DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #211
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You seem to be very confused about use year. Use year is just when your membership year starts. So if you have a December use year, your points for that year are good for stays from December 1 through the following November 30. There is no month you can't stay.

That has no bearing on whether APs would be good for or not. Does the AP cost less than separate tickets for your planned trips? That would be the simplest approach to it.

Afterthought: you are a DVC and are saying you don't know if you will go back. I must be missing something in the thread, because that part makes no sense.
I think she means she is wondering if she'd go back within the year the PAP was good for.

I think a lot of people will be jumping at getting these 399. PAPs who might not need them. Disney will probably seel a lot more PAPs(APs) then normal!

We need to make the decision ourselves--I've had an AP for the last 10+ years. Got a trip planned in January but am I going back within the year? I'd be hoping so but at the moment, I do not have anything planned. I need to figure it all out very soon!

Good luck everyone!

ETA: After seeing the length of my stay in January, there is no question that the deal DVC is offering for the PAP is the way to go for us.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away

Last edited by Buckalew11; 09-30-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: did my math :)
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #212
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenio View Post
Well I meant whether or not if we would go back within the year to use the APs. I thought it said somewhere that you couldn't do something within a 3 month window of your use year. Forgive me I'm new at this DVC business. Of course I'm going back, I'm just not sure when it will be. I asked the question for help not a so I could feel stupid.
There is the "rule of 4" but that applies to booking outside of DVC resorts and means that if you are in the last 4 months of your UY you cannot both book and stay outside of DVC (with a couple of exceptions). But that's at the end of your UY. So in your case if it was anytime from Aug 1st to Nov 30th and you decided you really wanted to go on a cruise on points during those same 4 months you would be restricted and unable to do it. But if you booked the cruise before July 31st you could.

If your stay in April is long enough and you think you might want to take advantage of the water parks and the 20% shopping discount it still might be advantageous to buy. Going a second time in Dec would probably make it a no brainer.

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #213
Alice Sr.
BWV 1998 BCV 2002 SSR 2006 AKL 2008

Quote:
Well I meant whether or not if we would go back within the year to use the APs. I thought it said somewhere that you couldn't do something within a 3 month window of your use year. Forgive me I'm new at this DVC business. Of course I'm going back, I'm just not sure when it will be. I asked the question for help not a so I could feel stupid.
It is confusing for sure. But your husband will think you are a genius when you tell him how you much money you can save by buying the AP's and taking your next vacation before they expire. Of course Disney will suck the money you saved out of your pocket in some other way, they are genius' too, but you don't have to tell him that.
Alice Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #214
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't trying to make you feel stupid - which is why I said I might have missed something in the thread since I didn't understand.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #215
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Just upgraded my 4 day hopper to the DVC PAP with no issues. What a great deal!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #216
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

I was just over posting on a tread about TIW card and realized that the PAP offer also allows you to get the TIW card for $75 another savings of $25...

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #217
emmababy
DIS Veteran

So I called last week when I read this thread. I have 1 pass that I purchased in May and haven't used and wanted to upgrade that one and buy 3 more. Member services said I could do that but needed to that through Ticket services. After being on hold with them for over 30 minutes and then another 30 on the phone, they said I need to have DVC permission and then they said DVC had to do it.

So I call back in this morning and SURPRISE, they have no record of my phone call at all and said since I didn't have permission prior that I can't do it. First guy said what I purchased originally cant be higher than this price, then the Supervisor said thats not true and it had to be handled at Guest relations at the park. He transferred me to Guest Relations who picked up and then proceeded to put me on hold for 25 minutes and counting.

If they can do it in person, then they should be able to do it over the phone....
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #218
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmanh603 View Post
I was just over posting on a tread about TIW card and realized that the PAP offer also allows you to get the TIW card for $75 another savings of $25...
You can also get this price with a regular AP.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #219
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Update

Member services just told me that you can't use any tickets to upgrade into this special promo...Anyone at the park who is doing this today, please update us on if you had any success!
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #220
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy
Member services just told me that you can't use any tickets to upgrade into this special promo...Anyone at the park who is doing this today, please update us on if you had any success!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin
The first report of successfully upgrading was just a few posts above yours. Perhaps MS cannot do an upgrade, but it seems that the ticketing CMs at the parks CAN. (If you will be at WDW during the promotion period 10/1 to 12/31.)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #221
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
See Puffkin's post just below yours. In person she successfully upgraded a MYW pass.

I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade passes over the phone though - you had me scratching my head wondering if it would work.
Phone orders seem to be strictly for new pass sales and AP renewals.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #222
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Waiting to hear if anyone is able to upgrade an existing (renewed) AP to the new PAP (cost was less when purchased).

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #223
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

We are going to try and upgrade ours APs that we bought in May to PAP (for the rest of the year) on Thursday so I will report back on my experience.

Rebecca
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #224
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin
We upgraded one of our 6 day MYW park hoppers to a DVC PAP this AM at Epcot. They didn't back date it to date of first use. It expires on 10/1/13.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #225
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug

See Puffkin's post just below yours. In person she successfully upgraded a MYW pass.

I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade passes over the phone though - you had me scratching my head wondering if it would work.
Phone orders seem to be strictly for new pass sales and AP renewals.
We bought 4 day hoppers with the water park option on our first day which was Saturday. We went to AK this morning and upgraded with zero issues. Took about 5 minutes and the CM said we won the prize as her first DVC upgrade of the day. She seemed pretty prepared for this promotion. I then popped over to Guest Services for our TIW card. Our PAP's were back dated to September 29th. So glad we could utilize this deal as we were going to buy PAPs anyways. It would have been great if we could have done it all right away on Saturday, but it really wasn't too big of a deal today!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: