DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #256
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Texas is fine with his ID being in Illinois as he does not drive here and all of that. Our apartment complex is even ok with his ID not being a Texas ID which is why we have never switched them...well I wonder if Disney would make any exceptions.
I think it is more a matter of your legal residency - if you actually do not legally live together, then his being IL and your being TX is fine, I guess. But if he legally lives in TX then he needs TX drivers license, etc. Plus he would save on state income tax versus filing in IL.

Anyway, DVC is very particular. We have gone thru this with our family when purchasing the AP's. The address have to match on the drivers licenses, no exceptions. Good luck with everything...
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #257
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin
Texas is fine with his ID being in Illinois as he does not drive here and all of that. Our apartment complex is even ok with his ID not being a Texas ID which is why we have never switched them...well I wonder if Disney would make any exceptions.
That may be true but it's not relevant here. Disney doesn't care what the states say. Their rules are state ID to prove you live in the same house as the member. If they made exceptions, then there would be people buying passes for their children or other relatives who live in some other state using the same logic.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #258
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Ok here is my question my husband and I just got married in July of 2012 but our photo ID's do not have the same residency address. He is the official member and I am an associate member on our DVC account because we were adding me officially once we got married. Anyway my ID has the address of my permanent home address and his ID is from Chicago because he still lives there due to business travel. However we have an apartment in Texas where we live and we both get bills to that address and can produce a marriage license and apartment lease that show we live there. How will Disney handle this when we want to get our new APs in December?
Others have already suggested that your DH get a Texas photo ID and that is the fastest way to solve your problem. The other option is to add you as a full member on his contract. If you are a full member, it won't matter that you and your DH have different addresses. There are posts here in the DVC forums that outline the process. It will cost a lot more than getting a new driver's license and take longer but it is another option. If you decide to go this route, get started ASAP because it can take several weeks. Your member ID card may not arrive in time for your trip but once your paperwork is processed and you are a full DVC member, you can pick up a temporary ID card at the sales office at SSR.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #259
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Others have already suggested that your DH get a Texas photo ID and that is the fastest way to solve your problem.

I have an issue with my recent FSU grad daughter (just turned 22 three months ago). She's moved in with her fiance and living and working in Tallahassee. We are in a dilemma---if she legally becomes a FL state resident she will be dropped off our PA family health insurance (despite the PA law of covering dependents until age 26). Her new job which she just got 2 weeks ago has no health benefits. We have been providing her with more than 50% of her financial needs---thus making her our dependent.
IF she applies for a photo ID in FL, they will require her to change her driver's license as well. We've researched and researched. It's a tough situation. We are still paying a good portion of her bills as she hasn't even gotten her first pay check yet. So I wish it was just as easy as going to get a FL photo ID and that's it.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #260
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62

I have an issue with my recent FSU grad daughter (just turned 22 three months ago). She's moved in with her fiance and living and working in Tallahassee. We are in a dilemma---if she legally becomes a FL state resident she will be dropped off our PA family health insurance (despite the PA law of covering dependents until age 26). Her new job which she just got 2 weeks ago has no health benefits. We have been providing her with more than 50% of her financial needs---thus making her our dependent.
IF she applies for a photo ID in FL, they will require her to change her driver's license as well. We've researched and researched. It's a tough situation. We are still paying a good portion of her bills as she hasn't even gotten her first pay check yet. So I wish it was just as easy as going to get a FL photo ID and that's it.
But in this case bypassing the DVC discount is an easy choice to me since you would be missing out on a lot less than any of your other (non)options.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #261
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin
Perhaps instead of listening to people who are guessing and really have no idea if they are correct on this, your husband or you would be better off calling MS and asking. After all, if you had just moved in together but hadn't changed your license yet, how would it be handled? It's a unique situation.

A better option though is to have your husband take a utility bill in his name along with another form f ID and get a state ID card. I had a Missouri State ID card and IL Drivers license in college, my boss has an IL license and AZ state ID where he owns a house. No law stating you can't have a state ID
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #262
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62

You may want to check with your insurance company on this. Dependent coverage is part of the Affordable Care Act, regardless of the living status of the dependent, or even marital status until 26. There is a small exception depending on the date of your plan that let's companies make exceptions if she has access to health care through her employer... This goes away in 2014. Many insurance companies have not enforced this but YMMV.

NY Times article sums it up well...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/11/he...alth.html?_r=0

Worth exploring.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #263
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
But in this case bypassing the DVC discount is an easy choice to me since you would be missing out on a lot less than any of your other (non)options.
Agreed vicki.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #264
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
You may want to check with your insurance company on this. Dependent coverage is part of the Affordable Care Act, regardless of the living status of the dependent, or even marital status until 26. There is a small exception depending on the date of your plan that let's companies make exceptions if she has access to health care through her employer... This goes away in 2014. Many insurance companies have not enforced this but YMMV.

Worth exploring.
Thank you very much for this info !!!!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #265
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post

Worth exploring.
Excellent information.....I was going to say my son who is 24 lives in Florida and is covered under my hubby's insurance since he has not been able to,find a full time job with insurance down there
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #266
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Hmm - I did not think about this issue. We moved about a year ago, and while my husband has had to renew his driver's license since then, mine is not up for renewal until 2014. Therefore, our licenses have 2 different home addresses. In Ohio, you cannot get an updated license because of a change of address. You have to wait until your renewal date comes up. I was hoping to get annual passes for us both. We are both listed on the DVC membership and have member cards. I wonder if that will make a difference or if I can bring a mortgage statement or utility bill that shows I live at that address too. That will be a huge bummer if we can't both get the discounted APs because of that issue.

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13, DIS Exclusive Viva Italia ABD 9/14
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #267
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabi's Cubs View Post
Hmm - I did not think about this issue. We moved about a year ago, and while my husband has had to renew his driver's license since then, mine is not up for renewal until 2014. Therefore, our licenses have 2 different home addresses. In Ohio, you cannot get an updated license because of a change of address. You have to wait until your renewal date comes up. I was hoping to get annual passes for us both. We are both listed on the DVC membership and have member cards. I wonder if that will make a difference or if I can bring a mortgage statement or utility bill that shows I live at that address too. That will be a huge bummer if we can't both get the discounted APs because of that issue.

Laurie
If you both have member cards in your own name, I don't think your address should be an issue. You both are entitled to member benefits as you both are owners. Just bring both member id cards.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #268
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
In Ohio, you cannot get an updated license because of a change of address. You have to wait until your renewal date comes up.
That is not correct. An Ohio driver's license can be renewed at any time:

Quote:
A driver's license will normally expire on the fifth birthday after issuance. There is an exception for drivers between the ages of 16 and less than 21. A driver license can be renewed anytime prior to its expiration date.

However, if an Ohio license is renewed more than 90 days prior to its normal expiration date, the license will expire on the customer's fourth birthday (three years plus the customer's upcoming birthday) from the date of issuance.
http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/dl_renewal_dl.stm

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #269
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Laurie
As I posted above, if you are a full member, it won't matter that you and your DH have different addresses. It is only an issue when one spouse is a full member and the other is an associate. Make sure you have your DVC member card with you when you go to pick up the PAP along with a photo ID.

An associate does not get a membership card and is not entitled to member perks on his/her own. An associate can get the discounted PAP only if he/she can provide proof that he/she lives at the same address as the member and is present with the member when picking up the PAP. The member must show a membership card along with a photo ID with a matching address.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #270
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
If you both have member cards in your own name, I don't think your address should be an issue. You both are entitled to member benefits as you both are owners. Just bring both member id cards.
Thanks! Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
That is not correct. An Ohio driver's license can be renewed at any time:

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/dl_renewal_dl.stm
Interesting. I tried to renew mine shortly after we moved and was told I could not renew for that purpose and had to wait.

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13, DIS Exclusive Viva Italia ABD 9/14
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: