DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #151
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
This is what a lot of people, including myself want to do. We arrive on 9/29/12, and I'd like to be able to use 2 days off the MYW ticket from UT and then upgrade to the DVC PAP on 10/1/12. It almost seems like this would be "too good to be true".
How about heading over to IOA/US for a couple days while you wait for 10/1 to come around?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #152
redboxcar
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry because I'm sure this has been covered before, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable/friendly people in this thread.

Our DVC membership is set up so that only one of us is the name on the title (my bf) and I am an associate member only. We share a home, along with my mother.

We have never gotten DVC APs before, so I'm not sure: will we be able to buy three PAP vouchers under this promo? Again, only one member, one associate member, and one non-member... all under the same roof.

Thanks in advance!
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #153
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
I'm sorry because I'm sure this has been covered before, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable/friendly people in this thread.

Our DVC membership is set up so that only one of us is the name on the title (my bf) and I am an associate member only. We share a home, along with my mother.

We have never gotten DVC APs before, so I'm not sure: will we be able to buy three PAP vouchers under this promo? Again, only one member, one associate member, and one non-member... all under the same roof.

Thanks in advance!
From the Member Website (Immediate Family is based on the DVC Member):
Quote:
Who is eligible to receive the Annual Pass discount?
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

Who is defined as "immediate family"?
"Immediate family" is defined by Walt Disney World Resort for discount purposes as noted below: Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner, Parent/Step Parent, Mother-In-Law/Father-In-Law, Child/Step Child, Brother/Stepbrother, Sister/Stepsister, Brother-In-Law/Sister-In-Law, Grandparent, and Grandchild.
An Associate Member is not entitled to Member Benefits, but if falls under the 'Immediate Family' test can get a AP or PAP.
Quote:
An "Associate" is a person named by the Purchaser or Purchasers who is only authorized to make reservations using the Club Member's Home Resort Vacation Points. Associates do not receive Member Cards and are not entitled to the benefits and privileges that are available to a Club Member. In addition, Associates may not access financial information related to the Annual Dues and/or loan pertaining to the Club Member's Ownership Interest.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #154
redboxcar
Mouseketeer

OK, thanks. This sucks for us, then.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #155
Dan Murfman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OK, thanks. This sucks for us, then.
Marry him
Dan Murfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #156
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Are you helping pay for it? If so, I would get your name on the deed.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #157
kim_d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
This is what a lot of people, including myself want to do. We arrive on 9/29/12, and I'd like to be able to use 2 days off the MYW ticket from UT and then upgrade to the DVC PAP on 10/1/12. It almost seems like this would be "too good to be true".
Obviously I wont know if its too good to be true until 10/1 but I know myself and a few others have been told my MS that it is do-able as well as Chesire Figment's posts Re the DVC PAP discount. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Last edited by kim_d; 09-16-2012 at 07:48 PM.
kim_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #158
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim_d

Obviously I wont know if its too good to be true until 10/1 but I know myself and a few there's have been told my MS that it is do-able as well as Chesire Figment's posts Re the DVC PAP discount. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping or the best.
I think it will work fine. Those who know have said all upgrade rules will remain the same, so there should be no reason you can't upgrade your tickets just because you started using them prior to 10/1 provided you meet the normal upgrade criteria (14 days max and/or as late as the day you used the last entitlement for tickets purchase somewhere other than a Disney package).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #159
edk35
DIS Veteran

How much are regular DVC discounted AP's?? Not Premiums.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #160
Mrbruin2k
Earning My Ears

We are arriving Sept 29th and have 10 day hoppers so plan to upgrade to the PAP on October 1st. Now my question is if I buy the discounted PAP and I want to upgrade to the Premier Pass bc we live in Los Angeles, do you think they will give us the full value of the PAP towards the upgrade or only discounted price we paid? Would be awesome for us as it would be a very minimal price to upgrade to the Premier.

Thanks
2011 - Polynesian
2012 - Beach Club
2013 - Aulani
2013 - BLT
2014 - Villas Grand Floridian
2014 - BLT

Mrbruin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #161
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35
How much are regular DVC discounted AP's?? Not Premiums.
$425 + tax

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #162
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbruin2k View Post
We are arriving Sept 29th and have 10 day hoppers so plan to upgrade to the PAP on October 1st. Now my question is if I buy the discounted PAP and I want to upgrade to the Premier Pass bc we live in Los Angeles, do you think they will give us the full value of the PAP towards the upgrade or only discounted price we paid? Would be awesome for us as it would be a very minimal price to upgrade to the Premier.

Thanks
From what Cheshire Figment has said, DVC AP's are not bridged so you would only get what you paid. They are not considered "discounted" but a separate class of tickets, same with Florida Resident tickets.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #163
crewmatt
DIS Veteran

YAY this is such an awesome deal.

crewmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #164
MsSharkBait
Fish are Friends Not Food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbruin2k View Post

Thanks
I was hoping for the same thing. We are going to WDW in Oct and were planning on buying the Premier to use in DLR as well. From what I have been reading it sounds like there's no way of getting a discount for Premier (buy discounted PAP but get full credit towards Premier).

I guess the only benefit is to spend less money now... Buy the discounted PAP in Oct and pay the difference to upgrade to Premier later at DLR. :/
Connor Anthony - Born 3/09/2010
Connor's Disney Trips: WDW 8/24-31/10, DLR 12/6-8/10, DLR 3/7-9/11, DLR 6/13-15/11, DLR 9/12/11, WDW 10/18-26/11, DLR 2/27-29/12, WDW 10/9-17/12, DLR 2/25-27

I miss VMK!
MsSharkBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #165
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
ARRGGGG!!!!! We arrive on September 29th, of course. Planned on getting APs that day.
Haven't read the whole thread so I apologize...could you plan something else for the 29th and buy the AP on Oct 1.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: