DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #181
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waseller77
This is awesome!

If only I could purchase it on Sunday, Sept. 30! My flight leaves Sunday evening – if I could somehow stay an additional 15 hours, I could take advantage of this…
You can buy them online or through Member Services. You don't have to buy them at WDW.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #182
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
I've upgraded an unused MYW 1-day PH to an AP over the phone. They sent me a voucher. I'll bet you could do this after 10/1 as long as there's at least one unused day and you upgrade within 14 days of first use. The expiration will still be one year from the date of the first use of your original ticket, but at least you'll get your upgraded pass for your subsequent trip.
I just found this online. I will call MS to confirm, but wasn't sure if anyone else experienced this...

"In the past, you could upgrade most Disney park tickets to an annual pass as long as you did it within fourteen days from the first day of use, even if there were no days left on the ticket. At one point, you could even upgrade when you got home as long as you still had the ticket and you did it within the same month.

Here are the new rules:

-Tickets must be upgraded within the first seven days of use. That means if you first use the ticket on a Monday, you'll need to upgrade it by the close of business on Sunday.
-Tickets must have at least one day remaining on them.
-Tickets must be upgraded in person.

While you can buy a new annual pass at your resort's concierge desk, you'll need to go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations in the park or Downtown Disney to upgrade your Magic Your Way tickets to an annual pass. I just did this at the will-call booth in the Magic Kingdom a couple of days ago and it took all of five minutes. Make sure you have your photo ID with you. You AP start date will be the date you first started using the Magic Your Way ticket, not the day you upgraded to an AP."
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #183
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

I wasn't aware of the "in person" part of the new rule. I suspect ticket services has the power to override this. Hope it works for you. I can't imagine you won't find a CM willing to do this, but you never know.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #184
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waseller77 View Post
I just found this online. I will call MS to confirm, but wasn't sure if anyone else experienced this...

"In the past, you could upgrade most Disney park tickets to an annual pass as long as you did it within fourteen days from the first day of use, even if there were no days left on the ticket. At one point, you could even upgrade when you got home as long as you still had the ticket and you did it within the same month.

Here are the new rules:

-Tickets must be upgraded within the first seven days of use. That means if you first use the ticket on a Monday, you'll need to upgrade it by the close of business on Sunday.
-Tickets must have at least one day remaining on them.
-Tickets must be upgraded in person.

While you can buy a new annual pass at your resort's concierge desk, you'll need to go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations in the park or Downtown Disney to upgrade your Magic Your Way tickets to an annual pass. I just did this at the will-call booth in the Magic Kingdom a couple of days ago and it took all of five minutes. Make sure you have your photo ID with you. You AP start date will be the date you first started using the Magic Your Way ticket, not the day you upgraded to an AP."
I would call Disney. MS is not exactly a ticket expert source. Or see if you can post this on the thread run by the ticket CM on the Theme Parks board...
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #185
kaytieedid
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here are the new rules:

"
This concerns me. We have 6 day hoppers that we're upgrading to 10 day hoppers when we arrive on 9/23. We were told we could then upgrade to the DVC PAP on 10/01 since we would have enough days left on the pass. But, this isn't within our 7 day window. Does anyone have any more information on the "within 7 days" rule?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #186
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieedid

This concerns me. We have 6 day hoppers that we're upgrading to 10 day hoppers when we arrive on 9/23. We were told we could then upgrade to the DVC PAP on 10/01 since we would have enough days left on the pass. But, this isn't within our 7 day window. Does anyone have any more information on the "within 7 days" rule?
If our have tickets purchased in a Disney package, on a KTTW card, you can upgrade within 14 days no matter what.

If you have other separate tickets, you can only upgrade through the last day of use of the ticket. So if you have a 6 day ticket, you cannot update the day after you used the day 6 park entry, even if it's still within 14 days. Check the ticket sticky on the Thmem Parks board if you would like it explained by Cheshire Figment from Disney ticketing.

But that's the new rule. It is NOT a 7 day rule. They also don't have to have "a day left". You just can't do it the following day after using the last day. You can do it ON the last day.

You should have no problems provided you don't try to upgrade on the 11th day, since you are previously upgrading to 10 day tickets.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #187
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and advice. Cheshire Figment responded to my question and pointed me to 15J of "Everything About WDW Tickets":

"J. Upgrading Tickets After Departure

Effective August 1, 2011, policy has changed and no ticket may be upgraded based on telephone or e-mail. Upgrades (such as adding No Expire and possibly days) may only be done at a ticket or Guest Relations location on WDW."

Looks like I am out of luck unless I can find a great CM on Sunday afternoon who might let me upgrade my ticket to the PAP 15 hours early!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #188
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks to you all for your thoughts and advice. Cheshire Figment responded to my question and pointed me to 15J of "Everything About WDW Tickets":

"J. Upgrading Tickets After Departure

Effective August 1, 2011, policy has changed and no ticket may be upgraded based on telephone or e-mail. Upgrades (such as adding No Expire and possibly days) may only be done at a ticket or Guest Relations location on WDW."

Looks like I am out of luck unless I can find a great CM on Sunday afternoon who might let me upgrade my ticket to the PAP 15 hours early!
Cheshire Figment has said on the Theme Parks board that this special price won't appear in the computer system until October 1, so there's nothing a CM can do on Sept. 30.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #189
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Cheshire Figment has said on the Theme Parks board that this special price won't appear in the computer system until October 1, so there's nothing a CM can do on Sept. 30.
Thanks for that info - that will save me from talking to Guest Relations on Sunday!

Looks like this wasn't meant to be for me, but a great option for lots of people!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #190
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for that info - that will save me from talking to Guest Relations on Sunday!

Looks like this wasn't meant to be for me, but a great option for lots of people!
Do you have any trips planned for September '13 to December '13? And any more within a year of that trip? If so, you could go ahead and get your annual pass at the end of this trip, via regular upgrade procedures, then call b/t Oct. and Dec. for a voucher, which you could then activate after your first AP expired. I think you could even renew your AP with you PAP voucher in September '13.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #191
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerNashville View Post
Do you have any trips planned for September '13 to December '13? And any more within a year of that trip? If so, you could go ahead and get your annual pass at the end of this trip, via regular upgrade procedures, then call b/t Oct. and Dec. for a voucher, which you could then activate after your first AP expired. I think you could even renew your AP with you PAP voucher in September '13.
I thought of that, but our trips for 2012 and 2013 fall between Sept. and Sept. We don't have any plans for trips after Sept. next year... Thanks for helping me brainstorm some potential ways of taking advantage of this great perk!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #192
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Can wdw tickets be upgraded at DLR? My dad (same household) is taking a trip in Nov and we're not--- but we're the ones on the deed. Would like to upgrade for him when he gets home near DLR.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #193
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought of that, but our trips for 2012 and 2013 fall between Sept. and Sept. We don't have any plans for trips after Sept. next year... Thanks for helping me brainstorm some potential ways of taking advantage of this great perk!
Well, it sounds like you need to plan more trips. I mean, you can't AFFORD not to go on two or three more!
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #194
LILJAN59
Mouseketeer

Wide World Of Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffie View Post
Does anyone know what events this ticket allows admission to at ESPN Wide World of Sports?
I was wondering about the ESPN WIDE WORLD OS SPORTS COMPLEX TOO!!!
Do we have to pay more for Atlanta Braves Spring Training games with the PAP??
LILJAN59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #195
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Can wdw tickets be upgraded at DLR? My dad (same household) is taking a trip in Nov and we're not--- but we're the ones on the deed. Would like to upgrade for him when he gets home near DLR.
Do you mean upgrade a WDW ticket to a WDW DVC PAP? You can't do that at DLR. The only upgrade you can do with a WDW ticket at DLR is an upgrade to a Premiere Annual Pass (both resorts).

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: