DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Cool Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

From AllEars:

Today, Claire Bilby, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, announced on the Disney Vacation Club member website via video, exciting new member perks coming soon.

From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

Visit dvcmember.com on October 1 for more details!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/...mbershi_1.html

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

That's cheaper than the regular Annual Pass! Makes me wonder if the annual pass will go cheaper. Hmmmmm.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
tortoni
DIS Veteran

Really exciting news. Can this be used at Disneyland too?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I'm assuming we'll be able to upgrade from the regular to premium AP at this rate - it would only be about $15 more per person. I renewed my AP but have to pick them up at the park on my next visit in mid-October. I would love to be able to add the water parks for less than $50 a year for all three of us!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Really exciting news. Can this be used at Disneyland too?
No, that is the Premier pass

And just another FYI. You can't take the "discounted" premium and get a "discount" on the Premier. What they do is take the cost of the Premier and deduct ONLY what you PAID for the it from the price of the Premier. No "bring to gate" etc...
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
bgartz
Earning My Ears

The question I have is we bought vouchers for our family before the last price increase and we plan to redeem them on our next trip November 1st. Is there are way to exchange the tickets for the new discount amount, or get a credit for the new discount?

Would love to save over $500 from what we paid..
bgartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
zavandor
DIS Veteran

So sad there is not an offer for Disneyland too, but this discount is really good, glad for people who will be able to use it.
But the – 10% off merchandise is good for everyone!
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
Garthilk
Mouseketeer

Meh, no Disnyland love.
Garthilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Well I guess we can't change to premium. Just bought an annual in August. Bummer.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

Wonderful! I was just weighing options between Annual Pass and Park Hoppers, this offer makes the decision a whole lot easier
May even prompt an additional visit Home

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Bellabully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this. It's a great deal! We usually go to a water park once a year so the Premium AP was never worth the extra cost but at $399 it's cheaper than a regular AP ($425) and we just happen to need new APs.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
kamik86
DIS Veteran

hmm I may have to buy an extra one (already have one I'm planning to activate when I go in December) and just hold onto it until I feel like having an AP again.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
disneyfanbcv
Mouseketeer

Confused

I have a Annual Pass the renews in February which I do every year as a DVC Member. Now I would love to buy all 4 of us the extra perk . BUT, can we buy this pass now and use it in February when we arrive or does the ticket need to be used before Dec 31? Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
yogi3323
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbcv View Post
I have a Annual Pass the renews in February which I do every year as a DVC Member. Now I would love to buy all 4 of us the extra perk . BUT, can we buy this pass now and use it in February when we arrive or does the ticket need to be used before Dec 31? Thanks!!
you would be fine buying it now (10/1 - 12/31) and you have until December 31, 2013 (next year) to activate it. At least that is how I am reading it
yogi3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbcv View Post
According to information in the first post in this thread, you can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: