DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #271
lovewdwdvc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 908

2 passes

So, would it be possible to get in 2 years worth of passes with this special? Is there some kind of rule against doing that.
__________________
DISNEY TRIPS : 20+

RESORTS: POP, ASSp, Poly, BWI, SSR, CBR, Swan, VWL, AKL, Dixie Landings, POR, PORFQ,BWV. BCV, Fort Wilderness Cabin, BCV
lovewdwdvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #272
gmi3804
DIS Veteran
 
gmi3804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewdwdvc View Post
So, would it be possible to get in 2 years worth of passes with this special? Is there some kind of rule against doing that.
You could purchase a PAP from Oct-Dec 2012, and also purchase vouchers during the same time and activate them before 12/31/13 - when the first ones expire.
__________________


Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #273
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
You could purchase a PAP from Oct-Dec 2012, and also purchase vouchers during the same time and activate them before 12/31/13 - when the first ones expire.
If allowed, that's what we want to do. Our passes expire in December.
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #274
gmi3804
DIS Veteran
 
gmi3804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
If allowed, that's what we want to do. Our passes expire in December.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't believe you can hold two APs at the same time. In other words, you'd have to purchase the first of your promotonal DVC PAPs in December when your current APs expire. You can also, at that time, buy vouchers under the promotion and activate them next December once your DVC PAPs expire.
__________________


Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #275
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't believe you can hold two APs at the same time. In other words, you'd have to purchase the first of your promotonal DVC PAPs in December when your current APs expire. You can also, at that time, buy vouchers under the promotion and activate them next December once your DVC PAPs expire.
Correct, you cannot hold two active WDW APs concurrently, but I don't think that's what bobbi intends to do.

Members are certainly eligible to purchase two sets of vouchers at the $399 price (or buy one pass in-person and a voucher for 2013 use.) The only caveat to doing this is that the first pass would have to be activated / purchased between October - December 2012 and the second pass activated sometime after the expiration of that first pass in Oct - Dec '13.
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #276
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran
 
yitbos96bb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,625

Anyone try to upgrade another annual pass yet? They sticking to the hard line?
__________________
yitbos96bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #277
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

When I was at work this week, I found that my terminal had both the promotional PAP as well as the regular AP and the regular PAP.

I did notice that for all the DVC APs I did not have the capability of selling vouchers; I do have this capability for all other passes.

And I was told by my supervisor that I would not be allowed to upgrade to a $399 promotional PAP if the person had any ticket or voucher with a (pre-tax) value more than $399.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #278
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
When I was at work this week, I found that my terminal had both the promotional PAP as well as the regular AP and the regular PAP.

I did notice that for all the DVC APs I did not have the capability of selling vouchers; I do have this capability for all other passes.

And I was told by my supervisor that I would not be allowed to upgrade to a $399 promotional PAP if the person had any ticket or voucher with a (pre-tax) value more than $399.
They need to get everyone on the same page, as some have been allowed to do this.

Quote:
Adding to the discussion here - we arrived and were able to do the swap. We had vouchers purchased a day before the recent price increase a few months ago and had planned to let those vouchers sit until later and take advantage of the PAP deal.

We arrived at the DHS GS booth and asked if they knew about the DVC PAP deal. The CM behind the window said yes and started the process of purchasing. I asked him to verify that our existing voucher existed in their system and to confirm that we could let that voucher sit unactivated until after the PAP expired. The gal at the other window leaned over and suggested that we just convert the voucher to the DVC deal and they could give us a refund for the difference.

5 minutes later we walked away with 2 new PAPs and a $~58 credit on our CC.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #279
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't believe you can hold two APs at the same time. In other words, you'd have to purchase the first of your promotonal DVC PAPs in December when your current APs expire. You can also, at that time, buy vouchers under the promotion and activate them next December once your DVC PAPs expire.
We plan on getting Waterpark/Disney Quest APs in May of 2013. We want to buy the special premium vouchers now and activate December 2013. Our waterpark passes would have about 5 months left when we activate the premium passes.
Would we have a problem activating with the WP still good? Would they make any allowance such as extending the WP ones since they are also included in the premium ones?
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #280
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel

We plan on getting Waterpark/Disney Quest APs in May of 2013. We want to buy the special premium vouchers now and activate December 2013. Our waterpark passes would have about 5 months left when we activate the premium passes.
Would we have a problem activating with the WP still good? Would they make any allowance such as extending the WP ones since they are also included in the premium ones?
I don't think one will affect the other at all.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #281
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

There is no rule against a person having multiple annual passes at the same time. Normally it is not worth it.

That said, I have often sold water park annual passes to passholders who did not want to upgrade to Premium.

Also when you do a renewal prior to the expiration date of your AP, the new AP will not be valid until the expiration date of the old.

And if a person is getting to the end of an APs life and want a PAP that is good now, they can buy a new PAP and have an overlap. Because if they do a renewal/upgrade combination the upgraded pass will not be valid until the expiration of the old one.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #282
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran
 
lilpooh108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Depends on the moment
Posts: 4,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
There is no rule against a person having multiple annual passes at the same time. Normally it is not worth it.

That said, I have often sold water park annual passes to passholders who did not want to upgrade to Premium.

Also when you do a renewal prior to the expiration date of your AP, the new AP will not be valid until the expiration date of the old.

And if a person is getting to the end of an APs life and want a PAP that is good now, they can buy a new PAP and have an overlap. Because if they do a renewal/upgrade combination the upgraded pass will not be valid until the expiration of the old one.
Wow. AT DLR you definitely cannot do this. We tried to buy "new" APs last year right before the price increase while our APs were still active--we were 3 months away from renewal. We were told repeatedly "no" and that you can't have multiple APs active at the same time.

Interesting info, thanks.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #283
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 1,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I did notice that for all the DVC APs I did not have the capability of selling vouchers; I do have this capability for all other passes.
So does that mean that I cannot get a voucher in person at the parks, only thru MS? I've never gotten a voucher before, only an actual activated AP/Renewal. But this time my AP won't expire until March, so I'll want to get a voucher this time.
__________________
Disney parks visited to date:
Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Park, California Adventure, Disneyland Paris, Disney Studios Paris,
Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Hong Kong Disneyland

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 5, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 15, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #284
CRobin
DIS Veteran
 
CRobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc_john

So does that mean that I cannot get a voucher in person at the parks, only thru MS? I've never gotten a voucher before, only an actual activated AP/Renewal. But this time my AP won't expire until March, so I'll want to get a voucher this time.
You can get a voucher at Guest Relations in any park or DD. Have proof of your DVC membership.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #285
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
You can get a voucher at Guest Relations in any park or DD. Have proof of your DVC membership.
Not correct. See my Post #277 above.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: