DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #151
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe
 
phorsenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.
Posts: 18,470

What a great deal. My annual pass expires in May, but it's a FL resident pass and I pay monthly. My husbands expires in August. Since we may be moving to Orlando having the water parks included would be awesome.
So my understanding is we can both buy the DVC premium pass but can wait to activate them when mine expires in May 2013, and the other in August 2013. Right?
__________________
Etsy:BlueBayouDesigns
phorsenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #152
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
I'm talking about upgrading a DVC AP voucher to
A PAP voucher under the discount plan as of OCt 1. The answer from MS was no. Unaware of a communication gap, but please let me know if I'm misunderstanding or misstating something.
Just was going off the response about wondering the same thing when someone asked about being able to upgrade their current AP and if they could also buy a voucher. Then you referred to a voucher so it seemed like you were talking about being able to purchase a voucher also but it's something different.

Now I understand you are talking about having an Deluxe AP voucher, thus in essence wanting to switch from what will be an existing AP to the new DVC PAP. I'd throw the voucher part as it isn't really relevant and might be part of the problem since they do not refund vouchers and MS might be looking at it that way. Unless you are really wanting to simply exchange the voucher for the PAP voucher and are not intending to activate until 2013. And that I could understand not being allowed.

Frankly, MS is not in ticketing. Sometimes they don't even know about certain DVC rooms. The CM that works tickets seems pretty clear on being able to essentially "downgrade".
__________________
Kathy


Last edited by KAT4DISNEY; 09-15-2012 at 05:19 PM.
KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #153
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 22,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf
What a great deal. My annual pass expires in May, but it's a FL resident pass and I pay monthly. My husbands expires in August. Since we may be moving to Orlando having the water parks included would be awesome.
So my understanding is we can both buy the DVC premium pass but can wait to activate them when mine expires in May 2013, and the other in August 2013. Right?
Sounds right to me.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #154
castle1
Mouseketeer
 
castle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 258

Just in time for October trip!
castle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #155
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Your numbers looks wrong. The PAP is $399. $425 was the DVC AP price announced before, in June.
Hi Vicki...
I posted the prices to include the tax which is 6.5%.

Quote:
vicki_c: Actually you can do better. I saw some worth $35 off face value that cost under the PAP cost. Some with and without the WPAM add ons
Really ? Can you point me in the direction please ? These were hoppers from UT. Thanks.
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #156
moobar25
Mouseketeer
 
moobar25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
My understanding is as long as I have 1 day left on it I can upgrade to the DVC PAP? Yes according to CF Never done this before. Do they just charge you the difference between what I paid for my MYW vs the PAP. Was planning on getting MYW from Undercover Tourist---will it still be upgradeable ? yes
If so, my approximate upgrade calculations (tax included):
MYW 4 day hopper from UT on Sept 26 = $311
DVC PAP on Oct 6 = $425
So I would owe---> $114 for the upgrade 10 days later ?

UT is $20 LESS than purchasing from WDW ahead of time....just want to make sure it's still upgradeable buying from a second party ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Actually you can do better. I saw some worth $35 off face value that cost under the PAP cost. Some with and without the WPAM add ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Hi Vicki...
Really ? Can you point me in the direction please ? These were hoppers from UT. Thanks.
Your math is almost right. If you will use the UT ticket at least once and then upgrade to DVC PAP - they should bridge the price for you. Price bridging as per CF and Ticket sticky.
UT 4day PH is $312.75 <--you pay
DVC PAP $425 <--upgrade to this after at least one use
Gate 4day PH is $333.35 <--get credit for this
You would owe the difference between DVC PAP & Gate 4dayPH $91.65
$20 cheaper than gate price Total price is $404.4

There are 2 options which get you more savings under the same scenario:
A.
UT 6day PH $326.94 <-- you pay
DVC PAP $425 <-- upgrade after at least one use
Gate 6day PH $356.78 <-- get credit for this
Pay difference of $68.16
$29.64 cheaper than gate price Total price is $395.1

B.
UT 5day WP&M $311.95 <-- you pay
DVC PAP $425 <-- upgrade after at least one use
Gate 5day WP&M $346.13 <-- get credit for this
Pay difference of $78.81
$34.18 cheaper than gate price Total price is $390.76
This is the best option that I have seen

Of course if you are signed up for mousesavers newsletter you can get some more money off. The newsletter comes out on the 15th of each month.
__________________
Me DH DD (22mo) RIP
AKV/BCV 5/14, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon
moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #157
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobar25 View Post
Your math is almost right. If you will use the UT ticket at least once and then upgrade to DVC PAP - they should bridge the price for you. Price bridging as per CF and Ticket sticky.
UT 4day PH is $312.75 <--you pay
DVC PAP $425 <--upgrade to this after at least one use
Gate 4day PH is $333.35 <--get credit for this
You would owe the difference between DVC PAP & Gate 4dayPH $91.65
$20 cheaper than gate price Total price is $404.4

There are 2 options which get you more savings under the same scenario:
A.
UT 6day PH $326.94 <-- you pay
DVC PAP $425 <-- upgrade after at least one use
Gate 6day PH $356.78 <-- get credit for this
Pay difference of $68.16
$29.64 cheaper than gate price Total price is $395.1

B.
UT 5day WP&M $311.95 <-- you pay
DVC PAP $425 <-- upgrade after at least one use
Gate 5day WP&M $346.13 <-- get credit for this
Pay difference of $78.81
$34.18 cheaper than gate price Total price is $390.76
This is the best option that I have seen

Of course if you are signed up for mousesavers newsletter you can get some more money off. The newsletter comes out on the 15th of each month.
Wow Moobar ! Thanks so much for laying it all out like that. Really appreciate it. Never upgraded a pass before--despite somewhere around 50-60 visits to WDW ! And yes --I do get the Mousesaver's newsletter
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #158
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24,063
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
What a great deal. My annual pass expires in May, but it's a FL resident pass and I pay monthly. My husbands expires in August. Since we may be moving to Orlando having the water parks included would be awesome.
So my understanding is we can both buy the DVC premium pass but can wait to activate them when mine expires in May 2013, and the other in August 2013. Right?
Just clarifying - sounds like you understand but for those who may not:

If you want your year to start in 2013, you must call MS between 10/1/2012 and 12/31/2012 and get either an exchange certificate (voucher) or a will call number. Then you must go to Guest Relations on site to get the actual pass on or before 12/31/2013. Your year of admission begins when you exchange the certificate or will call number for the actual pass.

If you buy the new pass on site, you get the actual pass and your year starts immediately.

FWIW, I do not think you can buy a new annual pass if you have an active annual pass. But the DVC promotion is only good between 10/1/2012 and 12/31/2012, so you have to get an exchange certificate (voucher) or will call number during that time. It costs extra to have the exchange certificate mailed to you. No charge to get a will call number.

There may be a link from the Members' Website to buy the new pass after 10/1/2012
__________________
Best Wishes -



BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #159
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 22,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62

Hi Vicki...
I posted the prices to include the tax which is 6.5%.

Really ? Can you point me in the direction please ? These were hoppers from UT. Thanks.
I didn't say what you were quoting, so I can't answer. You somehow connected me with a quote from someone else.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #160
gmi3804
DIS Veteran
 
gmi3804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 665

Can you buy a voucher onsite? Or are vouchers only available via phone or internet?

The reason I ask is that I have an unused 1-day MYW parkhopper that I'd like to use towards the purchase of a voucher between 10/1/12 and 12/31/12 and activate next May.
__________________


¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!

We leave for the sake of leaving
And without knowing why
We say, "We must go!"
-
Words of the poet Beaudelaire
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #161
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Reston, Va.
Posts: 6,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Can you buy a voucher onsite? Or are vouchers only available via phone or internet?

The reason I ask is that I have an unused 1-day MYW parkhopper that I'd like to use towards the purchase of a voucher between 10/1/12 and 12/31/12 and activate next May.
If you buy it onsite, it activates that day. If you want a voucher that you can activate at a later date, you have to buy it online or through MS.
__________________
Missy and Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 10/13 Past TR: 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #162
gmi3804
DIS Veteran
 
gmi3804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
If you buy it onsite, it activates that day. If you want a voucher that you can activate at a later date, you have to buy it online or through MS.
OK. I think I could still do this over the phone because I've purchased vouchers before over the phone using the unused 1-Day MYW PH. I just had to read the long number off the PH and they applied the amount to the AP voucher.

Thanks.
__________________


¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!

We leave for the sake of leaving
And without knowing why
We say, "We must go!"
-
Words of the poet Beaudelaire
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #163
Disney Hawaii
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3

Can you activate the voucher over the phone or computer? The reason I ask is because we were planning on going to Disney world in 2014 and we were not planning on going to Florida untill 2014. I would like to activate these passes on December 31, 2013 so I could use it on our 2014 trip.
Disney Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #164
LisaS
DIS Veteran
 
LisaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MA & AKV/BWV/VWL
Posts: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hawaii View Post
Can you activate the voucher over the phone or computer? The reason I ask is because we were planning on going to Disney world in 2014 and we were not planning on going to Florida untill 2014. I would like to activate these passes on December 31, 2013 so I could use it on our 2014 trip.
No. You can't activate a voucher, you have to exchange it, in person, for an AP/PAP. You go to a ticket window at a park or DTD, hand them the voucher (or provide the confirmation number if you used will call) and they hand you an AP/PAP.

I haven't yet seen an answer to this question: What happens if you purchase a voucher for one of these reduced-price PAPs and don't exchange it by 12/31/2013? Do you get nothing and lose the money or can you still get the PAP sometime after 12/31/13 but it will expire on 12/31/2014, one year after the last possible exchange date?
__________________

Last edited by LisaS; 09-16-2012 at 10:12 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #165
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!
 
Donald_Quackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,400

Dang, and I just recently renewed my AP. Wish that one could trade up...ah well.
__________________

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: