sent to Disney, you can call Member Services and if you're in the system, they'll be able to complete the purchase for you. You won't need to have your ID card in hand. Chances are good they'll have your number in the system by 12/31/12. I purchased my first DVC points in March, and booked a stay before receiving my ID card. I can't imagine purchasing APs would present you with any difficulties.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: