DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
got2sammies
Mouseketeer

This is a really dumb question BUT does it expire a year after the date of first use? So if I activate it on Nov 9th 2012 then it will expire Nov 9, 2013 right? And you can park hop with it? Sounds like a great deal to me
Old 09-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2sammies View Post
does it expire a year after the date of first use? So if I activate it on Nov 9th 2012 then it will expire Nov 9, 2013 right? And you can park hop with it? Sounds like a great deal to me
Actually it expires one year plus one day from the day you purchase it (if purchased at WDW), pick it up at "will call" (if you purchase in advance and do not opt to have a voucher mailed to you) or the day you exchange the voucher for it (if you purchase in advance and have a voucher mailed to you). The day of first use is not relevant. It is considered activated on the date of purchase/date of voucher exchange/date of pick up at will call even if you don't use the AP to enter a park until days/weeks/months later.

Your example is correct: if you purchase onsite/exchange a voucher/pick up at will call on Nov 9, 2012, it is good through the end of the day on Nov 9, 2013. Yes you can park hop with an AP.
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #18
CBork1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnsoul View Post
I'm assuming we'll be able to upgrade from the regular to premium AP at this rate - it would only be about $15 more per person. I renewed my AP but have to pick them up at the park on my next visit in mid-October. I would love to be able to add the water parks for less than $50 a year for all three of us!
I have the same question. We just purchased an AP for our daughter in August and would love to just upgrade it to a PAP.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

OMG, that's wonderful!!!!! Our passes need renewing in December!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
Well I guess we can't change to premium. Just bought an annual in August. Bummer.
Couldn't you buy it for next year? Get the voucher. Maybe the upgrade. I just wouldn't assume it's passing me by!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBork1 View Post
I have the same question. We just purchased an AP for our daughter in August and would love to just upgrade it to a PAP.
We had plans of purchasing regular AP's on Sept 26 (will be in parks 9/26-9/28). We're on the Fantasy 9/29-10/6 and have plans to be back in the parks 10/6-10/9. Any chance I will be able to "switch" to a Premium AP from the regular AP I was planning on buy on Sept 26 ?

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

I was all set to purchase a Premier Pass for both parks when I get there next month since I currently have plans to visit DL 1 or 2 times within the next year also. Now I'll have to figure out if it will be worth just paying for Parkhoppers at DL instead and getting the Premium Pass for WDW. I guess I could just get the Premium for now and figure out whether or not to upgrade to Premier when I actually go to DL.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #23
Barbydoll8
Offical Disney Dork

AP Discount

This is much cheaper than my FL resi discount. Mine expire the end of Jan so I think I'll be buying mine on Dec 31st.
Barbydoll8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi3323 View Post
you would be fine buying it now (10/1 - 12/31) and you have until December 31, 2013 (next year) to activate it. At least that is how I am reading it
That is my question too, in this case does redeemed mean the same as activated?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #25
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
We had plans of purchasing regular AP's on Sept 26 (will be in parks 9/26-9/28). We're on the Fantasy 9/29-10/6 and have plans to be back in the parks 10/6-10/9. Any chance I will be able to "switch" to a Premium AP from the regular AP I was planning on buy on Sept 26 ?
Depends upon whether Disney will allow any sort of complimentary upgrades after Oct 1. We will probably need to wait for October 1 to arrive or someone like Cheshire Figment to comment.

I do know that back in 2005 when the DVC AP discount was first introduced, they did allow guests to upgrade. Essentially if you had a non-discounted Annual Pass you could trade it in for a DVC discounted PREMIUM Annual Pass at no cost.

The fine print of this DVC PAP deal doesn't say anything about the discount not applying to "previously purchased tickets" or anything along those lines. So there is still hope.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
dvcmom72
Mouseketeer

I bought regular AP's online a few weeks ago and am going to activate them in November. I called Member Services to see if I can "upgrade" these to the Premium and get this deal and was told I could not.
If anyone else finds out something different I would love to know!
dvcmom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
asunutgirl
Mouseketeer

It would be nice to see a decent discount for Disneyland.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Just called DVC....there will be NO switching/upgrading to the Premium if you've already purchased your AP. So looks like Sea World....Universal will be getting my business Sept 26-29. Just an FYI folks

Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Depends upon whether Disney will allow any sort of complimentary upgrades after Oct 1. We will probably need to wait for October 1 to arrive or someone like Cheshire Figment to comment.

I do know that back in 2005 when the DVC AP discount was first introduced, they did allow guests to upgrade. Essentially if you had a non-discounted Annual Pass you could trade it in for a DVC discounted PREMIUM Annual Pass at no cost.

The fine print of this DVC PAP deal doesn't say anything about the discount not applying to "previously purchased tickets" or anything along those lines. So there is still hope.
Not sure Cheshire always has the current info on what affects DVC, he shared some incorrect info about the member discount for Halloween and Christmas parties recently, just saying.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #30
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz

Think hope is gone
I just called MS. No switching or upgrades from what they just told me 5 min ago...(see my above post). And we were planning on purchasing an AP a mere 5 days prior to the sale. Now we are waiting until Oct 6 and will give other area attractions our business Sept 26-29. Oh well

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 09-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: