DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #346
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
The rule on renewals is +/- 30 days from the expiration date of the AP...
Agree, however:

1) That always seemed to have more to do with the renewal pricing rather than a functional limit. If you want to save a few dollars on the renewal, you have to extend within the specific window. Just curious to hear if the same restriction would hold true with a voucher...particularly in a case like this where DVC is actively encouraging members to buy in advance for redemption in 2013.

If a family of 4 spends $1600 on vouchers and wants to "renew" an existing pass 45 days before it expires, will Guest Relations really be forced to turn them away?

2) The 30 day window seems like more of a guideline than anything written in stone. I've read plenty of stories over the years of passholders being able to renew outside of the 30 days, with the new pass backdated to the original's expiration date.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #347
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Two questions:

1) Can you have duplicate passes even if they are the same pass, in this case two active Premium Annual Passes at the same time? I'm assuming yes but figured I would ask because that's a little different than having separate parks AP and DisenyQuest AP.

2) What if you want the two passes to run consecutively? First PAP is purchased 12/1/12. Runs through 12/1/13. How close do you have to be to 12/1/13 in order to use a voucher to extend to 12/1/14? Can the voucher be redeemed in November '13? August '13? June '13?
# 1 Yes you can.

#2 Your pass is good for 365 days from the day you redeem it, so for it to be good until 12/1/2014, you could not redeem it before 12/1/2013 because you would get more than your 365 days. If I am understanding your question.

If you redeem a pass in June of 2013, it will expire on the same date in June of 2014, redeem in Nov, expires in Nov of the next year, etc.

The rule for renewals would not affect this situation, as you are not renewing an existing pass, you are redeeming a voucher for a new pass, so the 365 day timeline applies.

Now if you are not going to be at Disney world to redeem the pass at the latest date, you can redeem it earlier but the 365 days begins then.

For example if during the special time period you buy two PAP's and you redeem Pass A on Dec. 1, 2012, it expires on Dec. 1, 2013

If you save Pass B/voucher and you take a trip in November and you know you are not going back before Dec. 31, you can go ahead and redeem it right before you leave, and it would be good until that date, 2014.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #348
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The rule for renewals would not affect this situation, as you are not renewing an existing pass, you are redeeming a voucher for a new pass, so the 365 day timeline applies.
My questions addressed two separate scenarios: holding concurrent APs with overlapping dates vs. renewing an AP.

Sounds like you can hold two APs concurrently. That answers one question.

The second question is how close you have to be to the end date to "renew" a pass with a voucher.

If I have a pass that expires on December 1, 2013, I can walk up to Guest Relations on 11/1/13 (30 days before expiration) and "renew" the pass. That renewal process extends the end date through 12/1/14--365 days from the original expiration date NOT 365 days from the date I renew.

Why couldn't we do the same with the $399 vouchers? Why can't I give them a voucher on 11/1/13 and extend my PAP through 12/1/14?

And if we can, the question becomes how close do we have to be to the expiration of the current pass in order for it to be processed as a renewal? Is 30 days the rigid limit for renewing or can it be done further out (i.e. "renew" that 12/1/13 expiring pass through 12/1/14 by turning-in the voucher in August, September or October '13)?

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #349
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
My questions addressed two separate scenarios: holding concurrent APs with overlapping dates vs. renewing an AP.

Sounds like you can hold two APs concurrently. That answers one question.

The second question is how close you have to be to the end date to "renew" a pass with a voucher.

If I have a pass that expires on December 1, 2013, I can walk up to Guest Relations on 11/1/13 (30 days before expiration) and "renew" the pass. That renewal process extends the end date through 12/1/14--365 days from the original expiration date NOT 365 days from the date I renew.

Why couldn't we do the same with the $399 vouchers? Why can't I give them a voucher on 11/1/13 and extend my PAP through 12/1/14?

And if we can, the question becomes how close do we have to be to the expiration of the current pass in order for it to be processed as a renewal? Is 30 days the rigid limit for renewing or can it be done further out (i.e. "renew" that 12/1/13 expiring pass through 12/1/14 by turning-in the voucher in August, September or October '13)?
Ok, I now understand what you are saying. My guess would be the 30 days. I will try to find out for sure though, and maybe Cheshire Figment will come over and comment.

Of course this is probably going be a question that they have not dealt with in the past and probably due to cost no one has wanted to purchase a renewal further out than + or - 30 days.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #350
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The $399 PAP is a new AP only, it is not a renewal. If you have the voucher for the $399 PAP it will get you a new PAP when you convert it, and the expiration date will be a year from the date of conversion.

When you do a renewal you are getting a discount (about one free month) from the current gate price.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #351
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

we are here and had no problem upgrading our "renewed" APs to the PAP at international gateway. My pass is Jan and my DH is July. The CM knew exactly what she was doing and it took just a couple of minutes. We will hit the waterparks later this week. Since my pass expires in January, it was still worth the $14 to upgrade. The weather is wonderful, though the crowds are heavy.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #352
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

@Cheshire Figment-does this mean if I have a voucher renewal for my DVC AP,I can upgrade it to the PAP and have a new month as my start month? That would be amazing if that is true

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #353
murphyjh
Mouseketeer

PAP Purchase from MS using Gift Cards - Catch 22?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
As TJ stated be sure to record the confirmation number and keep it. Your receipt is your credit card statement.
I want to purchase PAP vouchers using Disney GCs for payment. The PAPs would be activated in May, 2013. I tried to use the online purchase option on the MS site (which offers shipment of the vouchers for $5), but it had no option for GC payment. If I call MS, I understand that I would get only a will call number. I want a receipt as proof of my purchase. I won't have a credit card statement because I'll be using GCs. Has anyone faced this problem?
murphyjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #354
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Both my husband and I have Florida resident AP's. But we are also DVC members. Would we be able to upgrade our current AP's to the PAP's? I plan on getting the PAP's before the deadline so we will have them for our next renewal date. May for me, August for him.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #355
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyjh View Post
I want to purchase PAP vouchers using Disney GCs for payment. The PAPs would be activated in May, 2013. I tried to use the online purchase option on the MS site (which offers shipment of the vouchers for $5), but it had no option for GC payment. If I call MS, I understand that I would get only a will call number. I want a receipt as proof of my purchase. I won't have a credit card statement because I'll be using GCs. Has anyone faced this problem?
You should get an email from MS with the will call number - wouldn't that suffice?

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #356
drcoulsey
Earning My Ears

Parkhopper pass upgraded to PAP

When I arrive at WDW Dec. 1, I plan to upgrade my 6-day parkhopper pass to the PAP. I ordered the discounted passes from UT. Should I activate the parkhopper pass on my first day so the passes will then be valued at gate price before I upgrade? If I do that, won't I just lose the cost of one day before I have to pay the difference of the upgrade?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #357
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcoulsey
When I arrive at WDW Dec. 1, I plan to upgrade my 6-day parkhopper pass to the PAP. I ordered the discounted passes from UT. Should I activate the parkhopper pass on my first day so the passes will then be valued at gate price before I upgrade? If I do that, won't I just lose the cost of one day before I have to pay the difference of the upgrade?
You need to use the tickets once before upgrading. You never "lose a day" of value - it doesn't work like that. You will only get the value of the ticket that UT paid Disney, vs the current gate price if you don't use them first.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #358
Boardwalk III
Mouseketeer

Question on PAP - - leaving in two weeks

Hi - I leave for WDW in just over two weeks. Is there any reason I need to purchase the discounted PAP from MS in advance of my arrival or can I just purchase the DVC discounted pass at the EPCOT Back entrance (along with TIW) the day I arrive?
Boardwalk III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #359
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcoulsey View Post
If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #7, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk III View Post
Hi - I leave for WDW in just over two weeks. Is there any reason I need to purchase the discounted PAP from MS in advance of my arrival or can I just purchase the DVC discounted pass at the EPCOT Back entrance (along with TIW) the day I arrive?
You can buy both in person at the International Gateway. There is always one window which is Guest Relations as well as tickets at that location.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #360
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The $399 PAP is a new AP only, it is not a renewal. If you have the voucher for the $399 PAP it will get you a new PAP when you convert it, and the expiration date will be a year from the date of conversion.

When you do a renewal you are getting a discount (about one free month) from the current gate price.
@Cheshire Figment-does this mean if I have a voucher renewal for my DVC AP which has a july use year (haven't activated it yet), I can upgrade it to the PAP and have a new month as my start month? That would be amazing if that is true

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: