DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #211
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I have read the internal notice for ticketing people and have checked with WDW Ticketing Administration.

The notice specifically states that:

"Note: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value."

So that if you have a current AP, or a voucher/certificate/will-call for an AP, you cannot do this upgrade.

However, you c an purchase a voucher before December 31, 2012 and use it after your current AP expires in 2013.
Thanks for the udpate, however, not what many of us want to hear. I would get the new PAP in January, but since my DH just renewed his regular AP last month, he won't have a PAP until October 2013. So I'll have a PAP and he has a regular AP. Obviously we won't be using the water park perks for the PAP, so the only advantage for us will be the 20% shopping discount if that is offered for 2013. Bummed...

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #212
Breyean
DVC Since '93

I have a dumb question, but since I'm asking on behalf of my sister, who's a new DVC owner, I'll blame her (of course, I should still know the answer, I guess).

My family goes to DLR several times a year. Trips to WDW are every other year or so, since we live in AZ and can drive to DLR, making it much more convenient.

My sister is on the East Coast, and just bought BLT last year, and will be doing her first DVC visit next month. When Disney raised prices earlier this year, she bought vouchers for APs for the 3 in her family. Hasn't used them yet.

I told her about this new deal but noted she probably couldn't get any benefit from it since she will be activating her normal AP vouchers in Nov this year.

She said she looked at the vouchers and they didn't say anything about having to activate them by any specific date? Can that be right? Based on what I've been reading here, at least the PAP vouchers have a time limit when you have to activate them. Do the normal APs have the same, or can she just let them sit in her drawer and activate them late NEXT YEAR?

That's what she's thinking of doing, but I'm concerned she might be wrong and therefore out a ton of $$.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #213
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
What if you have a child AP voucher purchased before the price increase? I believe those annual passes were cheaper than the PAP price.
Good question. Since my DH renewed his AP last month he paid less that the PAP promotion. Wonder how that will affect him?? Maybe CF can think about these questions.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #214
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean
I have a dumb question, but since I'm asking on behalf of my sister, who's a new DVC owner, I'll blame her (of course, I should still know the answer, I guess).

My family goes to DLR several times a year. Trips to WDW are every other year or so, since we live in AZ and can drive to DLR, making it much more convenient.

My sister is on the East Coast, and just bought BLT last year, and will be doing her first DVC visit next month. When Disney raised prices earlier this year, she bought vouchers for APs for the 3 in her family. Hasn't used them yet.

I told her about this new deal but noted she probably couldn't get any benefit from it since she will be activating her normal AP vouchers in Nov this year.

She said she looked at the vouchers and they didn't say anything about having to activate them by any specific date? Can that be right? Based on what I've been reading here, at least the PAP vouchers have a time limit when you have to activate them. Do the normal APs have the same, or can she just let them sit in her drawer and activate them late NEXT YEAR?

That's what she's thinking of doing, but I'm concerned she might be wrong and therefore out a ton of $$.
Only this new offer has a date when the voucher must be exchanged. Normally AP vouchers never expire.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #215
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Only this new offer has a date when the voucher must be exchanged. Normally AP vouchers never expire.
Thanks! I'll pass that along.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #216
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
I have read the internal notice for ticketing people and have checked with WDW Ticketing Administration.

So that if you have a current AP, or a voucher/certificate/will-call for an AP, you cannot do this upgrade.

However, you c an purchase a voucher before December 31, 2012 and use it after your current AP expires in 2013.
Yes....and upgrade must be within 14 days of purchase of Hopper/MYW tickets.

Now...a question since I forgot to ask MS just now after being on hold 15 min. Does it matter where I buy my MYW/Hopper ? IOW, from Disney vs a ticket wholesaler like Undercover Tourist ?? Will WDW honor the upgrade either way ? Thanks.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #217
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62

Now...a question since I forgot to ask MS just now after being on hold 15 min. Does it matter where I buy my MYW/Hopper ? IOW, from Disney vs a ticket wholesaler like Undercover Tourist ?? Will WDW honor the upgrade either way ? Thanks.
Not purchase of the MYW tickets, first use of the tickets. But if you have separate tickets, you must upgrade no later than the day you use the last entitlement on the tickets, in addition to the 14 day restriction. .

If you buy your ticket directly from Disney, at the gate, they will NOT bridge the price of your tickets. You need to get them from a third party, which can be a reseller like UT, the Disney store, or in a Disney resort package (which wouldn't apply to DVC stays).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #218
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Too bad. I was hoping to upgrade my current standard AP to the PAP for the remaining term but... Not sure why I could upgrade a cheap ticket but not a costly one without expecting a refund.

I will buy a voucher for 2013 but I figure this is going to go over like a lead ballon. Sorry you work in ticketing because MS is telling folks something very different and the outrage is going to be fun!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #219
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
What if you have a child AP voucher purchased before the price increase? I believe those annual passes were cheaper than the PAP price.
Prior to the increase in June this year, a Child DVC AP was $386 (plus tax), so it should be able to be upgraded at the time it is redeemed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post

Normal a voucher for a regular priced AP is valid for exchange for an AP at any time. So a regular voucher for a DVC AP has no time limit.

However the $399 PAP is a special offer that states specifically that the vouchers will be good through December 31, 2013.

My personal opinion on this is that if you attempt to use the voucher on/after January 1, 2014 it will still have the value of $399 and that amount can be applied toward the purchase of a new ticket. (Please do not quote me on this as it is opinion only.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Not correct. Any MYW ticket modification or upgrade must be done within 14 days of first use, not date of purchase. (This does not apply to special 3 or 4 day Florida Resident tickets which have six months, or from one level of AP to a higher level which may be done within the year of validity.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #220
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Do you have to be at WDW to activate a voucher? Just wondering if I buyit now with plan to activate in 2013 and for some reason cannot make it that year, will I have that option?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #221
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Do you have to be at WDW to activate a voucher? Just wondering if I buyit now with plan to activate in 2013 and for some reason cannot make it that year, will I have that option?
You have to activate it at WDW.

Ordinarily vouchers don't expire. But with this DVC PAP promotion, they must be activated by 12/31/13.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #222
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:

My personal opinion on this is that if you attempt to use the voucher on/after January 1, 2014 it will still have the value of $399 and that amount can be applied toward the purchase of a new ticket. (Please do not quote me on this as it is opinion only.)

I sent an email to MS regarding this because there is a chance that we might be able to go 1 more time next year and they said no.

Here's what they wrote me:
We appreciate your interest in a Member-discounted Premium Annual Pass
and would be happy to assist you. In order to receive this special
discount, Members must purchase their Premium Annual Pass between
October 1 and December 31, 2012 and redeem it for the first use by
December 31, 2013. If you do not redeem your pass by December 31, 2013,
it will no longer be valid

So seems like we'd lose the whole thing if not activated by the expiry date. Which is silly to me but that's what they told me.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #223
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
I sent an email to MS regarding this because there is a chance that we might be able to go 1 more time next year and they said no.

Here's what they wrote me:
We appreciate your interest in a Member-discounted Premium Annual Pass
and would be happy to assist you. In order to receive this special
discount, Members must purchase their Premium Annual Pass between
October 1 and December 31, 2012 and redeem it for the first use by
December 31, 2013. If you do not redeem your pass by December 31, 2013,
it will no longer be valid

So seems like we'd lose the whole thing if not activated by the expiry date. Which is silly to me but that's what they told me.
Although the voucher cannot be exchanged for a PAP after 12/31/2013 MS's response doesn't explicitly state that Disney would keep the money and give the guest nothing in return. I would hope that they would do what Cheshire Figment suggests and allow the guest to apply the funds towards the purchase of some sort of ticket at current prices.

Last edited by LisaS; 09-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #224
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the corrections all ! Spoke to 3 different CM's at MS. Get slightly different info from each.
But actually better to purchase from someone like UT over WDW ?! Thanks for that info

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #225
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access "The Hub" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into The Hub for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: